Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 17:36
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/159/130 Female 67ins
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Travel advice anyone please?

Can I please ask for some comments on a plan I have?

I do lots of night-shifts, and in a couple of months I will be waking at about 4pm, catching a train for a 2-hour journey at about 7pm, arriving and checking into a hotel at 9.30pm, where I get an hour to relax and get changed into some glam clothing.

Then I'm going out nightclubbing on a friend's birthday event until maybe 3, 4am, and coming back to the hotel with a few friends - we're getting a suite. I'll probably be awake all night gossiping, catch a train home about 9am, and with luck my head will be on the pillow at home, at 12pm midday. Can anyone please comment on my proposed CAD plan for the day?

First off, I don't drink alcohol and soft drinks hold no allure, so I don't need to factor in carbs for the clubbing, and I won't be eating in any restaurants or anything. Also, I'm good at going long periods without snacking or anything.

I was thinking:

wake, and soon after have a calorically dense CM (my CMs are usually more snack-like) such as tuna, cheddar, mayo and some salad - I usually have my RM 4 hours after waking and I don't want to move it closer, also don't want to be bloated from a big meal of carbs;

get to the hotel, have a light carby snack such as a sandwich and maybe some milk or fruit juice - these things are easy to buy en route and that will save me time on the day;

arrange for some CM-compliant snack foods should I need them when I get back from the club, like egg mayo with crudites, and also cream so I can have a coffee or two - the room we've booked has a mini-bar so I can refrigerate it while I'm out. I'm also buying some chips & dips type stuff and deliberately choosing the ones I dislike, for the gals to share!

My thinking is that having my RM before leaving might make me feel bloated, also I like to take a bit of time (not the whole hour) over it, which might not fit in when I'd rather be getting glammed up, and while it's fine me having it early when I'm working or active at home, I'm not sure I won't just get on that old train, and want to crash out...

I guess I'm asking for constructive crit on anything obvious or subtle here I'm missing due to inexperience, and also reassurance that it's possible to travel while doing my CMs very strictly?

No probs if no-one has anything to add, it's just that my motto is "Fail to plan, and you plan to fail" - well, actually I have several, but this one seems apposite!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-12, 08:30
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I think your plans sound great. Some other CM foods to have in the suite- olives, caviar, cheese, nuts. I know you don't eat meat- some kind of veggies to go with the dips for your pals?
E
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-12, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/159/130 Female 67ins
BF:
Progress: 31%

Thanks!!

Your posts are such an inspiration so it's nice to know you didn't spot any lurking pitfalls, yes I will definitely look into veggies, on the other hand I am a sucker for nibbling on crunchy things, so maybe a total ban will be better - there's a party coming up in 2 weeks so i'll try out my theory then, take some celery sticks and see how I go!