Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 05:37

Plan: mixture
Stats: 201/201/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Arrow Low carb veg - is this possible?

I'm starting the low-carb way today but as I don't eat meat or fish I'm not sure how easy this is going to be, but if another person asks me when the baby is due I think I shall start screaming and never stop!
Hopefully reading the messages posted here will keep me going and I may even learn to love tofu.......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 06:28
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

There are a lot of people who do LC vegetarian style. Check out the Vegetarian Forum for help and suggestions. Some of them have done really well.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:59
Grrl

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Welcome Bel! I'm new to LC'ing too, but there are lots of knowledgeable LC Vegheads on this board who low-carbing is a way of life to. I'm sure you can find lots of answers milling about. welcome!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 15:15

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Bel!

Low carbers can also be vegetarian for sure! I did have some trouble the first two weeks figuring out what to eat but now I've got the hang of it. If you want any meal ideas I have a ton of recipes and meals recorded in my journal you are welcome to look at.

As for the tofu, I don't eat it that much I admit but a good way of preparing it that was suggested by Karen (forum founder) that is tasty is to cut some tofu up into little squares and then put it in a container with cheese sauce and shredded cheese, heat in microwave or oven and it actually is reminiscent of mac and cheese believe it or not!

Good luck with your low carbing journey!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-04, 20:44

Plan: researching
Stats: 240/240/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm just getting started and would love to see your journal for meal ideas, if you're still willing to share it. How can I look at that?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-14-04, 23:43

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

Click on where it says journal at the bottom of her post. It will take you to her Journal and you can read about her whole low carb journey as a vegetarian. Etoles is great and very helpful with ideas and some good recipies. good luck.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 11:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (vegetarian)
Stats: 224/176/140 Female 64.5 inch
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi Bel,

I don't eat meat or fish either and I find this plan really easy, I eat alot of Quorn the plain sort without the coating I put spices on it, it has some carbs in it but I count them, and I'm losing ok, I don't think they have it in usa as I've never seen it when I've been there but you never know, my plan is very plan and simple but it's working so I don't mind, I haven't done a journal yet but if you need any help from me just let me know, I could post a days menu for you if you think it would help.

good luck

wjd x
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 15:57

Plan: Atkins,Vegatarian,myself
Stats: 204.6/187/167.2 Female 178cm
BF:More than I want
Progress: 47%

Hi to all you vegetarian low carbers,
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I am new to this (1 week into it) and am looking for as much help and as many tips as i can get (pretty cheeky hey) .I would love to know what everyone eats for their three meals a day and if you snack what do you have.
I eat eggs for breakfast scrambled or as omelet and a couple of slices of soy "bacon".I cook in butter and mix the eggs with cream.
For lunch i have baby spinach leaves with any of the allowable salad foods and either moyonaise or french dressing and i add cheese or boiled egg.
My dinner has been a variety of the allowable veggies and at times i cook in cream or top with cheese. I sometimes have a soy 'meat' product too.
I have about 8-12 glasses of water and three coffees with cream. My snacks are low joule jello mouse (from this website) or a piece of cheese (any other ideas what to snack on) . I was having almonds and walnuts but have found out not to in the first two weeks.
Well i reckon that's enough of my questions. I hope it's ok for me to come into your conversations.
I'm excited at the thought of losing my weight.
VegoMum

Last edited by VegoMum : Mon, Aug-16-04 at 16:02.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 22:30

Plan: LC Vegetarian
Stats: 260/254.5/160 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%?
Progress: 6%
Smile Quorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjd
Hi Bel,

I don't eat meat or fish either and I find this plan really easy, I eat alot of Quorn the plain sort without the coating I put spices on it, it has some carbs in it but I count them, and I'm losing ok, I don't think they have it in usa as I've never seen it when I've been there but you never know, my plan is very plan and simple but it's working so I don't mind, I haven't done a journal yet but if you need any help from me just let me know, I could post a days menu for you if you think it would help.

good luck

wjd x

Wjd,
we are able to find Quorn in the U.S at Wild Oats natural foods markets. I really like it and always wait for it to go on sale since it can be a little pricey along with other fake meats.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 13:15

Plan: UD2
Stats: 195/180/175 Male 68 inches
BF:15%/8%/7.0%
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel
I'm starting the low-carb way today but as I don't eat meat or fish I'm not sure how easy this is going to be, but if another person asks me when the baby is due I think I shall start screaming and never stop!
Hopefully reading the messages posted here will keep me going and I may even learn to love tofu.......

Hi Bel. You can do a vegetarian CKD. I had great results.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 14:17

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

schwarzbein has a veg cookbook

i just read thru thin for good, and there's a veg low carb diet described in that book as well.

i'm sure that there are probably other books as well. as much as i love these boards for inspiration and ideas, i think it's vitally important to start with one of the low-carb manuals so that you understand the theory behind the food.