Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 11:38
Cast Iron Chef

Plan: lc, higher protein
Stats: 170/132/127 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Access to ALC via mobile devices

I have a Blackberry, and I sometimes use it to access ALC when I am away from home (or when we have an eight day blackout, like we did last summer...). I have found that not all site functionality is supported, and I was wondering whether that is a known limitation of vBulletin software, or whether there is a solution, or even a version of the site that is designed for mobile device access (some sites design a version specifically for mobile users, but some forum software - SMF in particular - automatically provides a mobile device version).

The problems I have noticed specifically are:

1. I can read PM's but I cannot respond to them.
2. I cannot use the advanced reply box, only the quick reply box. Since my normal method is to use the advanced reply box, I just automatically click on the link sometimes to reply that way.

Trying to do either of these things freezes my browser. I can still read the entire page, but all links stop working, and I cannot even go back or go to another page, and I cannot force quit. I have to reboot my Blackberry to get the browser working again. My current Blackberry is the 8800 model, but I had a 7000-series one prior to this and I had the same problems.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 15:06
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

I've had the same problem on mobile browser, and I assume it has to do with limited subset of Javascript / capabilities on these browsers.

Wa'il