Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 12:52

Plan: Reduced carbs/Organics
Stats: 240/213.4/150 Female 5ft 6inch
BF: ?/26.9%/22%
Progress: 30%
Default Walking towards goal

I guess I should be starting my gym log today instead of putting my exercise routines in my journal.

Had a very good exercise session all of last week, so I'll start with yesterday. Yesterday I walked to work it took 1 hr & 25 min. I thougth that I should step it up, I was walking half way which was 45min. with little results.

I've been wearing a step counter for the past 6 or 7 months I log in any where from 10 thou to 20 on my active days. I find this really encourages me to walk more.

Went to the gym after work and did 45 min on bike, 45 treadmill and 15 min weights.

I walked in to work this morning it took 1hr 30min (stopped at a bank machine) I find that I'm exercising a lot but I'm still stuck at 165 I've been at this weight for a couple of months give or take a few pounds.

Going to the gym after work and I'm going to really push it.

Until tomorrow!!! "Keep on moving"

Last edited by Exercise B : Thu, Nov-11-04 at 12:56. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 10:12

Missed a couple of logs this week, I will sum up the past week as memory serves me.

I attended the gym all last week, weekend included.

I've been walking all the way to work instead of half way now. It takes 1hr & 25 minutes I walk at a pace that is about 4mph. This morning I got a late start so I could only walk half way which is 45 minutes.

I'm doing 1hr on the bIke now instead of 30 minutes. since I've been walking to work I usually do 30 - 45 min. on treadmill if I'm pressed for time, that way I can incorporate some new exercise equipment into my routine.

Overall I've been really, really pushing my exercising!!!
Bad part about it is I don't seem to be getting any closer to my goal weight of 145. I feel that it is because I've been getting home from the gym between 7:30 & 8pm and that's when I'm eating my meals. Need to make some changes somewhere.

Overall my exercising is going great, I try and get to the gym 7 days a week. The days that I can't make it there I exercise at home.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 09:14

Default I year today!!!

Today is my 1 year anniversay I've been attending the gym religiously for 1 year now. Yesterday and today I walked to work and it took 1hr & 20 minutes, I uped my pace to about 4.5mph.

I feel so good when I walk in the morning. Going to the gym today for about a hour and a half going to workout extra hard this evenning. My body is getting really firm now the scale is still the same, I'll get there!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 13:18

Went to the gym last night only did 1 hr on bike, my body is tired. Walked to work this morning lost 10 minutes somewhere!!! got to work in 1hr & 1/2. That' ok because I still did it, it's hard for me to believe it sometimes that I actually walk to work and sometimes walk home. Until Monday
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 12:05

It's been awhile since I added anything to my gym log.

Been doing ok quite tired lately, I'm going to the gym after work today I'll update tomorrow will be working a 17 hour shift will have alot of time to post.

#6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 14:25

Last week I was so tired after working two long days in a row.

When I got off of work Friday I went straight home and slept.

This past Saturday I went to the gym and switched up my routine a little bit, I had a lot more energy after getting some much needed sleep.

I did the stair climber for 15 min on manual at level 6 I'm starting off slow every week or so I will up the time and the level - You can really feel the burn.
45 on bike random level 8
30 minutes on treadmill incline 12 ~ 4mph
15 min weights - I would have stayed longer but I fugured I needed to get started on my Christmas shopping (My gym is in the mall-very, very handy)
60 ~ home on gizelle - Thought I put some of my energy to good use
15 min on ball

Sunday pretty much the same. I think this is why I went down a pound.

I'm going Chrismas shopping after work so I'll be exercising ~ home tonight
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 14:47

Just felt like I should add something to my gym log today.

been tired this whole week didn't go to the gym much, will be going tonight. I need to work on getting my energy levels up. I love to go to the gym when I'm not tired and feeling burned out. I'll be getting some rest over the holidays by January I should have all the energy I need to get down to my goal weight. I find that when I don't have energy I don't want to exercise and I end up eating mindlessly - which is a set back in working towards my goal.

Until tomorrow
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 22:12

It's been about 2 weeks since I posted in my gym log - It's never too late.

I went to the gym every day since Monday and it felt really good, once I got there. I changed up my workout a little which I try to do every couple of weeks. I added the eliptical & cross trainer - these 2 machines really give you a challenged workout, when I get off of these machines I feel like I really had a good workout I feel that I worked hard.

To sum up the week:

45 - 60min. on stationary bike - level 8 or 9 staying between 80 - 90rpm
15 - 60min. treadmill incline 12 between 3.8 - 4 mph
15 - 25min weights
15 eliptical/crosstrainer - will step it up within the week getting use to machines
will be moving on to more machines next week - I'm still walking not as much as I would like to, there's a lot of snow & ice on the sidewalks
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 12:08

I went to the gym last Thursday & Friday it was closed on Saturday and I also went on Sunday.

On those days I did:
45 bike level 8 - 9 random
30 - 45 treadmill incline 12 4mph
20 weights -15 pounds dumb b. & 30 - 40 bar b.
20 cross trainer/eliptical - level 8 or 9 - next week I will be reducing the level and staying on these machines for 30minutes

A lot of times I'm pressed for time, Most days I'm at the gym for 2 or more hours. My minimum is 1 1/2 hours yesterday I did only 45 bike, 30 tread m. & 15 cross t. I'm debating about going to the gym after work usually when I don't really want to go I'll push myself even if I go for only a hour or I'll do my exercises at home. Some exercise is better than none.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 15:03

Just a really quick post today!

Even though I was tired yesterday I did go to the gym. I didn't stay for too long because one of my shows were on "The Biggest Loser"

I did lower the level on the cross trainer from 8 to 5 and did 30 min. it felt good I plan to do the same this evening. I also did 45 min. on bike.

#11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 14:34

WOW

For some I know this is not a big deal but for me it is, doing 30 minutes on the cross trainer machine really breaks out a sweat and you can feel the muscles in your legs really working besides my toes falling a sleep. I think that I'm only going into the second week of trying this machine, if I would have started using this machine a year ago I would have legs of steal by now.
The only thing I need to keep an eye on is my calves I don't want that much more musles there, right now my calves are solid from all the walking I do. Now I'm hoping that my thighs can get like that. Will see see

Not going to the gym tonight I have a late meeting I may exercise at home tonight or just relax for a change.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 11:39

Went to the gym Saturday and Sunday, On Saturday I only did a hour of strenght training Sunday I did 45 bike, 15 cross trainer, 30 tread m.

I took the day off yesterday gave my body a much needed break. I usually go to the gym everyday even weekends so I decided that I'm going to be taking most Mondays & maybe a Wed. or Thurs. off When I exercise everyday without giving myself a break I found that I don't/can't do vigorious exercise I'm not that focused and my workout suffers and with that I'm not very productive and some days I can't wait for my routine to be over. So I decided that in order to be productive and put my all into my workouts I need to take breaks every couple of days besides letting my muscles repair/rest I just need the break. When I leave the gym 7 or 8 pm I head home and start cooking the next days dinner. For me lately it's been Work, gym, cook dinner, eat late, shower pass out do it all over the next day!

When I go to the gym tired, actually tired not excuse tired I not benefiting from my workout.

I will be going to the gym tonight and giving it my all.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 17:08

it's been a while since I posted in my gym log. Still going to the gym on a regular basis.

yesterday:
30 min cross trainer - level 5 random
30 bike level 9 random
30 tread m. 4mpr - 12 incline
15 weights

started doing crunches & squats for the last week before bed and in the morning I feel a little difference in my abs. It's those hips I'm trying to get rid of.

Going to be exercising tonight at home didn't feel like going out in the cold.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 20:48

it's been a month and looking back at my gym log I see that I'm doing a lot more exercise.

I've been tracking my progress:

M 30 min elipticle level 10
30 bike level 9
30 treadmill random incline 12, 4mpr
burned 950 calories

T 60 min elip. level 9 (first time doing 60 min)
30 treadmill
burned 1091 calories

W 60 min. elip.
30 treadmill
15 weights
burned 1075 calories

T 95 min. elip level 11
30 treadmill
burned 1816 calories

F 60 min. elip.
30 treadmill
burned 1138

Saturday legs too sore to workout

S 65 elip. level 11 & 12
60 treadmill 4.2 rpm
burned 1586

This has been one of my best weeks in working out, I'm proud of myself. I'll be posting my weekly workouts instead of daily.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 14:18

Plan: hi protein, no sugars
Stats: 145/144/135 Female 68.5inch
BF:hi weight: 170
Progress: 10%

whoa! that's a lot of exercise! keep it up and make sure you're eating enough calories--the weight may start moving if you take in a bit more! good work!