Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-09, 11:40

Plan: Candida Diet?
Stats: 157/157/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Default Meal plan? (And my intro)

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a site where there are weekly (dinner) meal plans for Candida diets. Or even a place where users post their weekly menus where I could mix and match dinner ideas. I'm looking for easy to prepare dinner meal ideas that I could make for myself (Candida sufferer) with slight modifications for my family.

I was diagnosed with Candida 11 years ago after the birth of my son. After his birth, my weight topped out at 205. I had persistent vaginal yeast infections, gas & bloating, exhaustion, depression and confusion, and skin infections. I was also breastfeeding and my son had terrible thrush, which we were passing back and forth. It was a very long road, but after many rounds of Diflucan, (gentian violet and nystain for my son) and significant changes to my diet, 3 years later I was down to 130 lbs and healthy as can be.

Over the years I started adding forbidden items back into my diet - a bit at a time - and things went well. I remained healthy and active.

Fast forward to May of this year. My children and I got sick with the Swine Flu/ H1N1 virus. I developed a secondary bacterial infection in my lungs and was very sick. I was hospitalized and the docs had me on an IV with prednisone. After discharge, I took oral prednisone for 4 weeks. The yeast beast is back in full swing

While recovering from the flu, I began having serious cravings for sugar and yeast products (pastries!) and unfortunately I succumbed to them and made the situation worse - lots of "binge eating" sugary substances. UGH!

So here I am again, depressed, frustrated, angry, confused, anxious, and bloated and feeling miserable. My weight has gone up to 157. Skin infections in my armpits, under my breasts, and in my belly area. Recurrent vaginal yeast infections. It's all back.

Anyway, I'm looking for some easy to make meal plans that others have created so my meal planning and shopping can be easier. I used to follow a family meal plan that sent out weekly emails with a menu (just general family meal plans, not Canadida diet related) It was a great program and I'm really hoping someone has created something like this for a Candida diet. Or even an online site where people have posted their menus and I can copy or mix and match per week. We've been eating take-out almost every night for many months because my husband and I are both so busy with work. I really don't have the time to review recipes, plan meals, shop, and prepare meals, so I'm hoping I can cut some corners. (If something like this doesn't already exist then someone needs to create something - I'd be willing to pay for a candida meal plan service!)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-09, 11:49

Plan: Candida Diet?
Stats: 157/157/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Default To clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg7770
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a site where there are weekly (dinner) meal plans for Candida diets. Or even a place where users post their weekly menus where I could mix and match dinner ideas. I'm looking for easy to prepare dinner meal ideas that I could make for myself (Candida sufferer) with slight modifications for my family.

I guess I should clarify further - I have the lists of what not to eat and what is ok to eat. What I'm looking for is a collection of recipes for full meals using these foods, what to buy/ ingredient lists, how to prepare, etc. It would be great if they were broken down by days of the week. If not, just meal information/recipe, etc. for a full meal and I can copy and paste into my own daily planner.

My biggest problem with cooking is that I tend to prepare a lot of pasta dishes and when I cook meats and vegetables I tend to overload them with sugary sauces or cheeses. I really need to learn to use natural herbs to enhance flavor.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-09, 14:11

Plan: my own
Stats: 151.5/142.0/125 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:?
Progress: 36%

this is a great site:
http://www.wholeapproach.com/

there is a diet forum with recipes
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-09, 15:15

Plan: Atkins/M&E/IF?
Stats: 194/163.2/150 Female 69"
BF:37.2%/28.9%/21%
Progress: 70%

Would it be helpful if I made up a list of 5-7 meat dishes and 5-7 veggie dishes with recipes? Or do you have everything you need already? You can always add plain rice, noodles or potatoes for the rest of your family... Please let me know. (Don't want to go to the trouble if you already have what you need but happy to help if you don't! )