Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-18, 17:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Climbing the ladder as OWL or Pre-Maintenance

I’m not sure if this should be in pre-maintenance as I have 15 lbs to go, and it’s really an Atkins-specific discussion.

I’ve lost 25lbs over 22 months...lots of times where I’ve been “maintaining” ... times I’ve experimented with the different rungs of the ladder and increments of increased carbs... but not in a focussed a way to gain specific knowledge the way Dr A describes in DANDR (2002). But I am curious because I have noticed: cherries don’t make me gain, nor crave. Strawberries...pretty crave-y. Pork streaks, I almost always lose.

Any Atkins-ers near goal, at goal or successfully in OWL and still losing...who have experience in climbing the ladder systematically?
How did you do it? Did you have to have little check lists to remind yourself (5 carbs of raspberries on Monday, Wednesday, Friday for example)? Did you use a week to try one category of food, or do one week each for different foods in the same category (ie: yogurt one week, cream cheese then next?)
What did you learn? Any surprises?
Any advice?

(I have climbed the ladder to rung 6 -alcohol — and flirted with legumes and root veg, I’ve raised carbs to 50-60 mostly. But I do notice then I’m eating more, I’m hungrier and carbs are creeping up although I’m continuing to “maintain” at this level. I figure it’s not a stall if I know why I’m staying here, . I’m going to do a brief induction reset and then test some foods I’m concerned about) I may be over thinking this but it’s what I need to do just now. Partly it’s busy-making while I stick to plan over the next few months...?
Sponsored Links