Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 00:45
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default UPDATE! UPDATE!

Okay, as you guys might have known I wanted to start low carbing again to lose this 10lbs I gained within the last 2 months. Well, after going on for two days I wasnt to thrilled about it. I let some friends know I was back on it and they kept telling me "Man, you're skinny! There is no reason to." That gave me a boost. I just came home from the gym and after working out looking in the mirror a lot I realized...Yes, I am skinny and I gaining a lot of muscle. My chest is huge now except I have a little bit on fat on it. I dont mean to sound like I have a big ego but Im feeling a lot better about myself. I am going to stop eating crap and start watching whatever I eat. Lots of fruits, meat, rice, pasta, cheeses, etc. No caffein as usual. We'll see how it goes Good luck to everyone low carbing. Once you reach your goal it feels great! Whatever you do dont give up or cheat. It isnt worth it. Trust me. - Shant
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 02:34
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 208/191/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up HI

READING THIS GAVE ME A BOOST THIS MORNING I CHEATED LAST WEEKEND WHEN I WAS OUT FOR A MEAL,MY KETOSIS LEVEL IS AT A TRACE AND IM FINDING IT HARD GOING TO GET BACK INTO KETOSIS ANY TIPS PLEASE .
YOU ARE DOING SO WELL CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS HOPE I CAN FOLLOW YOU MY FIRST 14 DAYS WENT WELL I LOST 14LBS I WILL BE ON THE SCALES TODAY FINGERS CROSSED I JUST HOPE I HAVE NOT GAINED I WILL LET YOU KNOW .

LINDA=ADNIL
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 06:07

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Linda

Quote:
Originally posted by ADNIL
KETOSIS LEVEL IS AT A TRACE AND IM FINDING IT HARD GOING TO GET BACK INTO KETOSIS ANY TIPS PLEASE .

If you are showing "Trace" YOU ARE IN KETOSIS. I never show more than TRACE. As long as the colour changes you're in ketosis. If the colour is dark its an indication you're not drinking enough water. DARKER IS NOT BETTER.

You cheated and lost 3 lbs. That's not bad. 17lb in 3 weeks? THAT'S GREAT!!! Dont get hung up on the ketostix, they dont tell the true story.

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 08:10
Registered Member

BF:
Default thanx

I have been worried about the stix ,you say it dont matter well thankyou ,it's other people saying there ketone test turns purple i wont fret anymore.
i really did go to town on the choc cake a bit i couldn't resist it it was yummy and sickly at the same time well i have to go to the bank now i will look in later .
keep up the good work

seeya linda
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Re: thanx

Quote:
Originally posted by ADNIL
I have been worried about the stix ,you say it dont matter well thankyou ,it's other people saying there ketone test turns purple i

Have a peek at Doreens article on ketostix:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html

It's great information and will set your mind at ease. Just remember people who are turning the stix dark purple are most likely not drinking enough water
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 11:50
Registered Member

BF:
Default another reason ?

Hi thanx again for your reassurance about ketostix,but i think there maybe another problem i think i haven't eaten enough this week aswell i dont know maybe am wrong.
would this affect ketosis? im not sure at all i have bought the atkins book but there is so much to read.

seeya Linda