Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-22, 07:44

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%
Default I realized I'm doing a particular Protein Power Plan

It was called The Cure for the Middle Aged Middle (my recall, it was actually Middle-Aged Middle 6 Week Cure) and the link is a thread on it when a bunch of us were discussing it when it came out.

I realize my slip was Freudian.

The core of it was two shakes a day and a meal... which is what I'm doing.

Part of it was me doing a Dr. Jack Kruse Cortisol reset which means 50 grams of protein within 20 minutes of waking, and while I love breakfast meat and eggs, I don't need to play beat the clock every morning and there is clean-up that's a bit daunting for someone who took 5 months bed rest this winter.

(And it worked! I retired in time to save my life.)

I was interested in the Discussion in Semi-low carb plan about the importance of protein in the challenges they were doing. Marty Kendall's Data-Driven Fasting

This time, like the last time I did it years ago, was about protein smoothies. It was a quick to make, easy to clean up concoction I could shake up and drink on my way to work. And now, there's so many flavors. Once I discovered hot chocolate smoothies, it was over. Sometimes, they would be dinner, too. And it seemed to work well. I get along with whey protein, and hot chocolate can be caramel, mint, cayenne, amaretto, or with my real raspberries.

Got some new products, a marshmallow cereal flavor and cinnamon, because that's a tough mix until I get my technique down. It never seems cinnamony enough, but perhaps my palate needs to adjust. It's been doing plenty of that.

The last three months of paying attention to my protein has led to rebuilding and it's starting to feel good. So while liquid diets were failures in the past, ones we craft ourselves have much more sustainability.

This feels like something I might keep.

And I did give up coffee at the same time, and it could explain how finding a good substitute became something of a hobby

Last edited by WereBear : Thu, Jun-02-22 at 08:02.
Sponsored Links