Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-08, 06:42

Plan: mine
Stats: 135/125/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Wink Help with drinking WHEY!!!!

Hey, I just registered on this site cause I saw some dialogue on drinking whey!! I have systemic candida and it has been a long struggle, plus I travel so eating is a nightmare. I am currently living in Germany till July then Korea so I will start all over on figuring out how to get my supliments and foods!! Anyway - -- I started using whey cause I was on such a strict diet that I thought I was going to become malnutritioned cause I still couldn't absorb anything!! The Whey seems to help however I was using the powder and mixed it to the directions and daily doses. I read somewhere the liquid was better so found some of that. How much liquid do I drink as compared to mixing up my powder. My powder I mix 2 tbls powder in 300ml water in shaker ---- shaker came with powder and I am pretty sure it is in ml- -- this is Germany! The liquid comes in 500g bottles so I poured some into my shaker --- to the 300ml line and started to drink it and almost drank all then it dawned on me --- THIS is the true stuff so probably don't need to drink that much at least nothing like my powder!! And it being in grams--- is totally different to my 300ml of water mix. I am freaked--- can someone help me!! How much of this liquid should I drink!! I can't find any REAL info on line!!

THANKS! Oh, my candida overview was a debilitating arthritis in my hips -- got that under control and can walk again (by fasting ---didn't know about candida) then it settled in my urinary tract which doctors were killing me with antibiotics so found out about candida and went to only fresh veggies, juicing, and occasional indian cooking along with all the suppliments probiotics etc. Anyone else with the urinary thing going on and painful lower area?? I almost have it all gone but it is still hanging on a bit!! Any suggestions on this or shared stories would be great---- I am out here on my own!!

Later!
Regards,
Denise
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-08, 04:42

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirib
Hey, I just registered on this site cause I saw some dialogue on drinking whey!! (...) Any suggestions on this or shared stories would be great---- I am out here on my own!!

Later!
Regards,
Denise

I can't help you with the whey, I'm afraid, but I have heard that coconut oil is a great help with systemic candida. You can get it in health food shops in Germany (Alnatura supermarkets, for example, or the "Reformhaus" shops). It's not cheap but a lot of people have had their candida clear up miraculously (just Google coconut oil). It's called "Kokosöl" in German.

Another product you can buy in Germany over the counter in your local pharmacy which will help with antibiotic-resistant bacteria is something called "Angocin". I had cystitis last year and after taking antibiotics for 10 days, it still hadn't cleared up. I checked out the internet and discovered "Angocin". I took it religiously (even setting my alarm clock not to miss a dose) and it cleared up the cystitis. This may also be something worth pursuing. It's herbal so with any luck it won't do you any harm. Certainly not more than antibiotics.

There's also a subforum on here for people with Candida. If you haven't checked that out already.

Hope this helps a bit. I thought I could give you a bit of help as I live in Germany, too (permanently, though!).

amanda
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-08, 03:35

Plan: mine
Stats: 135/125/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks!

Thanks for responding! Yep I read some on the candida section but wasn't sure how to post so just created the new thread and HOPED for the best! I appreciate you taking the time out to give me suggestions! I will check out the Angocin!!

If you see anything on how much Whey is good to drink let me know!! I have started drinking coconut milk and using coconut oil!! So we will see!

THANKS!

Oh where do you live in Germany???
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-08, 01:19

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirib
Thanks for responding! Yep I read some on the candida section but wasn't sure how to post so just created the new thread and HOPED for the best! I appreciate you taking the time out to give me suggestions! I will check out the Angocin!!

If you see anything on how much Whey is good to drink let me know!! I have started drinking coconut milk and using coconut oil!! So we will see!

THANKS!

Oh where do you live in Germany???

On replying to posts:
You can either click on the "quote" button and the entire post will appear in the box you type in, or below the post, you'll see "submit reply". If you click on that, a box will appear and you type your post in there. Or you can type in the "quick reply" option. Just try things out!

Let me know how your experiences with the coconut oil go!

And, btw, I live in the south-west of Germany, near Stuttgart in a small idyllic village not far from the Black Forest. I love it here!

Take care,

amanda