Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 16:50
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 272/150/142 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Food weight

What is the normal amount of poundage gained from eating and drinking? At any given moment what is the normal amount of weight in a person that is comprised of recently eaten food, waste material, etc. etc.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 17:19

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Maybe it's just me, but I am totally not getting your question. Rephrase, please?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 17:23
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 272/150/142 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 94%

Let's say I step on the scale and it says 152. I eat supper or something and I get on the scale and it is 158. That would be 6 pounds of food/water eaten.

On average, what is the amount of food recently eaten that is still in the body, as well as the amount of waste in someone.

So let's say I ate 5 pounds of food yesterday, and today I ate 5 pounds of food, I don't go to the bathroom until tommorow, at this moment, I have 10 pounds of eaten and undigested food in me.

What is the average amount in an average person?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 20:38

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

LoL, I dunno! But I step on the scale in the morning then again at night after dinner and I've gained 4-5lbs as well. Only weigh yourself first thing in the morning before breakfast and after a visit to the toilet.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 23:21

Plan: Low carb/healthy
Stats: 154.4/119.0/125 Female 5ft4 and 3/4ths
BF:don't ask...
Progress: 120%

What is your ? Ghost...

What are you trying to get at? I am with astro..only weigh yourself once in the am. Plus..you eat different daily and specially the poundage? Lets be realistic..lol..Plus water weight can be hard as well..Just eat well/exercise/ and good things will happen
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 07:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/174/155 Female 5'11"
BF:size 18/12-14/8
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ghost
So let's say I ate 5 pounds of food yesterday, and today I ate 5 pounds of food, I don't go to the bathroom until tommorow, at this moment, I have 10 pounds of eaten and undigested food in me.

What is the average amount in an average person?

I don't know what the average amount is in an average person. But just because you ate 10lbs of food doesn't mean that that 10 lbs is just sitting in you. Your food is broken down by stomach acids and digested throughout your body. In the meantime you're losing fat out through your urine, etc.

With that said. Every day, I will gain 5 lbs between my morning weighing and evening weighing. That 5 lbs is always gone in the morning, without expelling any body waste except urine. Your body utilizes much of what you ingest.

And no, I don't recommend weighing more than once a day. Take your first waking morning weight. I just like to weigh in the evening too, I'm fascinated by the changes