Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/209/195 Female 183 cm
BF:
Progress: 69%

What do you think of my diet yesterday?

Breakfast
Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 2 cup (8 fl oz)
Heavy Cream - Heavy Cream, 4 tbsp
Egg - Egg, Boiled, 2 large egg (50 g)
Saputo - Parmesan Petals, 2 ounce 227
Wholly Guacamole Mini - Guacamole, 1 cup

Lunch
Starbucks - Keto Heavy Cream Latte - Grande, 16 oz

Dinner
Saputo - Parmesan Petals, 2 ounce
Renee's Mighty Caesar - Mighty Caesar Dressing, 2 tbsp.
Pc Organics - Baby Spinach,
Chicken - Chicken Thigh, 1 cup
Fresh Gourmet - Crispy Onions,( 1 1/2 tablespoons)

Totals 1,254 13 calories Carbs:13g
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 10:11

Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

How are you getting your carb and cal count ?They both seem low for the food you posted.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 04:41

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Atkins has a 2-3T limit on heavy cream for the day. Dr. Westman's clinic limits cream to 2T. Check special foods category in sticky above ^^

Plus whatever was in that Starbucks drink! If you want to lose weight, do not drink liquid oils. If there was CO or butter plus cream in your Starbucks, suggest to remove that until at your goal weight.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Jun-24-17 at 05:09.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-17, 07:04

Stats: 240/209/195 Female 183 cm
BF:
Progress: 69%

So I should not be eating coconut oil? I usually have that in my morning coffee.
My calorie count is just out of Fit Pal but I wasn't too concerned about its accuracy because I didn't think we had to worry about calories in Atkins induction?
So initially I lost a couple lbs doing induction with IF and reducing dairy but now have gained 4. Should I be drinking more than 2 L of water per day?
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-17, 11:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/LCHF
Stats: 209/185/185 Male 69
BF:reducing
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portagecre
So I should not be eating coconut oil? I usually have that in my morning coffee.
My calorie count is just out of Fit Pal but I wasn't too concerned about its accuracy because I didn't think we had to worry about calories in Atkins induction?
So initially I lost a couple lbs doing induction with IF and reducing dairy but now have gained 4. Should I be drinking more than 2 L of water per day?

But your carb count is wrong.

Your Starbucks Keto is 12 alone.

Quote:
-Lattes are milk drinks with coffee flavoring. A grande (16 oz) heavy cream late is going to be about 12.5oz of heavy cream, or about 10-12g carbs and 1280 calories. That's an insane amount of calories.

-a grande latte is quite a lot of dairy, weather it's milk or cream. Starbucks shows that a grande latte with whole milk is 18g of carbs, so 12 sounds about right for a heavy cream one

Cafe Americano with heavy cream. In this case, it'll only be about 200-300 calories and 2-3g carbs.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comme...vy_cream_carbs/

Last edited by VLC.MD : Fri, Jun-30-17 at 11:28.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-01-17, 02:48

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

VLC.MD. Thanks for that Reddit quote...I avoid Starbucks and didn't even know such a drink is available. To quote Dr Fung, That's Crazzzee.

Not only is one latte an insane amount of calories, but if you want to lose weight, Dr Westman does not suggest using all these liquid fats in drinks so popular now. There are no studies, but one concern he has expressed is that they are not as satisfying as food, and in the end, yes, calories matter. Good ten minute video talk on fat consumption: https://youtu.be/q2g_8m8BnQo

Portagacre, so with that Keto latte, more carbs than you thought and your calories are at least double what you thought. If you have heavy cream and coconut oil in your morning coffee, that BPC is suppose to BE your breakfast, not a drink WITH it. The fats on their own keep you in ketosis which started while asleep, and you should be able to fast into the afternoon. If you add any food calories, it is then a meal and with the protein and carbs in your sample breakfast, that likely ended fat-burning for a while.

I add 1T of heavy cream to coffee every day, and if I have a 7am aerobics class, An additional 1T CO for energy. Try limiting these "Added Oils" in drinks to 2T a day and consider adding meal timing.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Jul-01-17 at 07:07.