Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#211   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-13, 17:29
Registered Member

Plan: SB / CALP
Stats: 289/259/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 22%

that is true .... I also have a lot to lose and my body likes to hold on to it , maybe I should listen when I am hungry also , although I think that I am over the worst of it , 3rd and 4th day were brutal , today I felt great and was happy with the food I had .
I just finished a cupcake , one of my favorite foods , and I honestly did not get the enjoyment out of it that I usually do , I think my RM dessert will consist of frozen yogurt or some dark chocolate from now on .... , I feel a little nauseous ,lol
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-13, 19:24

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushy
that is true .... I also have a lot to lose and my body likes to hold on to it , maybe I should listen when I am hungry also , although I think that I am over the worst of it , 3rd and 4th day were brutal , today I felt great and was happy with the food I had .
I just finished a cupcake , one of my favorite foods , and I honestly did not get the enjoyment out of it that I usually do , I think my RM dessert will consist of frozen yogurt or some dark chocolate from now on .... , I feel a little nauseous ,lol

i know, isn't it funny how when you are really hungry at CM's the food tastes so good, and at RM the carbs you think you'd go crazy for are just so-so sometimes? I told hubby last night that I've got the CM's down and don't fret one bit, but the RM's are starting to get to me as I am bored and can't even figure out what I want to eat since I am just like, "ho hum" due to lack of cravings! LOL

MIW
  #213   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 09:35

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ok you are probably all sick of me saying this but new low!!! I made my goal for the week!! 238.4- a total loss so far of 25.4 lbs since December 10th! So excited!! And I am finally almost to my prepregnancy weight of 235.
So on the weekends I get to go out for my reward meal/ or in the case of today I get to bring home some Papa Murphy's I got a thin crust veggie pizza so it should be yummy. Dessert will be chocolate covered strawberries have a baby shower today and bought a cute new dress so I'm excited!!
  #214   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 10:00

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Congratulations Melodyrose..you just keep on posting those new lows
  #215   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 10:53
Registered Member

BF:

that is amazing Melodyrose , this morning I was really thinking if this is the right plan for me , for 2 reasons , I am really , really missing my yogurt and fruit , I love fruit , I am feeling somewhat deprived of regular healthy foods , and I want a chance t my reward meals to eat the real carby stuff ,lol , so i won't pick fruit and yogurt at my reward meal , sighhhhhh , I am also finding myself hungry a lot of the time , this morning I was contemplating just eating whole foods and watching my caloric intake , but your post is making me rethink that ......

cm- green pepper and ham frittata with cheddar
cm-
rm-
  #216   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 11:13
Registered Member

BF:

cm- 1 scoop protein powder 0 sugar 2g carbs made with 8oz almond milk 1g carb

is this allowed ?
  #217   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 12:11

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
Ok you are probably all sick of me saying this but new low!!! I made my goal for the week!! 238.4- a total loss so far of 25.4 lbs since December 10th! So excited!! And I am finally almost to my prepregnancy weight of 235...

That is so amazing! What incredible results! Whatever you are doing it is right so keep it up and stay on plan girl!

MIW
  #218   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 13:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi-
Shushy, what foodsa re you missing? Why are you not having them at RM? I have gone through lots of different periods in the last 9.5 years where I have frruit, dried fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, bagels,potatoes, noodles, sushi, thai, chinese, mexican, beer, margaritas, wine, pancakes, scones, I don't know what else for RM carb.
I don't eat lots of prepared foods and usually make my meals. I do not feel deprived.
Please let us help you- can you explain more?
E
  #219   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 16:54

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Dang it! I cheated last night. I wasn't even hungry but I was stressed. We took our trailer out to go camping overnight and set up can be frustrating sometimes especially when two little ones are so excited to be there and are running around while we are working as fast as we can so we don't get dumped on by the impending dark clouds. <sigh> I feel like my "cravings" have improved since I wasn't even hungry but I'm still having a hard time of breaking the mental habit of reaching for my "destresser" foods, especially when we are away from home. I had no idea what a big stress eater I am. So disappointed. Oh well.

Back on plan today:
B - fried eggs and sausage, coffee w/ cream & stevia
RM L - leftover spaghetti, cranberry/orange muffin, 1/2 bagel with cream cheese, some chocolate chips, 1 beer
S - 3 sausage links
D - maybe some fish and veggies

Melodyrose - you are doing great! Keep it up and keep posting your losses!
  #220   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 17:08
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
Hi-
Shushy, what foodsa re you missing? Why are you not having them at RM? I have gone through lots of different periods in the last 9.5 years where I have frruit, dried fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, bagels,potatoes, noodles, sushi, thai, chinese, mexican, beer, margaritas, wine, pancakes, scones, I don't know what else for RM carb.
I don't eat lots of prepared foods and usually make my meals. I do not feel deprived.
Please let us help you- can you explain more?
E

Part of the problem is , that my body is used to eating 5 meals pr day as all other plans recently done , such as south beach or even just counting calories has us eating healthy , smaller meals more often . I'm not even sure if I can snack on veggies if i get hungry , and i mean hungry , not cravings .
I used to love to have greek yogurt in the am with berries and special K granola , or a smoothie made with fruit and greek yogurt , I miss this .
Reward meal is at night and I think in the long run , this is the best time slot for it .
then I become unsure if I am allowed to eat certain things , is there a carb amount that we cannot go over for cm ? like today i had a protein shake , there was 2 grams of carb in the powder and 1 g in the almond milk , was this ok for a cm or snack ?
tonight I really loved my supper , but not sure if i overdid the carbs

mixed baby greens with strawberries and feta in a balsamic honey vinagrette i made ( honey , strawberries ) , then i had lean beef burgers without bun with avocado and a few cherry tomatoes and a very small amount of sweet potato fries , dessert was a small cupcake , so I am thinking i overdid it having strawberries , honey vinagrette, avocado , sweet potatoe fries , cupcake ...... , but it was so satisfying and I know that strawberries and avocado are so good for us .

so plz tell me your thoughts
  #221   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 17:11
Registered Member

BF:

I would love to see what all the successful people are eating on this plan , Melodyrose , can you share some of your daily menus ?
  #222   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 00:20

BF:

Thanks everyone! If I do get irritating please tell me though hahaha
Shushy, Blenders and I both do the first plan the Hellers came out with, CAD and most everyone else does CALP so I think it will vary. I don't want to lead you astray because I don't know if it works for everyone but I never worry about my free meal carbs but then again I also eat my rm at a time of day that I don't feel hungry so I think I naturally eat less. I usually post what I eat on here but it varies a lot. Honestly I need my fruit and yogurt too which is why I do breakfast. I usually have a protein smoothie and then eggs and then a small dessert. If I'm craving something bad though I have it during my rm. I never deprive myself. I usually have one main meal after my rm and also a snack. I try to drink a lot of water and I am now working out 4-5 days a week (3 with a trainer). A typical cm is salmon, shrimp, and a salad with ranch. I have that a lot actually lol. Enomarb has gotten to goal so I think she can give you Even more tips. I will say though that I don't lose weight unless my free meal is breakfast. If having your rm at dinner helps you with cravings then go for it. I think one of the main goals of the Hellers is to get out of the food addiction trap so ask yourself if you find that your rm helps or hurts that
  #223   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 00:22

BF:

Oh yeah! Today:

Rm: (9am) 3 slices thin crust veggie pizza
5 strawberries dipped in chocolate
Cm: cauliflower, broccoli and celery with some artichoke spinach dip (baby shower food)
Cm: salmon, shrimp (both grilled)
  #224   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
I will say though that I don't lose weight unless my free meal is breakfast. If having your rm at dinner helps you with cravings then go for it. I think one of the main goals of the Hellers is to get out of the food addiction trap so ask yourself if you find that your rm helps or hurts that

Yes! What Melodyrose said!
Do what works for you! Play around with the diet: switch up your RM time, allow yourself more carbs with your RM so you don't feel deprived, try those low-carb yogurts for breakfast (note: the Heller's don't advocate low-carb products of any kind, so be careful. BUT, if it helps you stay on plan and you are still losing weight, then why not!). If you are about to quit, try modifying it to suit YOUR needs. It will be trial and error, of course, but you just might find your "sweet spot" if you are patient enough.

Like Eno said earlier, the Hellers frown again switching up the timing of your RM everyday. But it's ok to switch occasionally. Try having your RM for breakfast on the weekends. Then you can see how you feel and still enjoy your yogurt, fruit, and cereal while still staying on plan. Then go back to your RM dinner during the week.

Btw, you can see my diet diary on myfitnesspal. I don't enter my food intakes daily but I do sometimes just to see where I'm at calorie-wise. You'll see last week on Tuesday, I only ate 1400 cals simple because I wasn't hungry. But then on Thursday I had 2000 cals. I'm sure there are days when I'm well over 2000 cals. My daily intake also varies a lot.

Make the diet work for you! Hang in there and post here often to get feedback and motivation. That's what this group is here for and I love that!
  #225   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-13, 09:52

Woo hoo! Down another pound! New low: 229.8!!!
This is amazing considering my cheat meal I had on Friday night.
It's also interesting since we spent a lot of time soaking/swimming in the mineral-rich hot spring pools. It was wonderful! One of the health benefits is weight loss so I just wonder if that has something to do with it???

RM B - bagel with butter/cream cheese, cranberry/orange muffin with butter, 2 fried eggs in coconut oil, 1 waffle with butter/maple syrup, handful of chocolate chips, 1 glass of fermented apple juice, 1 cup hot tea with cream & stevia
L - maybe a hamburger patty with cheese
D - fried chicken thighs
Closed Thread