Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-07, 12:17

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

The container I use is about 3" x 4"
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-07, 21:40

Plan: Who needs a plan?
Stats: 245/217/200 Male 6'0"
BF:24.5%/15.7%/7.35%
Progress: 62%

I nuked mine on a dinner plate cause I don't have any microwavable containers that were fit for the job and I wanted to try this now! I went for 2 minutes and it came out fine, cut it 4 ways and made a grilled cheese wedge. I'm thinking pizza with this. Nuking it on the plate yielded a fairly flat surface on the top that wouldn't soak up too much sauce, and then it could go straight in the oven. I'm so much happier now.
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 12:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

ive done your pizza idea and it is GREAT! lemme tell you i put ceasar dressing on the flax crust and added some cheeses and italian seasoning and grilled chicken! YUUMMMMY
  #109   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 12:15

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Great idea, Mike! I often add some mixed 'italian herbs' to the mixture and make a pizza base too.
  #110   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 12:30

Plan: 30 or less daily
Stats: 232.2/214.4/169 Female 68
BF:[url=http://www.Ti
Progress: 28%

dh and I love this recipe. These days I make lots of tuna, turkey, egg, and chicken salads up and pile on top of this bread then top with shredded cheese and serve sweet pickles (splenda) and sliced tomatoes on the side. Talk about good eating!! Very filling and it's so nice to have some form of bread again. Of course dh loves the fact that I'm in the kitchen making him homemade bread these days! hehe I have also made up meatball sandwiches using this bread which are good but kinda hard to eat without a fork. Any suggestions on how to make the recipe where it will hold up eating with your hands I'd appreciate. I've been making mine up really thin.
  #111   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 12:35

Plan: 30 or less daily
Stats: 232.2/214.4/169 Female 68
BF:[url=http://www.Ti
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyroy
I nuked mine on a dinner plate cause I don't have any microwavable containers that were fit for the job and I wanted to try this now! I went for 2 minutes and it came out fine, cut it 4 ways and made a grilled cheese wedge. I'm thinking pizza with this. Nuking it on the plate yielded a fairly flat surface on the top that wouldn't soak up too much sauce, and then it could go straight in the oven. I'm so much happier now.

Been wondering how this would taste as a pizza crust! Think I'll give it a try tonight for dinner. Thanks.

By the way, not sure if you know it or not but you don't actually have to use a microwave container. Any glass one should work fine so long as it doesn't have any metal on it. Next time you are near a Dollar Store just pick up a simple glass casserole pan. If I could I'd email you one since I have several! lol

Hmm bet we could make some good casadias too. Your cheese wedges make me think of that.
  #112   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 13:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 00/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissie_12
Been wondering how this would taste as a pizza crust! Think I'll give it a try tonight for dinner. Thanks.

By the way, not sure if you know it or not but you don't actually have to use a microwave container. Any glass one should work fine so long as it doesn't have any metal on it. Next time you are near a Dollar Store just pick up a simple glass casserole pan. If I could I'd email you one since I have several! lol

Hmm bet we could make some good casadias too. Your cheese wedges make me think of that.

Hey, Cissie, how 'bout making the pizza crust idea, cutting into wedges, putting cheese, chicken, etc. in between, sandwicing them, then putting them on the Forman Grill?! I used to make chicken cheese quesedillas all the time like this, with regular tortillas! I tell ya, we could do some damage in a kitchen together!
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215.5/163/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default Flax Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyroy

I did that also with a glass pie plate and used the flax flat bread recipe. It was pliable enough to fold over and I had tuna salad in it. Real tasty!!
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 23:16
Registered Member

Stats: 260/229/162 Female 178 cm (5' 9 1/2")
BF:
Progress: 32%

When I make this recipe, I use an old tupperware container, about 6"x 3" and I cut it into 4 regular size slices.

Stacey
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 06:58

Stats: 215.5/163/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacianbob
When I make this recipe, I use an old tupperware container, about 6"x 3" and I cut it into 4 regular size slices.

Stacey

That's what I use also. Must be why I get less than the eight.
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 09:30

Plan: Who needs a plan?
Stats: 245/217/200 Male 6'0"
BF:24.5%/15.7%/7.35%
Progress: 62%

Foreman grill? Now that's cause for Panini Napolitan's: Mozzarella, tomatoes, chicken, green pepper sandwiched between lightly buttered flax bread on the Foreman. Best hot sandwich ever IMO.
  #117   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 13:56
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Muffin in a Minute

Sorry if this is a repeat......but I found this muffin in a minute recipe and just tried it. Really good too and very similar to Ellizellen's recipe.

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet splenda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of butter

1. Put dry ingredients in a coffee mug (or bowl for different shape)
2. Stir
3. Add egg and butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute on high.
Take out, slice, butter, enjoy.

Cream cheese would go nicely too.

Serving size: 1

Notes: 1.5 net carbs
Per serving: 235 calories; 18g fat (63% calories from fat); 12g protein; 11g carbs; 223mg cholesterol; 284mg sodium
  #118   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 23:43

Stats: 146.8/145/135 Female 5 feet nine inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
If you are on Atkins induction then you can really only use flax as an aid to constipation problems, starting with one tablespoonsworth and increasing till you are no longer having problems in the bathroom!
Once you are on the nuts/seeds level/rung of OWL you can add the 5 net carbsworth (which would be tons of the bread).

So since there are four tabelspoons of flax in the bread and the bread has 8 slices than I could have two slices a day maybe instead of one tablespoon of flax in my water? I am taking the pills right now and it says to take five to six of them twice a day to get things "going"...I would rather eat this delicious bread!! Is my rambling rational??
  #119   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 23:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPass
After reading about versions of this recipe I finally tryed a muffin version..two eggs, spenda, baking powder, flax seed, wheat bran and a little butter. It was SO good..I am really looking forward to trying other versions, especially a savory version. Rightnows pancake version is sounding really good two. I buy a low carb bread, but this version is lower and tastes much better :-)

How much splenda do you use in the muffin recipe?
  #120   ^
Old Sat, Mar-17-07, 00:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
We must have the same size grinder as that is exactly how high my 4 flat tablespoons are before I grind them!!

I used 4 tablespoons of ground flax. Was that wrong? Should I have used less?