Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#511   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-20, 03:53

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy39
I mean I really wanna do it but I’m afraid about a couple things let me explain

People talk about getting diarrhea a carnivore and I really can’t have that happen I work very long hours from 9 to 5 I do get an hour for lunch but still I really don’t want to have my stomach upset I’m thinking it won’t happen but can’t really happen also do you really have to give up diet soda

yes you have to give up diet soda. thing is the fake sweeteners are pure junk and in the end what you truly are giving up is total ick for the body anyway and I promise, once you drop it, and taste it later down the line, you think how could I drink this sludge?

Also you truly can't live your life like that. In fear of 'what if' I try carnivore and get the big D.....cause alot of us DO NOT get that. It is people who are more damaged and need healing and who are not coming from an 'low carb' or 'keto type plan' already that have the most trouble. SAD to carnivore can be tough, but if you have already been doing LC you are more fat adapted/dumped toxins more from your body already so your walk into zero carb 'might be' way easier than you think. Only way to know is take action.

Plus one has to come into zc with balance in a way....like it is not suck down sticks of butter or drink the fat from a steak or any of that. Many come in thinking they need to go fatty fatty meat and add fat and that is a wrong concept. Just eat a good steak. Eat great chicken. Enjoy the seafood you love. Eat up that fish you might like but we don't have to add and add fat to all this. We don't need that. A normal cut of meat usually supplies all we need in fat to protein ratio ya know....or if eating something leaner like a chicken breast with no skin just add a tad of butter for cooking.

So many don't go with the big D or if they get a tad off in any way, simple fast fat/food corrections can handle it but people do have to go thru adaption dumping all plant matter and chemical fake junk they are using in their lives if they go into zc....but thru adaption times, oh boy you get to that other side and great benefits come and zc is just something I love.

hope some of that helps.
Sponsored Links
  #512   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-20, 03:59

BF:

Quote:
one of my big fears about going carnivore is that my body won’t get used to digesting vegetables again but the thing is when you go to Carniore you never go back right you do this forever

only ones your body doesn't like.

But with carnivore....when you drop all veg....if you want to grade into like LC or Keto Plan then when you add some veg back in you do it slowly and consciously ya know. You find out how each veg makes you feel. You drop everything for say a month or 2, add something back, you feel ICKY you know your body is NOT liking that veg....but you could add back a veg and your body does fine on it......ZC is the ultimate elimination menu....so when you add anything back, you know full truths on what it does to your body. You can eat it and suffer or you can ditch it and find the veg your body does best on. It is a good way to truly know how foods work in your body and for you and not against you.

Carnivore path wasn't scary to me at all, I ran to this way of life so fast! My natural way was to go into this eating plan I hope you do ok too if you try it!
  #513   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-20, 08:07

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

You can talk carnivore all you want here Entropy!! Heck, I do!
  #514   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-20, 23:00

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Thank you for getting back to me Whirly I have been super stressed at work and I was supposed to be taking half days to spend with my daughter. I have not started carnivore yet but I day dream about it

I day dream about being thin and never having to go on a diet again and I mean NEVER
Like never having to feel crappy if I over ate something I should not have because it wouldn’t happen like I just give it all up
And look amazing
Like a ballerina!
LOL
  #515   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-20, 08:41

BF:

Quote:
I have not started carnivore yet but I day dream about it

And look amazing
Like a ballerina!
LOL

Yes the day has to happen or it is useless ya know. Act or give up and I get ya have to 'rev up' to jump in but if you jump in what is the worst, you go back a day later? I tell ya that is not a reason not do go all in and let Carnivore heal you.

and forget those fantasy thoughts in that we will always be us. can you be the best you? I know cause I had those supermodel thoughts in my brain and I was slim and trim and vibrant at 20 easily and could almost fit into that category but it was an illusion. Isn't life just that? In full truth? We desire....and our desires can't truly happen without course there from our early stages and even then might not come true.

face real life and this is hard. I do me at all times for health....damn the 'illusion' of what I could never be cause life ain't taking me there but 'hell yea' to what I can achieve for me.

So mind games are rough and tough and there ain't a darn thing about that and it won't change for most of us but if you want 'better than ya got' then take action, what is the worst, you get better than ya are?

as we mostly all know live real life cause our fake lives don't work for us ya know, so find happiness and health with vibrancy with what ya got. Heck that is all I can do darn near hitting age 59 now LOL

think hard for yourself and face truths and find support anywhere you can find it and change you. It is all we got ya know!

wishing you nothing but the best on your path forward to find you in all this!!!
  #516   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-20, 14:38

BF:

Thank you I appreciate that

For every carnivore testimonial I read the ones that stick out the most are those that are thin now and don’t have hanging skin
  #517   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-20, 15:23

BF:

Quote:
Thank you I appreciate that

For every carnivore testimonial I read the ones that stick out the most are those that are thin now and don’t have hanging skin

oh I hear you but alot of zc people are just people trying for better health ya know, lose some lbs, get improved energy and more. As much as I wish it was a 'fairy like transformation' for alot of us zc people, it truly is not like that.

One friend always had a little quote she copied and kept on her profile....

Comparison is the thief of joy.

I believe that to be so true. If we do us as we need and not compare against others we find joy and freedom and acceptance. When we compare too closely to others we end up wanting what just won't ever happen ya know...over the top expectatoins and just don't do that to yourself cause what you get from ZC wil be your personal wonderful transformation story you can put out their to others ya know
  #518   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-20, 19:49

BF:

True but I also read about people that don’t lose weight or gain weight first then lose it eventually
  #519   ^
Old Thu, Sep-03-20, 05:32

BF:

Quote:
True but I also read about people that don’t lose weight or gain weight first then lose it eventually

It is all from how you are entering into carnivore.

If you are the type that is internally more damaged and hormones unbalanced etc....along with not eating enough food, you know cutting those kcals down so low and not getting enough good nutrition just to move the number on the scale, you might be one to gain first. Your body will take that food and heal the body, feed your cells and suck up that nutrition......unless you starve down the scale, one can not 'lose weight' unless you have a healthy body to do it for you.

So when the body heals up it will lose those lbs it might have gained.

I gained like 8 lbs and those 8 lbs came off very fast luckily.

But with zero carb we do not limit food intake at all. We eat any time we are hungry and as much as we want. So the body will heal internally, your body will dump toxins as you go thru adaption etc. and ALOT OF people never gain an ounce, they go right into dropping some lbs.

You have to think of the food you eat will effect your body different than others when ya start carnivore cause it truly is the type of thing that is ALL ABOUT your health status and physical body starting this plan.

Here is a little info to read from Dr. Kevin Stock about differences that happen for people coming into carnivore:

Fat Loss (…and Fat Gain) on the Carnivore Diet
Daily I hear another 100lb+ fat loss story.
Frank just eats beef franks and his gut melted away.
Amber’s bacon, egg, and beef diet chiseled out her bikini body.
Success stories abound.
But the stories you aren’t hearing about are carnivore experimenters who gain
body fat.
They follow the diet to the tee and they gain weight.
Why the discrepancy?

Carnivore Starting Point
When starting this diet, everyone comes from a different place.
Some people come from a SAD (Standard American Diet), some from Keto, some from decades of yo-yo dieting. Some start the diet with 40% body fat, some with 4%. Some people have gut issues and insulin resistance. Some are “fat-adapted”and others come from years of fat-restrict eating.
All these different starting points impact the transition to a Carnivore Diet and
whether someone will experience fat melting off their waistline or the scale tipping in the wrong direction.

John
Let’s say John is a 51-year-old male who has eaten a SAD diet for decades.
He is pre-diabetic, 65lbs overweight, and doesn’t exercise. He decides to
experiment with the Carnivore Diet.
In the first 30 days he’s loses over 20lbs. He’s excited.
He decides to extend the experiment another 30 days. Another 15lbs fall off.
The experiment now has an indefinite timeline. All he’s doing is eating meat until he’s full. He prefers ribeye and fatty beef cuts. He generally eats 2 times a day, though occasionally he eats just one, and other days he eats 3 meals. He listens to his appetite.
And 9 months down the road, he’s loving meat more than ever. It’s all he craves. He’s lost over 50lbs of fat and gained over 10lbs of muscle. He looks better than he did at 30. His blood sugar has dropped, and his energy has skyrocketed.
This story is not an outlier. This is common.

But Sally had a different experience…

Sally

Let’s say Sally is a 42-year-old female who has watched what she’s eaten for
years.
In the past she’s tried vegan, the Mediterranean Diet, and most recently a
Ketogenic Diet. She watches her calories and tracks her macros like a scientist. She does an hour of cardio 3 times per week and some light weights. She’s gotten some good results with Keto but her fat loss has stalled. She also hasan autoimmune disorder that hasn’t resolved.
She saw what the Carnivore Diet has done for John, so she decides to experiment herself.
She follows the diet to the tee – she “eats meat. drinks water.”
Unlike John however, Sally is ravenously hungry. She’s almost embarrassed by
how much she eats.
She knows from the “Ultimate 30-Day Guide to Going Full Carnivore” that she
isn’t supposed to track calories or macros but eat until satisfied. So she does.
The first 30 days go by and she’s gained 5lbs!
She wonders if she should go back to Keto. She considers staying Carnivore but cutting back on calories. But she remembers the “Warning” section in the 30-day guide she read. No tinkering.

She decides to stick with the experiment another 30 days, because her energy has been amazing, and she’s seen improvements in her autoimmune issue. Another 30 days go by, and another couple of pounds are added to the scale.
Sally doesn’t know what to do. She’s feeling better than she can ever remember, but her weight is going in the wrong direction.
What’s going on…?

John vs Sally
John and Sally started the same diet from completely different points.
John was obese and had never restricted a calorie in his life. His diet was
composed of junk. A switch to the Carnivore Diet, or any diet, would lead to
weight loss. Most people see dramatic improvements in body composition because most people are overweight/obese. They, and the scale, move in the right direction no matter how many steaks or how much bacon they eat.
John had some transition issues. He had some sugar cravings the first couple weeks but easily overcame them by eating more steak. His rapid success led to more motivation and more success.

Sally started off far leaner than John. She also couldn’t remember a time when she wasn’t restricting her diet in some way. When Sally was told she could eat as much meat as she wants without measuring or monitoring, two floodgates broke open.
1. The first floodgate was the mental switch from famine to feast.
2. The second floodgate was the complete nutrition meat provided her
malnourished body.
For decades her body wasn’t getting the protein and fat it desired. She was
deficient in micronutrients as well as quality macronutrients.
She was malnourished.
And when she finally started giving her body the nourishment it craved, it wanted to get as much of it as it could.

I was a “Sally.”

I came from a restricted Keto diet. I gained weight and fat when I started. My body needed it. My brain needed it.
It can take time for a “Sally” to regulate her appetite, to fix her dysregulated
metabolism and hormones, and to “get healthy.”

-----------So the key is if weight gain happens you just sit back and heal and adapt and change....then the lbs that were gained will come off but your body must change first. Remember also not that many gain like you read about and the only way to know you thru all this.....on a personal level of what will go down for you.....is to jump in and go for it!!

edited to say the above with great info from Dr Stock is at Justmeat.com
  #520   ^
Old Thu, Sep-03-20, 09:25

BF:

Thank you for that post.

Two more questions for you

Do you personally eat eggs? What about cheese? What about hot dogs? What about grass fed meat vs whatever meat you can find?
Do you drink coffee and if yes what do you put in it ?
Please advise
  #521   ^
Old Thu, Sep-03-20, 16:22

BF:

Quote:
Thank you for that post.

Two more questions for you

Do you personally eat eggs? What about cheese? What about hot dogs? What about grass fed meat vs whatever meat you can find?
Do you drink coffee and if yes what do you put in it ?
Please advise

I ate a gazillion eggs when I started ZC about 3.5 yrs ago. Now I just am sick of them, they are not dense enough protein to hold me and I am kinda over them but eggs suit alot of people.

Cheese, I eat a small amt whenever I eat a burger. I love a cheeseburger but I do not 'eat a chunk of cheese' just to eat it anymore. I did back in the day but now I don't need that in my life. Dairy is very personal. Many have allergy situations to dairy but I do ok on it and still have a tad on a burger. I use some in my homemade alfredo sauce (parm cheese) when I make that but lately I haven't been making it cause I kinda lost interest in it.

Hot dogs are processed but yes you can eat them. Thing is eating just a hunk of fresh meat or fresh seafood/fish 'beats' anything processed....like sausage or things like bags of that 'pre-cooked' chicken strips or other products like that. But yea, any meat as long as those ingredients are not high in carbs in any packaged meats you do buy. Grass fed vs. store....just buy what you love at all times and can afford. I do regular store but ate alot of grass fed when we farmed and owned cattle, now out of farming I just buy from the store. To many this does not matter, so personal taste and want on that.

I hate coffee.....LOL....yes I am not a coffee person ever but many drink coffee and they do black or use heavy whipping cream. No milk, no 1/2 and 1/2 cause it is alot higher in sugar content with lower fat content, so go HWC always but that is personal to everyone too.

Hope some of that helps
  #522   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-20, 13:46

BF:

That does help. I was going to start low carbing Tuesday but my parents said to start for lunch. I had burgers from mcdonalds no bun but it did have some onion on them.
I plan to start low carb and then try to gradually reduce diet drinks and reduce carbs to zero
That is my plan
  #523   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-20, 15:34

BF:

absolutely, if you just watch your food intake, with junky carbs like bread, rolls, biscuits, flour products, sugar products like chips, rotten old soda and way more! and keep all that from your life, you walk into LC.

not a darn thing wrong with that....first steps to a shining future in food choices for health!
  #524   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-20, 18:29

BF:

Thank you Whirly!

So far so good.I had burgers from McDonald’s no bread for lunch

And for dinner onion burgers bubba and one string cheese.

So far

I swam some laps today too
  #525   ^
Old Sun, Sep-06-20, 06:08

BF:

Rock on E!! Hold zc and it will treat you very well.