Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 10:02

Plan: My own plan!
Stats: 176/163/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 32%
Question Induction and BFL Combo Menu?'s (Long Post)

I am on Induction and will be starting BFL next week. I was wondering how everyone else fuses the two plans together. I have read ever post in the BFL section of this forum, but don't see a sample menu. I don't want to go over 25 or 30 carbs. I have learned a lot from this forum, but I will be reading the book this weekend. I am a cardio addict so this is a HUGE step for me to try BFL! I am unable to do the 20 min cardio sessions in the morning on an empty stomach during the work week. My workouts will be around 4:15 M-F.

Meal #1 7:30 A.M.
3 Scrambled Eggs
3 pieces Bacon
Diet Swiss Miss Hot Choc w/Splenda
Water

Meal #2 9:30 A.M.
EAS Carb Control Choc Shake
Water

Meal #3 1:00 P.M.
Small Side Salad-Romaine, Bacon Bits and Fresh Parm Cheese
Hamburger-Let, Tom, Must and Mayo
Water

Meal #4 3:00 P.M.
14 slices of Pepporoni
3 oz of Cream Cheese
Water

4:15 Workout
Water

Meal #5 6:00 P.M.
EAS Carb Control Choc Shake (low fat-4 grms/high protein/low carb)
Water

Meal #6 7:30 P.M.
1 Fit-n-Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (high protein/low fat)
1 medium tomato (high carb/minimal fiber)
Water

The totals according to Fitday are:

Calories 1766
Fat 131 68%
Protein 120 27%
Carbs 25 5%

It's really tough to follow the basic rules of induction with 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs and follow the instructions with BFL. The two plans conflict each other a lot. I'm scared to move up to OWL because I want to lose!

My concern is my calories here because I would like to keep them between 1450-1650. The really tough part was trying to come up with a post work out meal that's high in protein and carbs but low in fiber and fat.

Also, this seems like a lot of eating and a lot of food! Is it true that I will feel like I'm gaining in the first week due to water retention? Should I use green tea for water rentention?

Help me please! I really want to do both plans and whip my body into a machine and I want to do it right! Am I on the right track here?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 11:57
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I would worry more about the pepperoni, bacon, processed bacon bits, and other processed foods when it comes to water weight. Also only your after workout meal should be low fat if you are combining the two. Meal 6 should have good portion of fat with it.

The protien isn't to bad there. You need to make sure to have enough to support the lean muscle being built. You really should look into upping the carbs though. At 20g of net carbs you will probably find yourself not able to complete the workouts and work at a high enough intensity level.

edit: The first thing you should do is go online or to the gym and get your body fat tested. It is important to gain lean mass while losing fat, not the other way around. Set your goal weight based on body fat percentage.

Last edited by LadyBelle : Thu, Oct-16-03 at 11:58.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 13:13

Plan: syndromeX
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 14%

Under the BFL postings, the first thread is "Sticky...." - go there and you will see "LC & BFL tips and hints". This should help you a lot. I think the only thing you need to change would be a little higher carbs after workout.

Hope this helps!
Karen