Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-13, 20:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I hear all of you and I've felt the same way! Today I feel a bit lighter, my pot is shrinking and my husband was happy to hear I had lost 9 pounds.

There have been two things that have amazed me about this time on this WOE. First, I haven't been super-hungry. I'm someone who has ALWAYS been hungry between meals, since I was a child. I've always described myself as someone with a "very healthy appetite". Second, I am satisfied with a smaller meal now ...

Today, for example, I didn't eat until around 3 pm, when I made scrambled eggs and fried sausages for me and my husband. Around 9:30 pm I wanted more so I picked some lettuce and cherry tomatoes (lucky me) and had them with creamy dressing, roast chicken and toasted walnuts. Absolutely delicious and satisfying. I'm just feeling so goldarn good, I wanted to say so. :-)
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-13, 07:51

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
Christina,

you and me both. I was a 36 D in high school. Wore my first bra in 3 grade. Started my period in 3rd Grade.

Always having to wear the athletic bras because the pretty bras just wouldn't do for atheltics that I was in...

But today I have worn a pretty bra for the first time ever. And it held up my boobs well enough with no under wire. And it doesn't hurt my shoulders

I wouldn't go running with it but nice to wear something more feminine

A pretty bra that offered support is something to celebrate!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-13, 16:11
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Congrats on the early success Carox. I am so glad to hear you are not hungry. Makes a big difference for people if they are not battling that urge.

Keep it up, and it will be gone before you know it!
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-13, 11:57
Triple digit loss

BF:

This is weird. But probably just from eating differently but my hair is shinier and my nails are getting whicked strong.

I get a lot of people commenting on how beautiful my hair is now...

Not using any different shampoo, so it just must be the foods affect
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-13, 11:57
Triple digit loss

BF:

I can get in and out of my car and drive with the steering wheel extended outward all the way Whoo Hoo
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-13, 16:38
Triple digit loss

BF:

Actually Change in my perception.

When I was younger with just a few extra pounds(5-10), my perception was completely whacked. It got this way from listening to external influences, my parents, friends, siblings.

I felt back then(175-185) as fat as I felt at my highest point. I don't think I have ever known what it is like to like my body or to be proud of my body or feel slender (even when I was slender and athletically ripped in some of my muscles).

I have always felt fat. And thus be ashamed and don't show the fattage when wearing clothes.

A coworker yesterday commented on how good I looked. I almost was hestitant to wear the shirt I did, cause I thought it was a little bit snuggy. And she said, "this is the first time I can actually see your weight loss and wow". She said the typical clothes I wear to work drapes/hides and it is difficult to see it.

This opened my eyes, to me in a constant mode of hiding my fat, being ashamed of my fat.

So today I took a polo shirt that was a 22/24 in size and wore it to work. I was thinking I should wait a few more pounds for it to be looser.

i didn't. I wore it it looked good and I felt good. And I thanked my co-worker. She loved the shirt on me and said it was the perfect size.

The weight loss has now giving me the gift of showing off my body regardless the weight.

I am going through my closet and saying seriously I wore this it looks so blocky, and bulky what was I thinking?

I can't wait for the day I can tuck in my shirt and not look like a guy that has a belly over hanging.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-13, 16:39
Triple digit loss

BF:

Okay, another thing I love my two bellys are becoming one!

Yep, I have that separation in the middle were the pants go. So the flab use to hang over the top while bluging at the bottom.

And now my belly is becoming less the over hang is getting smaller and my two bellys are becoming one!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-13, 10:14

Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Everyone's stories are so inspiring! thank you!
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-13, 13:05

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

I love being able to keep up with my one year old and not be too tired to play.
I was at my heaviest with my older kids and 20.13 and 9 now. I feel sad that I was too tired to do all the things I do with my little guy now.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-13, 13:54
Triple digit loss

BF:

Hey kay, wow that must be so rewarding to be able to keep up with your little one now. To be able to enjoy that time instead of feeling tired all the time!

Your results are amazing
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-13, 06:49
Triple digit loss

BF:

Going to the Dr. Getting my blood pressure taken with out my hand turning purple and hurting cause the cuff doesn't fit properly.

Whoo Hoo...

Oh and the nurse does a double take on the scale. Did that read 270? I say say "yes". Wow you lost a lot of weight. I look at her and smile and say "yes".
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-13, 06:50
Triple digit loss

BF:

Having enough room in the shower now that yo don't hit and stick to the shower curtain when turning around...
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-13, 12:49
Triple digit loss

BF:
Smile

Being able to put my hands on the side of my body and actually feeling my stomach and hip muscles with out having to indent and feel through a whole bunch of fat.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-13, 18:32
Triple digit loss

BF:

Another one which I just did. I finally can be kneeling on the floor with out it killing my knees due to the excess weight...
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-13, 15:52

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Sliding easily into an old pair of size 12's today! I just started wearing my 14's a couple of weeks ago and they are starting to slide off a bit after wearing them a couple of hours. lol