Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-10, 10:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%
Question Where to buy Davinci in Canada??

Hi.... where do you guys buy your Davinci's or any other brand of SF syrups in Canada.... I don't wanna buy it on line, I'd like to go into a store.....

Thx!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-10, 16:29

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

I've found a brand called "La Bona Vita" for syrups, although they only have vanilla flavour in the Splenda sweetened one. I find it with the coffee in my grocery store (specifically Thrifty Foods - now Sobeys).
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-10, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Starbucks carries "their own" rebranded SF syrups; some shops have more than others.

La Bona Vita (Vanilla only) in most grocery stores, in the coffee aisle, usually on the top shelf.

Torani, many *other* coffee shops carrie this one in a variety of SF flavours -- I can get them locally, still considering starting to stock those instead of the DaVinci, since it's hard to get now (used to get them out of WA, across the border - paperwork is horrendous now).

Vancouverites, JJ Beans is still the official distributor for DaVinci and carries most of the SF flavours last time I checked. Call ahead, they might even do mixed cases now, who knows.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-10, 14:11
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 164.2/156.4/140 Female 67 in.
BF:
Progress: 32%

Fortino's sells Da Vinci syrups, in a limited number of flavours. They're where they sell the coffee beans.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-10, 19:52

Plan: LC
Stats: 260/218/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Definitely!
Progress: 38%

I found daVinci syrups (sugar free too) at Tweed and Hickory in Ottawa. They have an online store too.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 11:59

Stats: 225/195/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

There's a really nice little LC store in Toronto called the Low Carb Grocery They always have lot's of SF DaVinci syrups in stock.

I know you don't want to order online but they do that also. Their customer service is excellent, everything is always very well-packaged and they offer free shipping for any order over $100. If you can actually make it to the store they have the world's best LC cheesecake. And no, I don't work for them.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-08-10, 10:54

Plan: Keto
Stats: 260/240/199 Female 5'6"
BF:Too much!
Progress: 33%

i went down to the states and they have TONS of davinici syrups! lowcarbjo you're on the west coast (i assume BC like me), if you're close to the boarder, go down the I5 into bellingham, washington and go to "cash and carry" (google it, it's not hard to find.. the store looks kinda "scary" on the outside, but it's good inside!) it's kind of like costco but no membership is required. they have a WALL of syrups. i have the french vanilla and pancake ones, and i think they were about $4 US each. totally worth the trip!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-10, 17:41

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

In Calgary there are ~40 flavours at the Diabetic Depot. But I can't stand the sickly sweet aftertaste of Splenda.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-10, 23:31

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos2010
i went down to the states and they have TONS of davinici syrups! lowcarbjo you're on the west coast (i assume BC like me), if you're close to the boarder, go down the I5 into bellingham, washington and go to "cash and carry" (google it, it's not hard to find.. the store looks kinda "scary" on the outside, but it's good inside!) it's kind of like costco but no membership is required. they have a WALL of syrups. i have the french vanilla and pancake ones, and i think they were about $4 US each. totally worth the trip!

Yeah, I am in BC . There's a cash & carry in Chilliwack and they carry loads of davinci flavors... I forgot all about that as I no longer live out that way, lol.

PS... I just googled it and there is one in Surrey, have you been to it? Here's the addy
9-13557 77 Ave,

Surrey, BC V3W 6Y2
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 10:35
Registered Member

Stats: 264/243/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Wow, that's a fantastic tip, thanks!

Nicki
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 14:48
Registered Member

Plan: keto
Stats: 140/135/110 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 17%

i've seen them at homesense/winners too. not sure of the price. not sure if they have sugar free ones.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 09:07
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Homesense/Winners has them sometimes, kind of a hit or miss thing and it's not generally the DaVinci brand, but a knock off though they are still good.

I don't recommend the Vanilla Macadamia Nut though. I like vanilla & macadamia nuts but the syrup isn't so good.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-10, 13:38

Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbjo
Yeah, I am in BC . There's a cash & carry in Chilliwack and they carry loads of davinci flavors... I forgot all about that as I no longer live out that way, lol.

PS... I just googled it and there is one in Surrey, have you been to it? Here's the addy
9-13557 77 Ave,

Surrey, BC V3W 6Y2

what is this? I tried googling 'cash & carry' and not sure it comes up with what you are talking about.. do you have a link?
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-10, 01:11

Plan: moderate carb
Stats: 171/161/150 Female 5'7.5
BF:
Progress:

I couldn't find cash n carry either - but I'm not in Surrey and dont' have a car so I didn't try driving to the location. I did find Torani syrup at Winner tho. And I really like Starbucks SF caramel syrup...
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-11, 20:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/215/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

I have often been able to pick up SF Oscars brand at Winners or Home Sense.