Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 17:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Starting SB 1/19/04
Stats: 182/147/130 Female 5'7
BF:25.2
Progress: 67%

Well everyone, I just returned from my Saturday shop and got some great buys! I stopped by my local healthfood store and got husks to make these pancakes that I read about on another LC site. Psyllium husks, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Blend. Let sit for a few minutes to let the husk soften and cook as you would cook a regular pancake. I have syrup I found at the local store made with Splenda and only 1 gram of carb per serving so that will be breakfast tomorrow. 1 carb per pancake. Double the recipe for 2 pancakes! Stocked up on my Omega 3 and 6. Flaxseed oil and my multi vitamin. Got my favorite Banana Nut Atkins Muffins. I didn't realize you can have these in Induction. I was surfing the Atkins site and they state they are fine for Phase 1, Induction, but I will pass on them till I complete my two weeks!!!! I just love them! But, my best find!! Atkins Strawberry and Butter Pecan Ice Cream!!! Woohoo!! I know they are not allowed during Induction so I have tucked them away in the freezer but they are there after Induction if I get a hankering for a sweet. Stocked up on my staple food. Chix, steak, pork, shrimp and crab! Got a great pot roast for tomorrow. I will slow cook it all day. I have a great recipe for LC crab cakes if anyone wants it with a Remoulade sauce! They are tasty with a side salad.

Day 5 and all is fantastic! Bitter cold her tonight! 6 degrees with a windchill around 20 below! I am off to make some Shrimp Scampi for dinner! Hope everyone is doing great!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 21:09
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi All,

Finishing Day 4 and all is well. So far, I'm down 4.5 lbs. and loving it. I don't know if any of you got to watch the "Low Carb Revolution" show on Food Network tonight, I only caught the tail end (it's on again tomorrow at 4:00 ET I believe for those of you interested). I'm just excited to see Low Carb finally being accepted. They are even offering classes at a culinary school around here (here being Houston, Texas area). I'm thinking of going so that I have some variety. That's the key for me...I get very bored after about 2-3 months of hamburger patties.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Dana
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 04:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253.8/238/165 Female 178cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

My goodness, six degrees with a wind chill of minus 20. Susan - it has been 42 degrees centigrade here today and I live on the coast. I think that it is time to migrate!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 09:11
Registered Member

Default Psyllium Pancakes!

Well, I made these this morning and have to tell you, they were delicious! I made a double batch for two flapjacks! 2 eggs. 1 teaspoon baking powder. 2 tablespoons Psyllium Husks. Topped with alittle butter and My LC syrup! To die for! Nice change from eggs!

Having a great 7th day. Off to the gym in a bit after breakfast settles to do my weights and machines!

You are so right Leanne. Very cold here but us New Englanders can take it!

Have a great LC day everyone!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 10:44
Registered Member

Danakins,

How do you upload a picture. I have one and tried to resize it but it always says its to big. Figures! I used to be to big!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 17:53
Registered Member

Trying to see if I can add a picture. Can't firgure out how to add it to my profile. Can anyone assist?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LC Susan.JPG (4.9 KB, 4 views)
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 18:02
Getting back to me

BF:

Susan,

Under Profile, click on Avatar and then select "You can use an Avatar from your computer" and select the browse button. Then find the jpg on your computer and save.

Hope this helps! Your .jpg looks small enough.

Danakins
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 18:17
Registered Member

Thanks Dana! Finally figured it out!!!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 18:21
Registered Member

Popping in to say hello! Day 8 and all is well. I am very excited today. One of my new employees has been on Atkins for 5 months and lost 36lbs!!! I am so thrilled to have a live time LC buddy. This will be great. Already exchanging recipes, thoughts and ideas. Alot of people in my office feel this WOL is not worth it as they continue to endulge in all the office treats and sweets that are always there. I have refrained from them for over a year. Many of my coworkers don't realize how much weight they have gained and how tired and sluggish they feel after consuming so many high carb sweets, breads and other items that are brought into the office. In the beginning, they were always trying to sabatoge my foodplan. It got to the point where I had to be truly firm and say "NO, I no longer partake in eating these types of foods so please do not offer it to me again". Finally got my message across. 43lbs later alot of them started to think, hmm, well maybe this "Atkins stuff" isn't such a bad idea. A few of them have given a try but cannot stick to it. Everyone knows now what I will and will not eat while at work so the offering has ended.

So I am off to the gym to workout and do the free weights. Hopefully, with enough stretching, I won't be as sore as I was Saturday!!!

Have a great evening everyone!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 20:13
Registered Member

Default Hi everyone from the frozen Tundra in Mass!

Very cold here tonight and the temp is dropping by the minute. We are supposed to be in the minus single digits by morning with hollowing winds up to 50mph. Not fun, but part of living in New England.

So another day, Day 9 and all is well. I am alittle out of sorts tonight. Feel like something is coming on. A cold maybe. Don't know but I am very tired and that is not like me. I couldn't force myself out the door to get to the gym. Guess we need to listen to the body signs. If truly not up to it, then don't. So I am home, snuggled up tight and heading off to dreamland soon but not before I check in.

Otherwise, I am feeling good. No cravings. Food well in control. My dad called me tonight to let me know on his first week of South Beach, he has lost 9lbs. So happy for him. He also joined a gym and has a personal trainer to get him in good shape for a 72 year old man. He has alot of health issues. Diabetes, heart disease. He spent most of last year recovering from 6 major surgeries to increase the circulation to his legs. He had an injury that would not heal, almost lost his left leg from the knee down to his is Diabetes but I am happy to say, he is doing great. Another reason why I have chosen LC. Family history of Diabetes so better I do what I can now to prevent it.

So I hope all are doing great! Till tomorrow!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 05:11
Getting back to me

BF:

Susan,

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling 100%. If you feel like having soup, there is an excellent Chicken, Sage and Ham Soup recipe on the Atkins site that is delicious. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

That's great about your dad. Men always drop quite a bit right away it seems. That's good that he shares with you like that too.

Today is the end of week one for me and I'm feeling great. The Carb detox headaches are gone. So far, I'm down 5.5 lbs. The dot on the healthy weight chart on Fitday is right at the border of Healthy Weight and Overweight and I'm very excited. It's the little things...

Here's wishing you all a wonderful day!

Dana
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 19:28
Registered Member

Hi Dana,

Well, I don't know what was wrong with me last night but I am feeling quite good tonight. Maybe just over-tired. Job keeps me moving and shaking.

Glad to hear you are de-toxed and the sugar headaches are gone! Mine lasted about 2 days. CONGRATS on the 5.5! Way to go!!! It is so exciting to see everyone's success. I just love it!!! We are well on our way! Spring, just months away and oh how good we will feel and look! I can't wait for the warmer weather. I hate being penned up in the house. Heat on. Windows shut! UGH! I miss walking the dogs on those long warm summer nights. Riding my bike and doing yard work. It will be here soon!

So keep on moving and shaking everyone! Life is good!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 18:57
Registered Member

Hello everyone! Well, week two is coming to an end. I am feeling great aside from the frigid temps outside. Talked to my dad last night who started South Beach and is concluding Phase 1 and has lost 12.5 pounds. I am so happy for him. He is not in the best health so this is a positive step for him and meeting with his personal trainer as well. I hope to have him around for alot longer!

No gym tonight as just walking from the house to the car is painful. It is so cold. -4 with windchills of -30. Just walking the dogs I thought I would drop! My nose was so cold. When I came back in, it started to hurt so I am staying safe and sound tonight at home. I will do my Yoga/Pilates tape in a few.

Nothing else new to report. How is everyone else doing?
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 06:27
Getting back to me

BF:

Susan, How is it is going? Did you freeze to death up there yet? Brrrrrr... It's been crazy weather here in Texas with temps in the 30's (low for us) and then back up to the 70's the next day.

Are you going to continue with Induction levels or start doing OWL? I'm coming up on two weeks this Wednesday and haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do. So far, I'm down 7 pounds, which for me is good.

Hope to hear your progress soon,
Dana
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 07:25
Registered Member

Hi Dana,

It is going good although I have to say, I am making a radical change come Monday!

SOUTH BEACH! I read the book and have to say, I am impressed. Don't get me wrong, I truly love Atkins but in reading the book, I feel that SB is truly a better choice for lifetime maintainence. As I stated earlier this week, my dad lost 12.5 lbs the first 2 weeks. His blood sugar is under control and he feels great. The first two weeks seem almost the same as Atkins but cutting out the fats such as butter and cream. Good carbs vs. bad. EEK! My kitten just jumped on my shoulder! She is a cutty pie and loves to give effection. Anyway, I am doing my prep this weekend. Planning my meals. Going to give it a try and see how it goes. In reading Phase 1 and 2, I love the fact that I can have say tomato juice and in Phase 2, even fruit. So we shall see. My stepmom is a nurse and feels since I have lost the bulk of the weight that I should not be eating the high fat foods that are not healthly for me so I am moving on. Now, I may fall flat on my face but it is something I must try.

So that is where I am at! Weather, much better today. It's already up to 13 degrees with a high of 26 today, so HEATWAVE! This is great. It actually hurt to be outside the last two nights when I walked the dogs. They didn't waste anytime. Did their business and back in the house they charged!

So I will keep you posted! I am very excited to Start. How are things with you? You have done extremely well! Good for you! I would move onto OWl if I were you. Induction can get boring. There aren't to many food items that you add but just enough to keep it exciting. I loved the fact that I could have strawberries and tomatos once I moved onto OWL. I would go for it. Just my thought!

I have oodles of housework and laundry to do so I need to get moving. Need to get to the gym today too. Maybe even a refreshing walk since there is no wind. The 26 degrees will feel like Spring to me! That's sad!

Take care and talk soon!