Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 17:06

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 360/313.6/150 Female 66.5"
BF:yes, of course
Progress: 22%
Talking New Size for Summer Challenge

Hey all! I'm thinking it would be really cool if this year when I drag out the summer clothes none of them fit, but this time for a reason other than too many treats during the winter. I've set a challenge for myself to lose at least 2 sizes by the time summer arrives (June 21st). It would be cool if some others would join me and check in every once in a while to let everyone know how you're doing. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 09:18

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

I would love to join you as that is exactly how much I need to lose (I think). Been a long time since I've been there--just don't want to make it any longer!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 09:34

Plan: Reduced carbs/Organics
Stats: 240/213.4/150 Female 5ft 6inch
BF: ?/26.9%/22%
Progress: 30%
Default I'll join!

Hi everyone!

I'll join and check in with everyone to see how it's going, we can give each other some tips.

I went back to induction on Monday and it's going very well I've lost 5lbs I'm going for 15 more maybe 20 so that I have 5lbs to flex with on cheat days. Which are usually Saturdays I'm getting out of that habit. My first step is to get off of those LC bars, I was hooked on them I would have one nearly every night haven't had one in over a week or so. I have tons of them I'll be giving some to my mother.

Let's stay in touch, we'll support each other.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 10:03

I keep those bars in my freezer and use them for travel and emergencies. Whenever I leave the house I take water, one bar and one can of LC drink so if I don't get back in time to eat I don't go after fast food. It has saved me many a time. Just a thought.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 10:35
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Two sizes sounds perfect for me as well! I am sick on going by the scale anyways. I would rather measure my progress for a while by how loose my clothes are on me. I am with you on this one!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 11:02
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

I'm currently in some 16's, and a few smallish 18's... a huge improvement from the 20/22's of a few months ago. I'm aiming for a 12 bye June 21. And darn, wouldnt' you know it.. I'd have to buy all new clothes.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 16:22

Jiiggerz--We're the same height and similar weight--so why are you in small 18s and 16s while I'm still in tight 18s? Story of my life!

Jude
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 02:25

I'm so glad you've all decided to join in. I'm going to try a sort of "jump start" diet this weekend. I'm going to eat only 4-5 bowls of homemade egg drop on saturday and sunday. It's super easy to make and very low in carbs and calories. If anyone's interested all you need is one small can of chicken broth or enough bullion cubes to make about 16 oz of broth, 1 egg and 1 tsp dried parsely flakes (these are optional). You put the broth and parsely flakes in a small pot and let it come to a boil. While you're waiting for the broth to boil, beat the egg in a bowl. When the broth is boiling, drizzle the egg into the boiling broth with one hand while whisking the broth with a fork around the pot with the other hand. The egg will cook when it hits the broth. It doesn't look pretty, but i think it tastes good. Anywho there's probably 2g carbs in one bowl of the soup and maybe 100 calories (75 for the egg and 25 for the broth using bullion). I'll probably have my iced coffees with heavy cream and liquid splenda concentrate over the weekend, too- heaven forbid i give up my caffiene!

I also plan on exercising a lot. I've actually been trying to do my own version of that show biggest loser this week. I've been off work this week and probably next too because my new job hasn't started. So with nothing much to do I've been exercising a ton. I've done no less than 2.5 hours each day this week since monday. I usually ride the stationary bike pretty vigorously for 2 hours (30 minutes at a time) and I do either the 30 minute or 45 minute walk away the pounds tape. I don't think my butt has ever been so sore. Hopefully I see a nice change when i weigh in on monday.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 07:01
Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
Jiiggerz--We're the same height and similar weight--so why are you in small 18s and 16s while I'm still in tight 18s? Story of my life!

Jude

It's the clothes, hun. I mostly wear Old Navy... because its fairly cheap and yet semi-trendy. There is a pair of Eddie Bauer 20's that still just..bleh, you get the idea.... so I put them in the 'going to the goodwill' box. There have been previous threads I've read a few months ago, where women our same height and similar weight were in 12 and 14's... so I know the frustration. If I can find that thread, I'll show it to you.

And Athena...I'm going to give that soup a try this weekend.

Last edited by Jiggerz : Sat, Jan-22-05 at 07:02. Reason: typo
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 08:39

Athena-- you put me to shame. I know I need to exercise but life seems to get in the way. By the time I have enough time to exercise, I'm too tired. I know I should do it first thing in the a.m. but I seem to be on the go first thing. (Of course I have to hit the threads for my daily motivation! )

I'm going to try your soup by the way.

Jiggerz--I guess I get frustrated at the way clothes fit different people. I was always the "fat" one growing up. I remember the time I realized that my mom's measurements and mine were only about an inch different up and down the line--yet she wore a size ten and I wore a 16--go figure!

Jude
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 11:05

Plan: Reduced carbs/Organics
Stats: 240/213.4/150 Female 5ft 6inch
BF: ?/26.9%/22%
Progress: 30%

JAnn,

How does the bars taste after being in the freezer? do you also put your shakes in there too.

Keep in mind that everyone has a different body type and clothes have different makes some are made smaller/bigger than others.

I fit into sizes 9-12 if someone were to ask me what size I was I would say 11/12 because that's what the majority of my clothes are. In some of my magazines people are saying that they weight 150 or 155 and are a size 8.

Don't worry about the size of the clothes think about the size of you. Hang in there you'll get to the size you want - stick it out, you can do it.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 01:17

Well, I started off the day by having my soup and about 3 hours later I was sick. I had a suspicion it was the eggs, but wasn't sure as no one else in the house got sick. So what do I do? Do I throw the eggs out just to be on the safe side? No, I eat more of the eggs and here I sit now with stomach pains cursing myself! Argh!
I did do 2 hours on the bike, but I just don't feel well enough for the walk away the pounds. Oh well.
Hope everyone is doing well!

p.s. I threw out all the eggs this time lol
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 08:20

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 249/218.5/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:48
Progress: 39%

This sounds awesome...I'm net to LC and perhaps I'm expecting too much, but this week I was religous about this - and I lost 2lbs...Is that the norm... Got any tips of what I really need to watch out for. Honestly, I'm not looking to lose weight quickly, I do want to be sure that I am not starting habits that will sabotage my efforts...

I'm looking to post my fitday soon.

Gina
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 08:57

Exercise B--The bars taste fine--no problem at all. In fact I think anything minty taste better after it has frozen. The cans I keep in the fridge.

I am down 2 pounds today--what a happy surprise. I noticed yesterday while walking around Wally World that it felt good to hold my stomach in and that I seem to walk taller.
Now onto exercising.

Athena--I hope you feel better soon. Food poisoning is no fun!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 17:53
Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn

Jiggerz--I guess I get frustrated at the way clothes fit different people. I was always the "fat" one growing up. I remember the time I realized that my mom's measurements and mine were only about an inch different up and down the line--yet she wore a size ten and I wore a 16--go figure!

Jude

My mom is 5'5 and was always very thin, she was a blonde with blue eyes to boot.... then there was me, tall geeky redhead. I remember fitting into her clothes in junior high. But... fast forward to now, I'm getting close to her present size and that kind of feels nice .