Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 21:40

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I loooove the Darielle elbow pasta! Its cheap, I can get it locally, and I love it with butter and parmesan. I tried it with Alfredo, and a double cheddar sauce and didnt like it at all. Some tomato sauce isnt bad either but I like it with the cheese and butter best. Plus you get TONS for only a few carbs. The serving size it 3/4 C. DRY, I can only eat 1/2 C. DRY. Very filling. I havent tried any other pasta I like the Darielle, only $2.99 at my health store, and I found it at Albertsons 2/$5. Whoohoo! I wouldnt mind trying a spaghetti type soon though...
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 21:07

Plan: Atkins Nutritionals
Stats: 226/204/150 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Bella Vita

is it really the "best" tasting LC pasta? I've had darielle and keto, didn't think they were too great.
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 20:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.6/273/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 5%

I just had the Bella Vita LC elbows tonight for dinner. Added cheese, cream and butter to make sauce. Out of a 10 I would give it a 7. But tonight, our first really chilly evening (35) some Mac & cheese and hamburger steak HIT THE SPOT!! I'll eat it again..but not very often, I'm to stingy with my carbs to spend 10 on elbows, tho that is for 1/2 cup dry and it was a large serving, but I ate every bite

Mary B
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 20:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/144/130 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Keto Spaghetti

I have tried Keto Spaghetti. Of course the texture is a little different from regular pasta and the taste a little bland, but I have found that using the pasta in a baked spaghetti dish seems to make the sauce penetrate the pasta a bit, therefore cutting down the bland taste.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 15:05

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 140/135/115 Female 5' 4 1/2"
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up CarbXtract Pasta...

We had the LC CarbXtract Fettuccine last night & really enjoyed it. I'm starting a low carb distribution business here in Oklahoma and through doing research & setting up suppliers got some CarbXtract samples, had read it was better to cook the pasta a bit longer & have to agree. Had purchased a pkg by Simply Organic to make the fettuccine sauce and added some small chicken pieces to it as well. Hubs noted that the texture of the noodles was different, but still enjoyed his dinner. We also had the LC CarbXtract Wheat bread and it was quite tasty as well. Had the Adio Carbs Tortillas (plain ones) the other night stuffed with cooked hamburger & onion, with shredded cheddar cheese, I added a dash of Ranch dressing to mine (1 carb tsp) and found it delicious and filling. Love being able to read the thoughts about different products on these forums. Happy LC Thanksgiving! V
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 15:27

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I really like the Bella Vita pasta. It's a real treat when I make it. Everyone who has tried it when I make it likes it. I got some Mario Batali sauce to go with it, it was fabulous! Also made some macaroni & cheese out of it. Good stuff.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 23:47

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Okay I take back my Darielle vote! Bella Vita is soooo much better! Mmmmmm! I found it at Super Walmart by the regular pasta!

Last edited by el corazón : Wed, Dec-10-03 at 23:49.
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 21:01
Registered Member

Stats: 143/126.6/125 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 91%

The product is fairly new, and I couldn't find a site to purchase it at on a quick Yahoo search, but keep an eye out for CarbFit pasta, more info here:

http://www.carbfit.com/products/index.php

I bought a box at my local health/whole foods store, only $3.19 for an 8 oz box. A little bit darker brown than regular spaghetti, and the texture is a bit different, but when you add sauce to it, it was as good as regular spaghetti to me. It's a little high on the carb count at 9g/2oz serving, but for an occasional treat it's worth it to me.

A great dish is using a LC marinara sauce, add a container of heavy whipping cream to make a cream sauce, and add shrimp to the sauce. Deeeeeelish!!
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 21:34

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

To all those who liked the Bella Vita pasta......
I would love to try this but I truly do not like the taste of "soy". Can anyone with an aversion to soy give me the low down!!

PLEASE!!!!! I really would loe to find an occasional pasta to make mac and cheese!!!
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 07:46

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Since my last post, I've tried Dreamfields. Unbelievably good. Best I've had, tastes like the real thing. It is, with a fiber coating.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 17:33

Plan: atkins/pesco-veggie
Stats: 115/115/115 Female 64.5"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoLover
The product is fairly new, and I couldn't find a site to purchase it at on a quick Yahoo search, but keep an eye out for CarbFit pasta, more info here:

http://www.carbfit.com/products/index.php

I bought a box at my local health/whole foods store, only $3.19 for an 8 oz box. A little bit darker brown than regular spaghetti, and the texture is a bit different, but when you add sauce to it, it was as good as regular spaghetti to me. It's a little high on the carb count at 9g/2oz serving, but for an occasional treat it's worth it to me.

A great dish is using a LC marinara sauce, add a container of heavy whipping cream to make a cream sauce, and add shrimp to the sauce. Deeeeeelish!!

i've got to go with this stuff, it tastes surprisingly like spaghetti. i served it to my family and nobody noticed it was low carb...that certainly indicates it's pretty good to me!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 07:42

Stats: 185/158.5/150 Male 5'8"
BF:18.5%
Progress: 76%
Default Dreamfields?

Anyone tried Dreamfields? I did, and it threw me out of Ketosis.