Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-01, 10:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

do i remember correctly? did someone here buy lowcarb chocolate from the manufacturer in scarborough? i live in ajax, a quick 15 minute drive to scarborough. i lived in scarborough all my life and my folks still live there. i'm always searching for quality lowcarb chocolate. mmmmmmmmmmm!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-01, 19:10

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Low carb Chocolate

I believe the bar you may be looking for might be Ross Chocolate bars. And they are good. But not sure where they came from. If you are on Low Carb Canada list at Yahoo I know some of the folks there have bought it across Canada. If not I can ask.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-01, 20:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Cool check the other forum subjects?

Deb, there was a lot of discussion around the Ross bars (seem to be the best flavour by vote) around Christmas, here in this very forum... and have you double checked the Retailers/Shopping tabs?

I'm trying to remember but I *think* it was a distributor that was somewhere in/around Ontario, and I'm not sure if a response from them ever was posted... I do know that some Shopper's Drug Marts carry them.

I'm feeling a bit slow and ignorant today, but maybe Wa'il can advise if a search of the Forum subjects is do-able? I should know this but I'm blank at the moment...

If traffic picks up any, I'll be carrying them soon. But not until I get some more traffic. It's a bit of a catch-22 (as I'm sure Jody G understands as well). Can't carry a wider selection of products til you get some movement on the ones you've already got (and paid for)...

Anyways! Hope this helps *some*
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-01, 20:09
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Why yes, if you click on the "Search" icon above and type "scarborough" it will get you all posts on this and here's what I got in regards to the chocolate palce overthere:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...borough#post140

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-01, 21:55

Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%
Question

Maybe this is what you are thinking of - there is a chocolate factory in Whitby that sells sugar free chocolate, it's pretty good. The info is in the shopping section.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-01, 12:57

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

thanks everyone! wa'il that was the exact post i was thinking of. my mom lives about 3 blocks from there. it's where i grew up! small world. i'm going to do 2 weeks of induction, starting today. when inductions done i will get some chocolate. yummmmmm!!!!