Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 17:57

Plan: CAD
Stats: 195/190/165 Female 5'9'
BF:
Progress:
Default Running start...

Literally! I need help! I started Atkins induction on Friday, but I really enjoy running. I also really enjoy eating which is why I can't maintain a lower weight. I've done CAD before, but I guess I was impatient with losing slower. Unfortunately my body says heck no to low carb and running...I've tried before and I always get to this point where I am sick, weak, and cranky and as soon as I consume a carb it's like a magic pill wall-a all better!

So here was my thought, perhaps CAD is a better fit. I could time my rm around my running schedule so I'm getting some carbs still for fuel.

Does this work for anyone else? Any CADers wanna be buddies??

Thanks in advance, any advice for or against my thoughts is welcome as I've read the books but I'd like to hear from some people with recent experience!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 20:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi, there! I'm sorry that I can't offer any advice, as I am just barely beginning to learn about CAD. But, I love low carbing, and I love running! So, I'll be interested in seeing what you find out.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 20:47

Plan: CAD
Stats: 195/190/165 Female 5'9'
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrygirl
Hi, there! I'm sorry that I can't offer any advice, as I am just barely beginning to learn about CAD. But, I love low carbing, and I love running! So, I'll be interested in seeing what you find out.

I'll know tomorrow when I weigh in...and then run! I'm hoping for the best.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-11, 18:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I walk and lift weights. I find that I do great on CALP as long as my workout is less than 2 hours. Over that and I hit a wall.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 16:06

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 147/138/129 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Running & Low Carb

Hi--I also run (6 miles 4 X weekly) and I find my legs feel like tree stumps if I run without a few carbs in my body to help out. Going for some quality veggie carbs before your workout might help. Sometimes I need a few slices of apple with peanut butter; sometimes just a cube of cheese or a broccoli floret & dip. Do a test run and see how you feel.

I'm 61 and have been an on-and-off low carber for decades. It's taken me this long to learn how my body reacts to carbs, both junky & quality. The quality ones work best! Veg & protein seem to give me the best runs.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-11, 07:39

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi!

With the RM in I get more energy to run and over all the joy to want to run around.

I can run during the day (after low carb breakfast or even before.) After say 1-2 hours having had the RM I can run as well.

Love the long walks on weekends, swimming in summer or just run arens .

Bless!

/Happy girl

Love to be a caddie!
CAD for life