Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 15:21

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Can I take these things together? (candistroy)

I just bought candistroy today and I was wondering if it would be ok if I took other things at the same time such? I am supposed to take it w/b-fast and dinner but I alslo take fish oil, b vitamins and glutamine w/my breakfast. Anyone know the answer? Thanx!

--Cindy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 16:58

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy007
I just bought candistroy today and I was wondering if it would be ok if I took other things at the same time such? I am supposed to take it w/b-fast and dinner but I alslo take fish oil, b vitamins and glutamine w/my breakfast. Anyone know the answer? Thanx!

--Cindy

Hi Cindy,
Well, for one thing, glutamine is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach: one hour before meals, two hours after.

If there is no fiber in candistroy you can take it with vitamins, otherwise, don't. Your vitamins are yeast free, hopefully? B vitamins, unless stated otherwise, contain yeast.

Good luck with the Candistroy! I may be on it myself soon.
JInx
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:35

BF:

Thanx Jinxy. Wow, I had no idea B vitamins had yeast! Hmmm...I wonder if my multi does? I suppose it must since it has b vitamins. I usually take my glutamine about 1/2 hour b4 meals. So I guess that's gonna have to be good enough. Now I don't know what to do about the Bs...I feel like they give me more energy so I'm reluctant to stop taking them. Guess I'll see how it goes.

--Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 13:54

Hi Cindy,

I would DEFINITELy keep taking a good B complex - just make sure it SAYS no YEAST. I agree that it is VERY important.

I take Twinlab's Stress B complex and like it a lot - I get it at vitacost.com. On the label it says it is free from common allergens including soy, corn, yeast, barley, wheat and lactose. No added flavorings, sugars, salt , artificial sweeteners, colorings, preservatives or salicylates.

Lots of people have trouble taking vitamins and I believe it is because of binders and the b vitamins from yeast.

Jinx

Last edited by MsJinx : Mon, Aug-04-03 at 13:56.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 14:31

BF:

Very interesting. I will have to check my bottle when I get home. If it's got yeast I will look for the twinlab...my bottle was only a couple dollars so it won't be a big deal to throw out. So far I don't seem to be having any malaise from the Candistroy. I had a headache on Saturday and low energy this weekend...could be caused by die-off or could have been any number of things. But Candistroy has you work up...1 pill 2x per day the first week, 2 2x the 2nd week and then 3 2x per day in the third. So maybe going slow will prevent symptoms.

--Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 15:23

Keep me posted on your progress!

j.