Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Soups Sauces & Appetizers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-11, 19:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/190/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Bacon Jalapeno Cream Cheese Balls

Saw these made on a cooking show the other day, just substituted crushed pork rinds for the panko bread crumbs, and artificial sweetener in the sauce. Great for an appetizer!

Ingredients
6 jalapenos
˝ cup cream cheese, whipped
5 eggs
1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
1 tablespoon BBQ spice rub (your favorite low carb version)
2 pounds ground beef
8 pieces of bacon
Raspberry Dipping Sauce

Directions
•Cut the jalapenos into ˝ inch rings. Remove the seeds, and stuff them with cream cheese.
•In a mixer, add eggs, crushed pork rinds, spice rub, and ground beef, and mix.
•Portion the balls into 2 ounce balls, or so they fit in the palm of your hand, then cut the raw bacon strips in half making 16 pieces.
•Flatten the meat, and add one jalapeno ring in the center. Roll into balls around the jalapeno, then using a half strip of bacon, roll that around ball.
•Place in a large baking dish and roast in the oven at 250 degrees for and hour and a half to two hours. Makes approximately 16 balls.

Raspberry Dipping Sauce

2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons AS (which ever heat stable sweetener you prefer)
4 ounces fresh raspberries
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced

Make the raspberry dipping sauce by bringing the vinegar, sweetener, and raspberries to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the raspberries have lost their form and turned into a sauce. Scrape the raspberry mixture into a fine mesh strainer, and allow any excess liquid to drip away. Discard the liquid, and place the pulp into a small bowl. Stir in the minced jalapeno peppers to complete the dipping sauce.

Per ball:

Calories--161
Fat--10
Protein--16
Carbs--1

Raspberry Sauce--10 grams for whole recipe

Last edited by mabdab01 : Sat, Jul-16-11 at 19:53. Reason: Add nutritional information
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 14:25
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Oh, my, another winner here. I'm not sure those would even need a dipping sauce. They sound great all by themselves!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 15:22

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

That sounds like a lot of work. I just chop up bacon, stir it into cream cheese, and add mozzarella if I'm low on cream cheese.

I cut jalapenos in half lengthwise, clean them out and then fill w/cream cheese mixture. Dip the tops in crushed pork rind. Bake. The longer you bake them, the more mellow the jalapeno becomes. Super yum, and really easy.

Before I was lowcarb, I posted the recipe here: http://tenthingsfarm.blogspot.com/2...no-poppers.html if you want photos to show the steps. Just substitute the pork rind crumb for breadcrumb.

Love the idea of the raspberry sauce. I may have to try something similar soon!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 16:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/190/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Oooh.... That recipe sounds kind of like a LC jalapeno popper with bacon. Mmmm. I will have to try that one too.