Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-04, 10:04
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%
Default Forearm/wrist/hand question for the experienced

I'm at school for massage therapy and having trouble finding a happy compromise.

I've had to REALLY back off on my upper body training because my hands and forearms are already very stressed from the load of massaging, any extra work makes my tendons hurt really badly and interferes w/ massage. It's a bad hurt, chronic feeling stuff.

I want to strengthen my wrists and hands enough to both massage AND and do thorough upper body training that includes plenty of chinups and pullups... occasional rock climbing. The way it is now I even avoid many pushups because I can feel my chest getting tighter/stronger than my back (which is feeling poor and neglected) and pulling the shoulders forward (equalling upper back pain).

Any ideas? PLease help my poor little wrists hands and forearms... and my lonely, want to be big and buff back.

Meg
Sponsored Links