Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 20:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Lightbulb Do You Have Candida?

Learn A Simple Preliminary Test

You can take a simple saliva test right from your home.

Simply take a clear glass of water and place it by your bedside so that it is readily available in the morning when you wake up from sleep.

Before having anything to drink gather some saliva in your mouth and spit it into your glass of water.

Within minutes, if there is any yeast overgrowth in your system, the saliva will immediately clump together and begin to "leak" down into the glass of water in tentacle-like fashion.

It resembles a jellyfish if you've seen them under water. If the saliva sinks down to the bottom of the glass of water quickly, you probably have Candida overgrowth in your body.

To correct this use Acidophilus Capsules (the natural good bacteria that controls Candida) into your diet.

I am not sure if I have this or not, the only sign I have for a yeast problem is my left big toe has some nail fungus. Other than that, thats about it, I can still eat cheese and nuts and still lose weight, however that may change.
So tomorrow I am going to do this test.

When I was in the health food store today I noticed ACIDOPHILUS was on sale, and I remember reading one of the posting at another club before I went shopping today, and bought some. I've been reading alot about this good bacteria, so I thought it couldn’t hurt, even if I don't have canidida, its suppose to work as an intestinal cleanser, which will keep you regular. Also helps prevent, diverticulosis, acne, and bad breath. It also helps in the absorption of calcium as well as other minerals. So I figured what the heck.

Have any of you tried these capsules before?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 21:15

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default acidophilus

hi chrissy.

What happens to your saliva if you don't have Candida? I’ve been told on several occasions by my naturalist that I do have it, but now I know how to find out!

I have taken acidophilus as part of an intestinal cleansing I used to do nightly. It contained aloe Vera juice, acidophilus, liquid chlorophyll, "sonne's" no. 7, which is a detoxification aid, ascorbate C, and "sonne's" no. 9, which is psylium, seed plus husks. Mix together with a little fruit juice and down every night.

I’m not really sure what the advantage was of each specific ingredient, but I was looking for an easy way to be healthy w/o eating healthy. I stopped drinking it when I started low carbing because of the juice factor.

Good luck w/ your test!
Regards,
Brenda
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 02:58

BF:

Hi Brenda, thanks, I thought this was very interesting too, I will let you know the results tomorrow, I'm going to sleep in tomorrow morning as I am up late right now.......ohhh, I hope I don't have it.

The first time I heard about this is a few years ago when I went on that Calorad diet, you know the one that you lose weight while you sleep! (yeah right!)

Anyways, just lately I've read alot about Acidophilus and its advantages to the digestive track and of course all the information in the Atkins book about this matter.

oh btw, how the heck does one pronounce this word! lol .

Take care!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 10:54

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%

àssi dóffilss.
hth.

oh, i'm sure if you need more information, doreen could point you in the right direction.
regards,
brenda
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 11:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins HIGHLY Modified
Stats: 247/195/135
BF:
Progress: 46%

Chrissy;
I keep thinking about this. It seems that our saliva's normal behavior would be just as you quoted even without yeast in it. Essentially there are quite a few factors I could see that would result in this behavior, namely;
1 Surface tension of the water will serve to repel the saliva,
2 Saliva is mucous, enzyme and water, our first in the morning saliva contains the least liquid so high mucous so it would strand naturally,
3 Differing densities of each 'liquid', and
4 Ion charges that repel dissolution.

Further Candida Albicans is normal flora so it's going to be present to one extent or another almost always. Have you ever seen this test negative for Yeast? Where did you hear/read of this I'd love some more information!
Thank you this is very interesting if slightly gross LOL
Jo
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 14:56

BF:
Unhappy Legitimate? Not Sure?

Hi Joe, like I said in my second post, I first heard of this test when I was doing Calorad years back. (Its this liquid drink that you drink before bed and your suppose to lose weight during night while you sleep). I tried everything back then I got this information from the pamphlet they give you and looked it up on the net..
I didn’t see any difference what’s so ever of losing weight from a regular diet such as weight watcher when I took this magic drink (WW didn’t work for me either!) ....... so I'm not sure if the test is legitimate or not? I did wake up this morning and my results were negative according to their test. My saliva stayed in tact and never floated to the bottom. So hopefully I don’t have it. But I'm going to take Acidophilus for the other benefits too.

Here is some sites with this information on this test, they do have another product added now called Agrisept_L that your suppose to take with the àssi dóffilss. However the one site said you still have to introduce Acidophilus Capsules (the natural good bacteria that controls Candida) into your diet.

Thanks Joy I can pronounce it now! Well anyways one site said it was 98% accurate, but to still see a doctor if you suspect any symptoms..... hmmmm so I don't know?
I would like to see somebody from here to do the this test if they do know that they have severe Candida that is not under controled to set the record straight? Anyone want to be our lab mouse?

http://yoursuccess.com/candida-albicans.html

http://caloradjb.com/agriseptL.html

I will read Doreen’s posts now
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 14:44

Stats: 195/195/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question acidophilus

Can acidophilus cause diahrrhea? I bought some capsules a few months ago back when I had a vaginal yeast infection, and after one day I was having gas and diahrreah real bad so stopped taking them. Is this normal? If so does it stop after you get used to it? I would like to take acidophilus but can't stand forever having this sort of reaction to it! Thanks for your help, Deni
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 12:01

Plan: PPP
Stats: /////////// Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

This is only a guess, but the symtoms of yeast die-off can be pretty unpleasant. You could be going through an adjustment period while your body works hard at detoxifying. It might be worth it to go on through, rather than quit part way.

Detoxification always makes you feel worse before you feel better, but you can live with it when you know good things are happening.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 02:23

Plan: pp
Stats: 135/129/125
BF:
Progress: 60%
Smile volunteer

I will be a volunteer to try this "preliminary candida test" in the morning. I've been wondering if I have an excess of yeast in my body recently because of two particular signs. First of all, I've had this really odd taste in my mouth. I don't know what it is, but it's just really weird, and I've suspected an excess of yeast. Also, when I urinate, it is frequently cloudy. Maybe these are symptoms of something else, but I'll try the test anyway because it seems like it could be candida!

Thanks so much! I actually hope that's what it is because I hate this weird taste in my mouth, dammit!

Hope everyone is doing well.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 13:53

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 210/202/160
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Acidophilus

I take Acidophilus every time I get a vaginal yeast infection because it's pretty much the only thing that helps in regulating the balance back in me. The creams and ovule therapies barely work for me anymore. But the Acidophilus does. It was recommended to me by several friends and a sister-in-law.

When I first started taking it as a maintenance therapy, I found I also had stomac cramps and gas, etc... but they went away after a few days. Since I'm the kind of person who avoids taking drugs or therapies if unncessary, I stopped taking the Acidophilus daily and only use it when I have a vaginal yeast infection or feel one coming on.

I don't have any other symptoms that I know of with regards to candida or yeast. I obviously wish I didn't have the problem at all. But until I find out more, I can attest that the Acidophilus works well for me.

BTW... I find that the only time I get infections though is when I use scented soaps (body and clothes) and if I'm stressed out. Reducing stress in my life has definitely reduced the onset of VYI for me.

Hope this helped at least a little.