Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 13:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/170/135
BF:
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up TENNESSEE DIETER

HI

MY NAME IS KANDI & I'M FROM MPHS, TN. I JUST JOINED ON TODAY AND I'M EXCITED ABOUT THIS. I'VE TRIED THIS WOE BEFORE AND LOST 28LBS, I HAVE GAINED ABOUT 10LBS BACK SO I HAVE PROMISED MYSELF THAT I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS A WOL NOT A WOE. SO STAY ENCOURAGED AND MOTIVATED WITH GODS HELP AND DETERMINATION WE CAN ALL REACH OUR GOALS.

KANDI
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 18:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/200/170
BF:
Progress:

Hi, my name is Daryl (female) I am from Clarksville. How are you doing so far. I have just started and this is my first time. I have 30 pounds to lose. talk to u soon
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 11:05

BF:
Thumbs up update

WELL I'VE LOST 5LBS AS OF MONDAY, I TRY NOT TO WEIGHT IN EVERYDAY BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO GET DISCOURAGED, SO I LIMIT IT TO ONCE A WEEK. HOW ABOUT YOU, IS EVERYTHING GOING OK?

KANDI
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 15:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/200/170
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

Hi Kandi

Things were not going so well with me at first. I put in 200 pounds but I believe , wait, I know I weighed more, like seven pounds more.Whew! (too embarassed even on the internet) I am at 201 right now (this is true) but I have been there for a while. You see, I became laxed with the new way of eating and overdoing on meats and fats, not sweets. I did not realized I should checked my keosis. I did it once I had a trace, and no longer, so I have been out of keosis for a while. I started back yesterday, after reading the bk a little more, and we will see how things are going. My height is something like 5'11.
Daryl
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 21:09

Stats: 162/162/125
BF:
Progress: 0%

I live in Cordova, TN (near Memphis) and I had been on this program before and lost 20 lbs. I love low carb!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 12:22

BF:

I also live in Cordova (how about that!!), I also lost about 28
pounds on the low carb diet, I have put back on about 15 of those pounds, I'm determined to lose that plus about 10 more
pounds. How much are you looking to lose? Do you excercise?
Maybe we could exchange some tips, recipes, etc.

Kandi
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 12:43

BF:

It sure is a small world! I'm looking to get to 125! I belong to the Six50 (formerly World Gym) and haven't been in a couple of months. Last time I was on Atkins I didn't exercise. Do you think it would come off faster w/exercise?

I work in the Koger Center on Germantown Rd. Maybe we could have a low carb lunch together one day.

Carolyn
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:46

Stats: 165/165/125
BF:
Default I live in Cordova too!

Hey ya'll I am Michelle - live in Cordova - struggling with the Atkins on my second day!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 07:23

BF:

Michelle,

When first starting out on the Atkins program, your body goes through withdrawals (just as someone on drugs or alcohol). You may experience headaches, fatigue, & even mood swings, but just hang in there. It takes about a week to get over this, but once your body acknowledges that you are no longer feeding it carbohydrates, you should start feeling great... Are these things that you are struggling with? Pls advise.

Kandi
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 07:33

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi guys, I am Tanya. I live right outside of Bartlett between Bartlett and Cordova. I am moving soon, but not too far, around Germantown rd. and Walnut Grove. This is great, nmaybe we can get together and have LC lunch. I have been wanting to meet some LC people in the area.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 09:45

Stats: 165/165/125
BF:
Default Atkins struggles

I am just not a meat eater usually but It's getting better. I live across the street from the Marble Slab Creamery so I better be careful when the cravings for cheesecake ice cream come on lol.

My first day I had some stomach cramps around 11pm - probably because I had nothing but meat products that day and a small cup of cole slaw. I have not been drinking water like I should. In fact it's almost 11am and I have had only a 1/2 cup of coffee! I have not had breakfast yet either. This is harder than I thought!

#12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 20:45

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hey guys, what happened to everybody? I joined the thead and ran everyone off . Please come back, we really need a support group here in Memphis........
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 23:39

BF:

Didn't run off, just busy..still on the plan and only lost 3 lbs so far. It seems harder the 2nd time around.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 06:43

BF:

I'M SORRY, I'VE BEEN SO BUSY. I REALLY NEED SOME MOTIVATION, IT DOES SEEM HARDER THE SECOND TIME AROUND. I NEED TO DO SOME GROCERY SHOPPING, THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I SEEM TO STAY ON TRACK. I SEEM TO HAVE A HARDER TIME WHEN THE RIGHT FOODS ARE NOT EASILY AVAILABLE. ANYONE HAVE SOME QUICK TIPS OR EASY RECIPIES THAT I CAN USE?

KANDI
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 21:41

BF:
Smile

Is everyone still hanging in there in Tennessee? I've been on the plan for a month and lost 5 lbs. I was hoping to lose faster. Any words of encouragement?