Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 23:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/252/140 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Thanks Annie and Lisa!

I'm a little slow replying, but definitely appreciate the support. I'll surely get in a rut at some point and will need all the help I can get. So far so good though - averaging 2 lbs. a week. I look forward to reading more posts, but may wait 'til it's a bit cooler to post much. Our central air is on the fritz, probably for the rest of the summer and this room is really warm. If I can find my profile again, I'll suck it up and add my weights. G'night and thanks again! Nan
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 02:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/190/165 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi there! Welcome to the forum-- I have had a tough time this summer and so am kind of "starting over". Looking forward to hearing from you as we encourage each other! -Michelle
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 07:45
Registered Member

Stats: 251/232.5/136 Female 5'6"
BF:44.2%/ ?% /20%
Progress: 16%

Thanks so much for al the kind welcoming messages.Hi Nan,I'm glad to meet a person starting...again...like I am. I hope to hear from you more.It seems fall has started on the prairies. There was fog in the air when I went for my walk. I still can't figure out how to stick a counter onto my messages,etc.If anyone has specific,simple instructions I can follow I'd apreciate it. I'm new to the forum thing.
Cherylee
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 08:55

Stats: 271/252/140 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Cherylee and Michelle,
Michelle, I've also started over on many a diet, but I feel this HAS to be it for me this time. Nothing like a little diabetes to nudge you along, and I truly don't want to start taking pills for it or end up on insulin. So, seeing my blood sugar readings stabilize, as they have over the past 7 weeks is encouraging. Still, I know I'll need lots of help over the months to come to keep on keepin' on, so yes, I hope we can motivate each other.

Cherylee, I'm jealous of your fall weather! It was 99 here yesterday and we're in the middle of a terrible drought. A front finally came through last night, so it'll be a bit better today.

Well, I need to go for now, but my best to everyone! Nan
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 10:45

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 346/218/150 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 65%
Smile Hi there

Hi there. My Name is Tonya. Welcome to the club. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. If I can help stop by my journal. Have a low carb day.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 17:27
Registered Member

Stats: 251/232.5/136 Female 5'6"
BF:44.2%/ ?% /20%
Progress: 16%
Default Back in the saddle and ready for change.

After posting this thread initialy I sort of fell on my face carb wise. I've since joined a Curves club and started low carb again on the 20th of March. My first weigh in at Curves almost knocked me over. I was 251 pounds, not the 236 I had last weighed at! I've stuck to my WOE without cheats but know If I have a bad meal it won't knock me out like it used to. When I would slip up before I'd get so discouraged because I wanted fast results. I know I have to live this way, maybe modified once at goal, for the rest of my life and don't see it as all or nothing anymore. Sorry to all those wonderful ladies that were so supportive from the get go. I hope you are all keeping with this WOL and enjoying the health as well as dropping numbers that come with it. I am exactly 100 pounds from goal. I will not quit!
Cherylee