Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-11, 11:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/HCG
Stats: 238/143.2/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default yo yo

Hey yall,

Guess Imma give this a go.

I did LC a few times. Always worked for me. I have always said I had a love/hate relationship bc the diet made me so tired and I couldn't work out without getting dizzy and lightheaded BUT it did melt me quickly.

I have lost more weight in my life than most will ever lose. Combined about 350 pounds. (maybe more, I am not going to count now..lol) I have lost 110-120 twice and 70 when I was a teen and 30-40 here and there along the way with kids ext.

The last time was about a year ago when I lost 126 pounds. I went from 291 down to 165 punds. I got a new job and stopped going to the gym. I won't say I didn't have time, because that would be an excuse and I always say excuses are for lazy people, so I will just say, I stopped going. Then I was diagnosed with a medical condition and started new meds and gained a little. Anyways, I am back to 228 and I don't want to EVEN get back to nearly 300. I want to take hold of this before it gets out of control.

I have already gained half my weight back and I am not going to let all that work go to waste and be miserable again.

Looking at all of your photos is inspiring and I am going to try this out again. I love to work out but since I am short on time with the new job, two kids and LIFE and can't be in the gym 5 days a week like I would like to be, I am going to dedicate myself to this for one month and see what I can accomplish.

I am so happy that I have some folks to hold my hand along the way!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-11, 12:01

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome Kohls....
You'll find a wealth of information and support on this site!
Here's to seeing you around

Leann
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-11, 12:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/233/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default welcome

Welcome...I think more than a couple of us have done the "yo yo" thing...I know I have.

Welcome!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-11, 14:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/151/143 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

it is good that you picked a time goal vs a weight goal, at least I think so. That is how I did it the first time and was very successful.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-11, 14:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

Welcome back. A lot of us have yo-yo'd with our weight. Society doesn't support a LC WOE, either materially or emotionally, so it's tough to maintain the loving discipline required to stay on this path.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-11, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/HCG
Stats: 238/143.2/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 92%

I should clarify. I lost 70 on LC previously in high school and about 30 another time.

The other times I have lost large amounts of weight it was from old school killing myself in the gym 5 -6 days a week sometimes twice a day. I really like working out but simply ___________*insert excuse about time here*

Anyways, I started today and I am feeling absolutely wonderful about it. I don't have a "partner" IRL which is a for me. I typically use the Partner as an excuse to either poop out ("oh you cheated? I will too so you don't feel so bad" "Oh you can't work out, we will do it tomarrow" whatever) Most every time that I have taken the mind set of "I don't care who is doing this with me, I am doing it for ME and ONLY me" is when I am successful.

Anyways, Im excited to see the weight drop off (AGAIN!)