Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 07:22

Plan: CAD
Stats: 240/180/120 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default m1whowaits... did you take all this???

Hi m1whowaits,

I read a link to candida diet in one of your posts. Really good info. thanks! Did you take ALL of the items listed below? I don't even know what a digestive enzyme is. My acidophilus is capsule, not liquid, so I have no clue how many capsules equate to 1/2 tsp liquid. I wonder why DRY vitamin E. I have the oil capsules. It looks like about $200 worth of stuff (or more). I couldn't pay my rent if I bought it all. But I want to get better! Do you have any comments?

Thankyou!
Wendy

Yeast-free multi-vitamin/mineral.
Digestive enzymes with pancreatin after meals and before bed.
1000 milligrams vitamin C an hour (up to 10 grams/day) for immune system.
Acidophilus in large quantities (some brands, Ultradophilus, Maxidophilus, and so on have approx. 2 billion organisms per gram) to repopulate the intestinal bacteria. Take 1/2 teaspoon morning and evening on an empty stomach.
2 Teaspoons olive oil with 2 teaspoons oat bran, three times a day, to help keep fungus from crossing the intestinal barrier.
100 micrograms selenium three times a day, for immune system.
400 iu dry vitamin E two times a day for immune system.
20,000 iu beta carotene, for immune system
Pau D'Arco tea (taheebo tea), an herb tea from South America, which kills fungus, one cup three times a day.
Candex to improve immune response and eliminate the fungus.
Nystatin in powder form, available by medical prescription.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 10:31
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

Hi, Glad you could find some info that helped. I got the candida albicans cookbook and started on the Rainbow diet first. I got a yeast free multi (Source of Life multivitamin & mineral . no iron), Candistroy, liquid grapefruit seed extract, acidopholus ( I keep switching brands just to make sure I get something good), l-glutamine powder and essiac tea. I really recommend the tea, it has so many wonderful properties. You can get it from many places on line, I get the herbs from my chiropractor and brew it myself.
here's a list of what I take now my supplements

I find at times I need extra magnesium, so I take a TBS of milk of magneisa before bed, maybe 2 or 3 times a week along with 1000mg of calcium. I started with 2 tbs at first and worked my way down, so I know I was needing it!!

I started by finding out I was Celiac (gluten intolerant), found out about the candida through that, and I have fibro myalgia. So I went gluten free first, then did a candida diet for 3 months, and researched supplements for fibro and adrenal fatigue. I'm now doing The Schwartzbein Principle and taking the supplements I listed. I still have good days and bad, but the bad are nothing like they used to be!! And my cronic sinusitis is gone!! I now know it was candida causing it!!

Good luck and you can stop by my journal any time!! I won't be around a lot the next few days (we're moving) but I'll be back on fri and tuesday. Hope to see you around.

edit- my son got thrush after oral surgery and was on nystatin, I've heard people say difulcan is better, but they're both prescription drugs. Gotta get a doc to buy off that you have a problem. If I test positive for a vaginal infection at my physical, gonna have my gyno get me diflucan.

Last edited by m1whowaits : Thu, Jul-31-03 at 10:36.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 21:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/273.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I take Diflucan, it is very expensive, but, if you have medical insurance, you can ask your insurance provider if they have a mail order pharmacy, like RX-direct in Texas, where you can order a three month supply, for the same deductable amount as the one month supply at a regular pharmacy. Another option, is RX-Canada, you can search for it online, where Diflucan will cost a fraction of the American cost. Just a bit of info. (through using the mail order pharmacy, I spend $20 for 45 pills, rather than $20 for 15 pills. My sister had to buy one pill, it cost her $10, for a single one!they are cheaper if you use more than one dose, but, if you have Candida, one dose WILL NOT CURE IT, I know that for a fact!)

I got a bottle of grapefruit seed extract, at the health food store the other day, and it is some really nasty stuff, LOL. the lady warned me about the taste. I put it on the rash that I have on my skin, mixed with water, and it worked wonders! in 30 minutes, the rash was almost gone, it usually takes 12 hours to get the same results with my prescription cream. I have a rash that breaks out on my abdominal area, when I have a bad candida outbreak.

For me, it was my DERMATOLOGIST, that diagnosed the Candida infection, and started treating me with Diflucan. He is a wonderful doctor. I started seeing him for Rosacea, and I have discovered that doing Atkins has helped the Rosacea too!
I take 200mg of Diflucan every other day, and, I am starting to take the grapefruit seed extract. I had to travel 60 miles to a different town to find liquid acidophillus. It has to be kept in a refridgerator.

Kent had some wonderful recommendations for supplements that he posted in the reply to the thread that I started in this forum, also.

Best wishes to you both!