Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 13:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 134.4/127.2/107 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Smile Carb/Weight Question

Today I had a setback. I am on day 8 of induction and I had 4 small pieces of thin-crust pizza.

I am feeling really guilty now.

I tried to find out the carb content in these, as I can't imagine it would be too terribly much since the crust is so thin (Imo's if anyone is familiar with it). I could not find any nutritional information for this specific brand but I would imagine it is around 30 grams.

How much weight should I expect to gain from this? And will I see this gain tomorrow or possibly not for a few days? I am trying to prepare myself so I dont get dissapointed when I see the scale rise.

On the upside, I feel as though it is giving me a headache and making me feel sluggish and bloated (though that could be b/c of my guilt and anxiety over eating the pizza), which makes me not want any pizza anytime soon!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 13:52

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Don't sweat it. Learning to eat differently takes a lot of time and you may falter a good many times before you are on track all the time.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 14:43

Plan: M&E / Atkins Induction
Stats: 210/210/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:too much
Progress: 0%

I went off my plan for one week and I ate with wild abandon during that time for 5 days...I gained 3 pounds from it and it then it too me 1.5 weeks to lose it.

With some people it shows up the next day, with others it takes a couple of days...you may not even gain anything from it at all. This is a big experiment for everyone as everyone has a different story to tell. Just keep on your plan and drink lots of water to flush it out.

Good luck and stay away from the pizza! heehee
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 15:02

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Let go of the guilt ... You probably will see an increase but it'll be temporary if you get back on track asap. Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 15:43

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

If anything it will be water weight. If I eat something that might have hidden carbs or what not...I just make sure I drink a little more water then usual and that flushes it out!

As Tx says...we all have a different story as for our bodies are different in how we gain and where we gain.

Good Luck!!!

E
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 03:21

Stats: 169/142/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:37%/24%/22%
Progress: 69%

Don't look at the scale and you won't have lost anything
I found that it's best just not to look for a few days and it will not hurt you a bit.
Make sure though to drink lots of water !
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 06:41

Stats: 185.8/185.8/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

[QUOTE=*Star*]On the upside, I feel as though it is giving me a headache and making me feel sluggish and bloated (though that could be b/c of my guilt and anxiety over eating the pizza), which makes me not want any pizza anytime soon!
QUOTE]

The symptoms you describe are definitely caused by the carbs. There will come a time when you no longer desire high-carb foods like pizza. That's the magic of this WOE. The more you stick to it, the more you will find healthy foods attractive. Funny, but the first few weeks LC-ing I found myself growing bored with my LC food options, but now (after 2.5 months) I really don't. I look forward to my butter & eggs every morning.