Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 18:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 172/170/140
BF:34/34/20
Progress: 6%
Smile Help!! Need Fast easy meals

Help!! I need fast easy meals. Im just starting and dont have all the time in the world to cook. anything under an one hour would be great.. Thanks Jewles
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 14:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/183/135
BF:n/a
Progress: 13%
Cool

Hi Jewles20 I'm the same way I just started Dr.Atkins and I'm always looking for quick and easy meal.
Here is one I found and tried last week. It was really good
Hot and spicy chicken
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1Tbs cheyenne pepper sauce (I just used cheyenne pepper)
1 egg
pork rinds crushed
Place chicken in Lg bowl sprinkle salt, garlic and hot sauce add 1 egg and mix well then roll into crushed pork rinds. Fry in hot oil or butter till chicken is no longer pink. Enjoy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 14:34
Registered Member

Stats: 190/183/135
BF:n/a
Progress: 13%
Cool

HI I got another recipe for you -should try. Really good.
Hot spicy turkey burgers
1 lb ground turkey
1/3 cup quick cooking oats (but I use a lot less then this) or use pork rind as filler
sauce:
1/2 ketchup (again I use a lot less- 1/2 of this I haven't found a sub. for ketchup)
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp worcertershire sauce
2 cloves garlic minced ( I use less)
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed chilies
1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
1/4 ground pepper.
In a small bowl mix all sauce ingregients together. Set aside. Combine turkey and oats in lg bowl. Add one half the sauce and mix thoroughly. Form mixture into patties. Grill on barbecue Baste with remaining sauce after burgers have been turned.
per serving: 186 calories 25 g protein, 6 g fat, 8 g carbohydrate (which it would be a little less because of the cutting back of the ketchup and oats)
You can add me to your buddy list so you can check with me later for more recipes. I always coming up with new one.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 14:41
Registered Member

Stats: 303/303/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi

Hi, I am feeding my whole family and trying to incorporate this way of eating for everyone. One thing I found helpful is on Sunday or whatever day you have off to cook some stuff and put it in the freezer. I have made egg mock muffins, boiled eggs, etc and we have eaten on them all week.

Look around in the recipe section, I have found a ton of things that are easy and quick to make.

Babybear
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 21:16
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 300/247/150
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default notaquiter. . .

say, your recipes sound great but they don't exactly sound easy.

Here's easy chicken: sprinkle louisiana hot sauce on chicken pieces and bake (I suppose any carb free hot sauce would work: this one is cheap)

You can scramble an egg and cook it in microwave: add cheese, herbs to liven it up.

Grill some meat. . .

Salads are quick and easy, aren't they?

tuna salad, chicken salad
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 08:01
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

curries, goulash, and oxtail soup are all really easy. They take a long time to make, but you can do it on a weekend or one week night and make them last all week... you just need a really big pot. If you buy the cheapest meat you usually get a good quality roast, so you can buy it in huge quantities.
For curries buy meat or chicken masala... fry some onion in coconut oil, add several cloves chopped garlic and some pureed ginger, add the cubed meat and a couple of spoonfuls of the masala, a few tbs of sour cream and cook. Add water and simmer for a few hours.
Goulash is even simpler: fry meat cubes with onion, add lots of paprika, some pepper, a couple tbs of tomatoe paste and some pepper flakes and a bay leaf for each person and then a few more. fry around, then add water and simmer for hours until you have a thick sauce. If the meat isn't falling apart yet simmer for longer.

There are so many variations on these

Take care,
Meg
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 00:31
Registered Member

Plan: generalized LC
Stats: 235/193/160
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default Brats & Cabbage

I buy store bought bratwurst, and grill it. I have an indoor electric grill which makes it pretty easy for me. I think the brats take about 20-30 minutes on a nice slow cook to get done in the middle.

One of my favorite sides with any sasuage is creamed cabbage. I never make it the same twice but here is a typical recipie.

Cut and boil cabbage in a large pot.
In a small pot melt butter add garlic, or garlic salt or pepper.
Add some whipping cream, and parmesean or swiss cheese.
Let it boil just a little while.
Drain the cabbage as well as you can. (let it sit in strainer)
Return cabbage to pot and douse with cream sauce.

I'll boil ham into the sauce sometimes too. Especially if I'm not having it with some type of sasuage.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 00:37
Registered Member

BF:
Default Tuna Salad

This may be more simplistic than you are looking for but I like tuna (ham, turkey, or chicken) salad.

I start with the usual - chopped meat, boiled egg, mayo, garlic salt and pepper. Then I like to add extra's depending on avalability. Hand crubled bacon leftover from breakfast, Pecans, or pickle relish.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 00:40
Registered Member

BF:
Default Oh, I forgot to say

You do of course throw the tuna on a romaine leaf or whatever you have available. I just bought my first bag-o-pork rinds. Gonna try dipping a few of those in it too.

I also love slices of sharp cheddar cheese along with salad lunches.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 19:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/177.5/165
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default meatloaf anybody?

Hmmm, pork rinds as filler...and interesting thought. I knew there must have been some kind of use for those nasty things. Maybe I can use that for a filler in a meatloaf. I was a vegatarian for a long time which didn't help keep the weight off at all. I haven't had meatloaf in about 9 years. Does anybody have a delicious, fast and easy recipe for a very low carb meatloaf they'd like to share? I'm just getting back to doing Adkins and I want to keep my carb intake very low at this point, getting just about all from my salad veggies.
Thanks