Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 06:31

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

I love the Russian twists! I did them yesterday and I'm sore today!

I just used a 10 lb. plate. I also did crunches from that position. Just felt like something I ought to do.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 21:13
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:

Back squat: 55lbs (added weight), could do more. 2/10

Asst. chin up: 95lbs, 2/8

Asst. dip: 95lbs, 2/6 (up weight)

Longpull: 60, 2/10 (up weight)

Smith calf press: 80lbs, 2/12 so will increase

Deadlift: 65lbs, 2/12 so will increase

Upright row: 35lbs, 2/10. Challenging.

Shoulder press: 15lbs, 1/10 and 1/8. These are so challenging for me.

Curls: 25lbs, 2/10. Challenging.

I did not do the twists! It took me a while to get through this w/o for some reason - tired, I guess. I enjoyed it, but was getting tired. Maybe just bc I was still sore from the previous w/o? Haven't been taking glutamine this month, so might add it back in again bc it really helped with that.

I love working out. I really do! Never thought I'd say that, but I get such a good feeling from it. And I love getting stronger. I feel very proud of myself when I increase a weight or a rep.

And Brant is so supportive of my efforts...I am of his too. He shows off a little for me, doing chin-ups now bc I do them, but he does them unassisted and looks very chuffed about it...and I praise the hell outta him bc man, a guy doing chin-ups is damn hot! Esp when it's MY guy
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 21:27

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by galatia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11Uj_MpgP0 I asked some friends with amazing abs, and this is what they do. I'm going to start doing them.

Doing HIIT will really help too.

Thanks for the compliment.
I'm glad you like the RDL.

Russian Twists are my favorite ab exercise. Enjoy them!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 06:34

BF:

Hi kb. I'm really enjoying the twists!

Quote:
You know what's silly? Part of the reason I dislike ab work is bc I have bloating issues, and doing ab moves makes my tummy puff out even more. Then I feel fat. *sigh* Dumb, but there you go. I watch myself squat and on the bottom, my tummy puffs out and I can't help but wince bc I hate it. It's related to my gluten etc issues so it'll go away when it feel like it, I guess.
Mine does too. I have a uterine tumor about the size of a softball that I blame mine on. Anytime I'm doing an exercise that requires me to do anything bendy or squaty....there comes that horrible bulging yulk. However....the more fat I lose around my middle, the better it's looking.
Quote:
Question: do you squat? Where do you like to hold the weight, on shoulders or in front?
Yes I do. I spent a good deal of time trying to figure a way out of it, but it came down to just squatting and getting it over with rather than wasting time on things not nearly as effective. But I HATE squats....and lunges. Sorry, I hate to pass up an opportunity to whine about squats.

Lately I've been doing front squats. I use to do back squats exclusively. Front squats seem to hit my quads better. I have to go a whole lighter too. I use lifting straps when doing them. I loop them around the bar to make "handles." Still crossing my arms in front and resting the bar across my shoulders, but holding onto the straps instead of the bar.
Back squats-- let the bar rest in your rear delt/trap. area that is made when you bring you shoulders back. Do NOT let it rest on your neck vertebra. I'm not sure if you were just wanting to know if I did front or back squats, or how to position the bar. But....maybe somewhere in all that I answered your question.
Quote:
Can anyone eat just 1oz of cream cheese? I don't think it's possible. Would you even want to hang out with someone who could eat 1oz of cream cheese and be like "Oh, I'm just soooo full, I am soooo satisfied with that itty bitty smidge" - no. You would bench press that bitch and then eat the rest of her cream cheese while she burned in hell, and rightfully so.
You are so funny!! Thanks again for always making me laugh.
It even drives me crazy to see those show-offs who can leave stuff on their plates. Heck, half the time, I lick my plate when I'm done.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 20:26
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:

Update on my workout! Woo hoo! Note: Mon, Wed, Fri, weight/rep, rep

Back squats 55/8,8 55/10,8
Romanian deadlifts 75/9,8 75/10,10
Calf lifts 90/12,12 90/12,12
Asst. Chin ups 95/9,8 95/8,6
Asst dips 95/8,6 95/6,6
Longpull 60/10,10 60/10,10
BB Upright row 35/10,7 35/8,8
DB Shoulder press 15/10,8 15/9,7
BB curls 25/10,8 25/10,10
Russian twists b.weight/8,8 b.weight/8,8

Weird how some days, certain muscles are just tired out or perhaps not fully recovered, but I improve on other lifts. I should increase the calves - I'm using the Smith machine and a step bench - but I find the weight heavy on my upper body. My calves could do more, so I may switch to presses on a leg machine thingy until my upper bod catches up.

I now love the Russian Twists! Hard as hell, but fun...and I am determined to do more and more, unlike any other ab move where I feel like I am in hell and never want to do them again.

There were two guys today doing clean and jerks, and it looked so fun. I'd love to learn how to do them. I should say, I'll learn how to do them later on.

I lick my plate too!!!!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 06:58

BF:

Quote:
I like squats
I'm not sure I can be your friend anymore.
Actually I hate doing them, but I love what they do for me. So it's a love/hate relationship we have going. Getting under all that weight and straining every muscle in my body....I just can't make myself "like" it. Now I try not to think too much about it....get in there, do them, and then go back to thinking.

Quote:

plate-lickin extravaganza. My BF thinks I am disgusting He's such a wuss.
Yes, my DH isn't happy about my doing it either. And loves to remind me NOT to do it in public....like I would .....well, I guess if it were something really fabulous and there wasn't anyone watching....I'M KIDDING!.....I would never lick my plate in public. I'm pretty sure about that!
Quote:
Would sticking a couple of random higher cal days in there help?
I think my appetite is more controlled by hormones than anything else. The week of TOM I'm good....normal eating or even sometimes not eating all I plan to eat. (During those times I feel like I'm somebody else.)

The week after TOM I'm still riding high on not feeling like a pig on a daily basis.

But then PMS arrives with all it's splendor ....and that's when my every thought has something about eating in it. The closer it gets to TOM, the less self-control I have. Eating becomes my obsession...everything else pales in comparison. I hate those times. I'm fighting with myself, I'm not nice to anyone who comes into my sphere....it's such an ugly time.