Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 14:45

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Yes, I used to take them to processor. At $4 each. I asked someone to show me how, to save those few dollars. AND get everything back.

Boys like to remove the breast meat and freeze until time to make jerky. WITHOUT SUGAR. They love it!!!

I learned how to can the meat. And the meat on the bone.

Made me appreciate my food more. ANd understand why many tribal p eople give prayers over their kill.... a thank you for food. I send prayers too at butchering, for each one.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 15:16

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

DH said the processor had a hanging steel cone (large at top and small at bottom)that you would insert bird head first into, with the neck coming out at the bottom smaller hole end. Fast he said. He actually went there twice since we did the chickens in two batches at 25 total.

How do you can the meat?
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 15:37

BF:

Canning required following specific list of instructions, like from Ball, to sterilize everything , fill properly, and process a specific amount of time at a specific pressure.

I dont use a cone. But I could. Kids are quick and accurate with an ax for the long necked ducks. Plucking is a bear--- adult birds hold on to feathers harder than a young bird. Our hands really hurt after 10 birds. Only hand plucking , no machine.
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 20:10

BF:

Fight Breast Cancer with Flax and Chia seeds

https://www.drfuhrman.com/library/e...-and-chia-seeds

Quote:

Lignans in Flax and Chia Seeds Lower the Risk of Breast Cancer
The old adage “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” best describes what our focus should be regarding breast cancer, which is the most common form of cancer that affects women, and is the second leading cause of death for women after heart disease. While a great deal of money and attention is focused on breast cancer awareness, it would make more sense to concentrate on preventing the disease from occurring in the first place.

There are nutritional strategies that are safe, easily implemented and have been proven effective in reducing the risk of breast cancer.

A Great Breast Cancer Fighter: Lignans in ~a High-Nutrient Diet
Among the most powerful anti-cancer foods are flax and chia seeds, which are a rich source of lignans. Lignans have anti-estrogenic effects that inhibit cell growth in breast tumors.

Let’s take an in-depth look at lignans and why they are so effective in combating breast cancer:

Plant lignans are one of the four classes of phytoestrogens (isoflavones, lignans, stilbenes, coumestans). Phytoestrogens are a group of chemicals found in plants that can act like the hormone estrogen. In particular, lignans are structurally similar to the main mammalian estrogen, estradiol.1 Plant lignans are modified by bacteria in the human digestive tract into enteroligans.

Anti-cancer Effects of Lignans
Enterolignans are structurally similar to estrogen and can bind to estrogen receptors. This capability allows lignans to either have weak estrogenic activity or block the actions of estrogen in the body. For this reason, plant lignans are classified as phytoestrogens, and there has been much interest in the potential contribution of lignan-rich foods to reduced risk of hormone-related cancers.2,6

It is important to recognize the role of healthy bacteria in this process, because antibiotics can destroy beneficial bacteria in the gut, resulting in long-term reduction in enteroligans.2 Eating commercial meats expose us to antibiotics, as does the overuse and inappropriate prescribing of these drugs by physicians.

Best Sources of Plant Lignans
Flaxseeds are the richest source of plant lignans, having about three times the lignan content of chia seeds, and eight times the lignan content of sesame seeds. It is important to note that flaxseed oil does not contain lignans, because they bind to the fiber. The other plant foods on the list have about one-tenth or less the amount of lignans as sesame seeds per serving.2-3

Flaxseeds (85.5 mg/ounce)
Chia seeds (32 mg/ounce)4
Sesame seeds (11.2 mg/ounce)5
Kale (curly; 1.6 mg/cup)
Broccoli (1.2 mg/cup)
Enterolignans inhibits aromatase7 and estradiol production in general, lowering serum estrogen levels.8 Plant lignans also increase concentration of sex hormone binding globulin, which blunts the effects of estrogens.9-11 These benefits were documented when 48 postmenopausal women consumed 7.5 g/day of ground flax seeds for 6 weeks, then 15 g for 6 weeks — and significant decreases in estradiol, estrone, and testosterone were noted, with a bigger decrease in overweight and obese women.12

In a mouse model, a flaxseed diet (5%, 10%) shows dose-dependent inhibition of breast tumor growth.13 Human trials also confirmed similar beneficial effects. A double-blinded, randomized controlled trial of dietary flaxseed demonstrated dramatic protection.

Women ate either a control muffin with no flax seeds imbedded, or a 25g flax-containing muffin, starting at time of diagnosis of breast cancer for just 32-39 days until surgery. Tumor tissue analyzed at diagnosis and then at the time of surgery demonstrated surprising benefits even in this short time frame. There was a significant apoptosis (tumor cell death) and reduced cell proliferation in the flaxseed group in just the one month.14

Likewise, women eating more flaxseeds with a documented higher serum enterolactone were found to have a 42% reduced risk of death from postmenopausal breast cancer and a dramatic 40% reduction in all causes of death.15-16

Flaxseeds are clearly super foods; even with a mediocre diet they offer powerful protection against breast cancer. Another interesting study on flax followed women for up to 10 years and found a 51% reduced risk of all-cause mortality, and a 71% reduced risk of breast cancer mortality. In addition, intake of dried beans was associated with a 39% reduced risk of all-cause mortality.17Endometrial and ovarian cancer have not been as extensively studied, but the few studies that have been conducted suggest a protective effect.2,18

Bottom line: don’t forget to take your ground flax seeds (or chia seeds) every day. When used in conjunction with dietary exposure to greens, onions, mushrooms and beans, dramatic reductions in the risk of breast cancer are possible. We have begun the Nutritarian Women’s Health Study to prove we can wipe out breast cancer learn more.

References

Joel Fuhrman, M.D. is a board-certified family physician, six-time New York Times bestselling author and internationally recognized expert on nutrition and natural healing, who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional methods. Dr. Fuhrman coined the term “Nutritarian” to describe his longevity-promoting, nutrient dense, plant-rich eating style.

For over 25 years, Dr. Fuhrman has shown that it is possible to achieve sustainable weight loss and reverse heart disease, diabetes and many other illnesses using smart nutrition. In his medical practice, and through his books and PBS television specials, he continues to bring this life-saving message to hundreds of thousands of people around the world.

#65   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 21:03

BF:

This is Chris beat cancer---a new video, published yesterday. I have enjoyed his interviews, a young man who survived cancer and now interviews others who follow non-traditional cancer treatments.

This particular video is a GREAT layman explanation of how cancer gets going, and what everyone of can do to mitigate the explosion of cancer cells.

Part one-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QudBXg0uYyE
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 21:41

BF:

Mercuy---increasing exposures in the last few years.....includes a LONG list of unusual ones like dyes and vaccines, as well as the usual sucpects of large fatty fish and coal burning and dental filling.

Tissue levels are not the same as blood levels.

Offers suggestions to reduce exposure....and how to have amalgums removed safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOhcUvHOTVk
I recently asked my son's pediatrition about the toicity of vaccines and he assure me this was over blown issue...... and yet I am allergic to thimersol, a mercury based chemical used as a preservative. THis is the ONLY drug I am allergic to.

Dis regaurd the titile as it is mis labeled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4q5l6UliTA

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Tue, Aug-14-18 at 21:47.
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 22:00

BF:

how to clear mercury from your system

avoid all fish 3 mo instead use fish lentils, vegies instead

mo tylenol, or alcohol and support the liver, optimize liver function
garlic binds mervury, raw is best
cilantro w/ vit A, vit A and cilantro also discussed separately
brazil nuts becuse selenium
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds zinc, and magnesium and cysteine
ground flax seeds to move it out the bowles==detox and good bowel movements.
lots of watr

amalgums a problem

many many symptoms

3 months to get the mercury out of the system , ( however other doctor said it could be nearly a year of work to get it out.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4q5l6UliTA
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 22:04

BF:

Still watching #1
It's a very active video with multiple comments even within the hour.
I want to get the part about eating healthy but if you've watched more videos, what is his method of eating?
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 22:25

BF:

Liver support foods :

cabbage, lemon juice, garlic, beets, artichokes, avocados, bitter greens,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl1j09hH2do

This woman said to be nutrtionist and pharmacist.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 22:36

BF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlPHwmYUpHM

wow. get a notebook for this one.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Wed, Aug-15-18 at 09:19.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 22:40

BF:

Ok...………...
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 22:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlPHwmYUpHM

wow. get a notebook for this one.

Good One
Learned a lot from this one!
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 23:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Liver support foods :

cabbage, lemon juice, garlic, beets, artichokes, avocados, bitter greens,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl1j09hH2do

This woman said to be nutrtionist and pharmacist.

But, she's a Vegan

It did make me want some Artichokes though!
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 09:22

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
But, she's a Vegan

It did make me want some Artichokes though!

I already eat all these vegies. Have missed having the artichoke hearts. Love them marinated in Italian dressing.

We will need to find another source for comments on the meats of the world.... but I suspect I few will NOT be on the list: processed meats, bacon, hot dogs and any thing with nitrates.
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 10:48

BF:

I love marinated Artichoke hearts. Great to have a couple of jars for sides or appetizers.
Have you ever had whole Artichoke, they're so good!