Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-05-18, 09:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/338/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default A positive Keto diet story

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 05:39

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
"Those are not options for me," Pullen said. "I love my children, I love my husband more than I love bread."

A nice change from "I can't live without bread!"
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 07:13

BF:

#4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 07:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Scott,
Are you in the Triangle? Come to Dr Westman's Support Group Meeting tonight at the Durham Hilton. Open to all not just patients. Kristie Sullivan will be there.

Quote:
"Bread or energy? Sugar or a lifetime of medication? It's an easy choice," Sullivan said.

Ps. Part two was actually more positive than it seems. The three anchors discussed it after the filmed segment ended in glowing terms, healthy fats keep you full to avoid going back to bad carbs, good food, etc. ...slid right over the ignorant comments from the RD.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Feb-06-18 at 12:11.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 12:51

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
"Those are not options for me," Pullen said. "I love my children, I love my husband more than I love bread."

I'm surprised that it took me so long to figure this out. 25 years ago I was able to quit smoking because I did it for my kids. A couple weeks ago I started "offering up" (it's a Catholic thing ) my mild evening hunger for the welfare of my now-adult children. It has made it so much easier than doing it just for myself. When my "self" calls the shots - it wants to eat.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 12:59

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Ps. Part two was actually more positive than it seems. The three anchors discussed it after the filmed segment ended in glowing terms, healthy fats keep you full to avoid going back to bad carbs, good food, etc. ...slid right over the ignorant comments from the RD.

Thank goodness they did! I'm so grateful the nurse practitioner I see understands low carb. The only thing she questioned a year or 2 ago was my high protein. Turned out she was right. I cut the protein to a better level & my bg went down. I hadn't quite been understanding that Dr. B's diet is lchf with moderate protein.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 13:04

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
things like chocolate cake and blueberry muffins, made with no-calorie sweeteners and almond or coconut flour and sausage balls.

I find this sentence a little weird. I'm sure keto chocolate sausage ball cake would taste pretty good, but I'm not sure the world is ready for it.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 13:16

Hey, the young guy started and still is the Traffic Reporter. He's doing well with feature stories...the anchor is retiring in June so moving him into more complex sentence structure.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-18, 14:03

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thanks, Scott. This is a good story, and hopefully, it will get the attention of others. Too bad the station had to bring in the "registered" dietician who proceeded to make claims that she cannot back up with facts. If it's different enough, the registered will come out of the woodwork to spout inanities that are based on training embracing a SAD, low fat, low calorie, move more approach that has wreaked health havoc over the past 40 years.

Ability to sustain? No problem with many. Long term health issues for a keto approach? Couldn't be as bad as the recommended SAD approach.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 07:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Scott,
Are you in the Triangle? Come to Dr Westman's Support Group Meeting tonight at the Durham Hilton. Open to all not just patients. Kristie Sullivan will be there.

I used to live in Central North Carolina but reside in West Virginia now. My daughter and grandson live there however.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 11:04

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Are there any negative ketogenic diet stories? I cannot think of any.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-18, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050
I used to live in Central North Carolina but reside in West Virginia now. My daughter and grandson live there however.

If you are visiting it is the first Tuesday of every month. You can also watch previous meetings at HealClinic. https://www.facebook.com/HEALclinic..._location=group