Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 09:48

Plan: cut out carbs
Stats: 299.2/205.5/168 Female 173cm
BF:41%
Progress: 71%
Default My Weight Loss Has Stopped

iv been doin the same exercise in the gym as i was a month ago and iv kept the same food intake, yet the past 2weeks my weight hasnt gone down one bit and hav previously lost 22pounds in the past 4months, why has it come to a standstill?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 15:32

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

your body is getting used to the exercises you are doing, switch them up a little and you will start loosing weight again, also make sure you always drink enough water. Variety is the key to food, also.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 15:34

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Switch up the foods. Maybe something is stalling you, who knows. It could be a factor. Sometimes it is the food, or the amount of carbs, maybe it needs to be more or less.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 12:44
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I went five months stalled on weight loss but still was losing inches.... you need to be looking at not only the scale weight but also your measurements.

And use the suggestions from above... switch up your exercise routine and drink that water!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 18:49

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnikx
why has it come to a standstill?

Metabolic adaptation. You need to increase your activity and/or drop your calories more.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 08:06
Ohmahgawd! Really??

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/306.5/300 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nets33
I went five months stalled on weight loss but still was losing inches.... you need to be looking at not only the scale weight but also your measurements.

And use the suggestions from above... switch up your exercise routine and drink that water!

I agree with nets, your body will tell all!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 09:56

yeh but i dont get why it has stalled when what i was eatin and drinkin and exercisin b4 was makin me lose weight and i havent change that so i dont get why it has stopped. it wud make sense if i sudenly started eatin more or doin less exercise but thats not the case so i dont think it is any of that and i cant increase any exercise cz im already pushin it to much for wat i think im capable of doin
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 12:08

Plan: LowCarb
Stats: 201/197/175 Female 65
BF:Going/A/Way
Progress: 15%

I do not think you need to "push it" that hard. Try doing a routine that changes every day. Walk one day (I own an Elliptical and walking works totally different muscles), do yoga or pilates another, then do a mild aerobic workout, lift weights every now and then. I think 2-3 non-consecutive days is what is advised.

The key is to change everything up so that your body is never sure of what you are going to throw at it. Do not do the same exercise or exercises every workout.

I also have trouble losing when I drink sodas. If I concentrate on plain water the lbs begin to move again.

Hope this helps...you are doing great, BTW!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 16:44

Quote:
yeh but i dont get why it has stalled when what i was eatin and drinkin and exercisin b4 was makin me lose weight and i havent change that so i dont get why it has stopped.

As your bodyweight went down, so did your calorie requirements. The calorie defecit you created from your diet and your exercise evenutally became your new calorie maintenance level.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 16:54

so if im now maintainin wat i am now how can i start it up again?

Last edited by xnikx : Mon, Jul-18-05 at 09:35.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 06:41

Plan: LowCarb
Stats: 201/197/175 Female 65
BF:Going/A/Way
Progress: 15%

I wanted to jump start my weight loss so I went back and reread Atkins. Then started the plan over as if I knew nothing about it. Creepy of calories and carbs can kill us. I was rewarded with 2 lbs gone overnight. Try rereading the plan you are on and start over as if a newbie. You may find some things in there that you forgot about. Plus just try to change up that workout...it will work believe me...if you can say that your workout is easier now than when you started it...you are prob used to that and need a change!

You have done so well, hang in there!

Summer
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 09:33

Quote:
so if im not maintainin wat i am now how can i start it up again?

Drop your calories some and/or increase the amount of calories you're burning daily.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 09:37

i am not on any plan, never hav been, just started goin to the gym twice a week and tryin to limit the amount of refined carbs and this has worked for me the past 4months with over a 22 pound weight loss so i dont quite get why it has slowed down
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-18-05, 15:13

In response to the 22 lb weight loss, you're resting metabolic rate lowered respectively. This is normal. The calories you consume each day from fats, proteins and non refined carbs total a number that is to high for your RMR and your two day a week exercise to burn off. Increase your two-day a week exercise routine and/or decrease the number of calories you are eating.

What your body is doing is predictable and normal. Be glad that your body appears to be working, as it should.

Ultimate Diet Secrets by Dr. Greg Ellis gives a very detailed explanation of how the body works in regards to controlling bodyweight.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 11:36

that msg is way to technical for me wat is RMR? i cant go to the gym any more then twice a week cz i am on a program wich means im only aloud to go when they tel me to cz they hav to be present incase i hav a accident or wat ever as it was a gp referal