Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 13:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/142
BF:41%/41%/20%
Progress: 0%
Default i'm an over eater

I realize that I am an over eater. I donot have any will power. even sf jello sent me on a binge. so I restared atkins after a tree day binge and a gain of 2lbs. so I can't have any snack made of sugar in my house. they can have fruit and I will try to find other crative things for them to eat. since I live in the same park as my mother we will \walk up tp her house everynight for snacks. my life revoles around junk and I need to change it. so untill I can handle it no more junk in my house. I want to win. not be yelled at beacuse I didn't loose any weight today. or I didn't exersise today so I need to take control. and 6 days a week is to much exersise for me in the beging. for I will comet to 4 days a week. I hope that works sorry I just needed to vent thanks for listning
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:28

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Sounds to me like you have a plan understanding the triggers is the means to the end. Good LucK, Pat S
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:57

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

I'm what I consider to be a bing eater. I'll eat something yummy even if I'm not hungry. You sound as if you're the same. I wouldn't call it over-eating. The body craves, and you satisfy it by giving it what it wants. I've found that since starting Atkins my cravings have lessoned. Maybe try something to rid yourself of the cravings like L-Glutamine. I haven't tried it personally since I don't get serious cravings.. but it maybe something for you to consider. Also... I try and keep low-carb treats around. They don't have to be sweet... beef jerky, mac nuts. They really help with the binging. Mostly importantly, you need to want this WOL. There isn't a pill in the world that will completely stop the binging if you aren't determined.

As for working out. Why not try a brisk walk after dinner. Exercise doesn't have to be in the form of going to the gym every day and working yourself to the point of exhustion. Start off slowly... you'll enjoy if far more without the stress.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 17:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/196/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Default Go for a walk

Hi all,

Happy123, maybe all of us -- or at least all of us who hope to enjoy weight loss in addition to better health -- in one way or another or one time or another are over eaters.

So you picked a good place to vent, 'cause I'm guessing almost everyone of us can understand just what you're going through. So, vent away, and when you fall down, get back up and vent some more, and then keep on going. Just come here and folks will help you along. After doing Atkins for even a relatively short time it becomes easier and more natural.

And I agree wholeheartedly with Crimson. Just walk. Don't even think of it as exercise. If you get out of breath or feel strained, you're walking too fast. Slow down. Find a comfortable pace. Then walk as long or as far as you comfortably can. You'll be amazed and pleased at what happens if you form a daily walking habit.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 18:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/142
BF:41%/41%/20%

thanks eveybody I am feeling better I do walk most days with my family most days. I need to get organized and I will look into that supplement. anything to help.