Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-10, 11:06

Plan: meats and cheese and eggs
Stats: 171/153.0/135.0 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up New member as of today!

I am 37 years old and this morning weighed in at 166.5 and I am looking to drop 30 pounds.

This is my first real attempt to the high protein and low carbs. Its day two and I am doing great! I didnt think I would I was really frustrated all weekend thinking about doing this, but its no where near as hard as I thought it would be!

I am also working out walking 30 to 40 minutes on the tread mill each night doing some sit ups and working with a Kettle Bell, I also take two breaks at work and with a co-worker we walk an average of a mile each break. I had lost 3.5 pounds this morning, and I am reading this is mainly water weight and I am perfectly fine with that but I worry once the water weight is gone will I continue to loose? My husband and 15 year old daughter is doing this too so that makes it so much easier... I am from TN so this isnt the easiest State to stay focused in! LOL

I hope to get motivation and words of encouragement on here!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-10, 11:14

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Hi Sherileah, I'm new today too, sounds like you've got a great team going, with such wind in your sails you probably WILL drop enough pounds at the beginning to keep your motivation up! Then, when you don't lose so fast, the fact that you are all feeling better and having great time together will kick in to keep you motivated, I see great things ahead for you!!! Best of luck!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-10, 12:05

BF:

Thanks Mama Sebo... Maybe we can chat back and forth and let each other know our progress and help with the motivation!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 11:20

I'd love too -- I was thinking about looking for buddies, would love to start out with you. I live with my family in Austria, running a farm. I'm in the process of looking for work, after being more or less out of the work place for 5 years -- I have interviews coming up over the next few weeks, and I findthat the stress of worrying about being fat and not getting hired is pushing me off my plan. Anyway, thats where I am today, i didn't binge, but I ate too much of a good thing so to speak. You know, its not like you're fasting, I wonder if you'll find that the pounds you have lost are really water weight...really low carb does work fast ! And since your combining lots of great exercising with healthy eating...well, you'll drop weight fast. I wish i could get back on track -- By for now,
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-10, 09:04

Sherileah, are you still there? Haven't seen a post from you in a while, hope everything is OK...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-10, 06:18

BF:

Hey Mama Sebo!!! Yes I am here. Actually I just remembered my password this morning! LOL Well I have still been following the high protein low carbs and having my carb up days on Friday night and Saturday but the weight just isnt moving. I walked 11 miles total last week and nothing.... Do you have any suggestions?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-10, 11:35

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 210/195/145 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Do you think you could just be gaining a little bit of muscle weight? are you measuring yoursef? Maybe that would help.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-10, 10:10

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherileah1
Hey Mama Sebo!!! Yes I am here. Actually I just remembered my password this morning! LOL Well I have still been following the high protein low carbs and having my carb up days on Friday night and Saturday but the weight just isnt moving. I walked 11 miles total last week and nothing.... Do you have any suggestions?

Welcome to the boards...Sometimes cheese stalls people and that might be a staller for you....and also on your carb up days, you may want next weekend to lower how high you go on your carbs and see if that helps some...just a thought..welcome and good luck....
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-10, 06:03

BF:

JessieM23 no I dont think its muscle gain. All I am doing is walking everyday consistantly. I do the kettle bells sometimes but not all the time.

Ljsmom - Thanks for the advice and thats exactly what I had planned to do is if I do carbs at all it will not be much, and thanks for the tip about cheese I will watch that. I am down to 161.5 this morning so feeling so much better about it.

Everytime we go to the grocery store my daughter gets so upset and frustrated and talks about not doing this anymore but by the time we leave she decides to keep going. Seeing all the chips and candy and stuff really tears her up. Any dessert items that are low to no carbs you all can think of that a 15yr old would like? She doesnt like Choc. there is this dessert she likes with crossants and creamcheese and cinn and powdersugar and vanilla. Any ideas on how to make that low carb? lol
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-10, 11:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Welcome-I sure wish I knew of a dessert that your daughter would like. As you get further into atkins, different levels, there are fruits that are acceptable. The forum has a lot of recipes of thing that you can make for desserts etc.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-10, 12:07

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Hi Sheri! and welcome!

I'm glad things have started to move along for you again. So you are only doing meats, cheeses and eggs? Is your daughter doing it this way too?

Here is a link to recipe that Candiflip posted a few weeks ago. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it looks divine! And it might just be right up your daughter's alley. The "Oopsie" rolls are made primarily with eggs and cheese. Here is a picture from the gallery which also contains a link to the recipe.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...p?i=33893&c=504

Good luck!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-10, 12:30

BF:

Hi Pink,

I have been doing meats and eggs and cheese
I have been making my own chicken salad and egg salad and we make some type of meat for dinner and most of the time I will do a salad or squash or zuc with that. If I get a sweet tooth I have sugar free jello but try not to eat that every day. Yes my daughter is doing the same but is getting burnt out much faster than we are especially when we go to the store. I have told her she doesnt have to do this and it was her choice to start and she calms back down and continues on her own. I am going to try the cinnabon oopsies rolls people reccommended this morning and try pizza on the oopsie rolls and breakfast sandwiches on them and like a turkey sandwich on them. I think that will help both of us ALOT!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-10, 13:16

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

If you are missing french toast,,,,you also can dip the oopsie in egg and heavy whipping cream and fry the oopsie in butter and top it with more butter and cinnamon and have french toast,,,
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-10, 13:34

BF:

LJSMOM thanks for that tip! With all these new ideas I think we will all do so much better in the long run......
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 06:42

BF:

SOOOO Happy to report a 2 pound loss this morning. Down to 159.5 and we tried the Oopsie's last night and liked them!!! We made pizza with them! YUMMMMM.... I also made cheese cake muffins and those were really yummy too! Thanks for every ones support and advice! Its really paying off!