Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-12, 10:39

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default JUDDD's BUD's

OK. So I will start the new thread home. I weighed in this morning and down another two pounds, for a total of nine pounds in four weeks. I am so excited. Finally to see the scale not only move but move every week.

started at 231
first week 5 pounds
second week 1 pound
third week 1 pound
fourth week 2 pounds

Very Happy

Last edited by tbagram : Fri, Apr-13-12 at 05:37.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-12, 10:49

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Thanks for starting the thread! Nine pounds in four weeks is fantastic.

I'm still on week one. Feeling great.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-12, 11:56
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm not really losing doing this, but I'll stick with it for a bit. Yesterday's down day wasn't the best. I got really hungry and had two oz of almonds for dinner. I couldn't wait until my chicken breast was done cooking.

So today I'm having a medium-day instead of an Up day.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 05:47

BF:

From what I am reading it takes some a little longer for the SIRT1 gene to kick in. They say around the fourth week or so.

One thing that helps me on DD is to eat lettuce with zero calorie dressing if hunger is bugging me. It takes off the edge and I consider it "free". I don't count it as calories at all. Also, homemade chicken broth helps.

I also weigh myself once a week- on Thursdays. It would really bother me to watch the scale go up and down all week. I only do DD- M,W,F. Eating lower calorie during the week days and leaving my weekends open is a big deal in my world. Just knowing I can eat both Sat and Sun helps me get through the week for some reason.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 07:42

BF:

That schedule is a great idea. Think I will copy it.

I am totally focusing on inches around my waist. I started out at 39". After my second DD it went down to 371/2". But then it was back up after an UD. Today it is finally there after an UD!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 09:12

BF:

My clothes are really getting loose! I have been wearing same uniforms for a long time. They have gotten really tight before but have NEVER been this loose. I don't like to spend money on uniforms for work, but may have to give in shortly because they are really baggy now.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 16:35

BF:

Ha! I'm the same way! I REALLY need clothes for spring/summer. That is why I am really making a push here to break this stall. My son is graduating in June. I don't want to be totally dreading the family photos!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-12, 06:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/129/114 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

I want to go on JUDDD after I have completed Phase 2 of HCG to stabilize my weight. That will be in about 3 weeks.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-12, 07:09

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%

I am still hanging in. Seems as if I am going to lose a pound a week which is really OK with me. By Sept. I will be down to about 144lbs. The thing I like is that I am beginning to relax a bit and just go with it. Have read that same comment on other posts and speaking of this try going to lowcarbfriends.com and take a look at their JUDD forum. It's pretty large. I go back and forth between both. Have a good weekend everyone!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-12, 09:48

BF:

I go between the two, also. But, I consider this home...been here since 2003. I really hope that we can keep this thread going.

Yesterday I made a great dinner for DD. Fried some Boca burger crumbles and added some egg whites from a carten. After it cooked I added some shreadded parm cheese and green salsa.

Todays an up day and Im not even thinking about food. This is interesting because I always thought about what I was going to eat.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-12, 16:56
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I'm back from San Antonio. Did well on my two down days; did fairly well on my up days.. Didn't lose anything; didn't gain anything, so I'll pick up right where I was when I left. I'm going to try to rein in my carbs on up days a bit more. Going to eat my 1655 calories, but try to make them all lean meats, cheese and veggies. Will try to avoid low-carb breads and pancakes for awhile longer and see how that works out for me. Glad you ladies are holding in there.

I'm finding the down days are getting easier for me. As always, my weak time is late int eh evening, so I'm trying to leave a 50 cal. cushion for a snack of SF jello or a veggie late night. That seems to be helping. I'm no longer starving between breakie and lunch....or between lunch and dinner. It's that late evening that still gets to me.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-12, 17:09
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I fell off the wagon and it ran me over. I'm trying to get back into the groove again!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-12, 17:37
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Cool

I've been watching the JUDDD BUDs' progress with interest and have decided to give it a try. My weight has been fluctuating around the low 180s for about 6 weeks. I currently weigh about 8 pounds more than I did at this time last year and some of my summer clothes are tight. I'd like to shake things up and give weight loss a jump start

I put my stats through the calculator on Dr. Johnson's website and decided to try for 700 calories on a down day and 2300 on an up day. Since I'm a type 2 diabetic, I need to stay low carb on both days. I'm shooting for about 20 g net carbs (or less) on a down day and no more than 50 g on an up day. At least for now, I've decided to skip the JUDDD 2-week induction phase (described on the website) where down days are to be 500 calories or less.

Today was my first down day. I managed 696 calories and 17 g net carbs for the day with most of the carbs coming from Greek yogurt. Last night, I made a big pot of chicken vegetable soup and boiled eggs to eat on my down days this week. So far, so good.

Good luck to everyone! Some of you have already had great success.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-12, 18:05
Registered Member

Plan: lowcarb 90/10 paleo juddd
Stats: 165/122/115 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

It took most of my 9 weeks on JUDDD so far to have the sirt-1 enzyme get totally in gear, so if you are struggling with hunger on a 500 cal DD, or it seems like your loss is non-existent or insignificant, you might be a slow starter like I apparently am. Prior to this, was losing only a scant pound a week, if any.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 05:05

BF:

Im going camping for the next two days. Today is an UD so I will probably make tomorrow a moderate day. I have never done a MD before. Just going to be careful if I can!