Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-13, 12:39

Plan: ECLECTIC LC-MFP
Stats: 321/182/196 Male 72
BF:ABDOMINABLY?!
Progress: 111%

Thought about using sausage as my fat fast food. Two oz serving is 250 kcals with 220 from fat (88%fat). Four servings would equal daily 1000kcals and provide ~28g of protein. Pretty sure that is NOT sufficient to maintain my lean body mass long term. Would it be better to eat all four servings at once so muscles might actually get 'fed' once a day or split it up into 2 'meals'?? or even 4???! Don't think I want to try to do this for more than a day or two...
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-13, 18:26

Plan: Atkins / Keto / ZC
Stats: 182/130/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 100%

Update Day 6 FF:
Weight 178.2
Ketostix 1 block above neutral.

Where is the purple I had last time I did FF? Where?
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 01:04

Plan: ZULCA!
Stats: 353/279.2/175 Female 64 in.
BF: For now...
Progress: 41%

As your body becomes more efficient at using ketones, you excrete fewer of them.

Also, the darker shades can be darker due to being dehydrated. If you're well-hydrated, you can have lighter shades.
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-13, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

No matter how fast I,m losing I cann,t turn those darn sticks so take heart . They are,t a perfect indicator of wieght loss. I don,t see why we cann,t do several larger meals a day instead of 5 minis but if it doesn,t work its easy enough to go back to the other way.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 17:05

BF:

Day 7 of FF:
Ketostix: No measure today
Weight: 177.2

My minigoals are typically: 175/170/165/160/155/150.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 17:10

BF:

I had the unpleasant suprise of when I switched of the foods Dr A recommended to foods that totaled in the same fat range for the whole day I stopped losing fast. My last two day ff I only lost 1/2 pound and really felt like crap.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 18:43

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

I went back to induction last Monday and have not lost any weight and the Ketostick has not turned. Very frustrated!! I started at 225.2 and today was 225.8.

The next 2 days I can't do the fat fast but will start it Thursday. I love all the tips. Could Polish sausage work?

I have to read on the protein I have no idea how much I eat maybe it is too much I don't know.
Gloria
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-13, 19:44

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some

Gloria, just remember that it is 1000 cals w 80-90% fat.

Sausages and other meats tend to fall into the 2 ozl range w varying amts fat.

It is easiest, IMHO, to figure it out w the highest fat foods and go from there, rather than try to do it w protein foods.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 10:02

Plan: DirtyCarnivore/vlc Atkins
Stats: 181.2/125.0/123 Female 65
BF:34.6%/19.7%/?
Progress: 97%

It's not meant to be long term...5 days at most, if I recall correctly (my book is loaned out).

Ketostix are not good indicators of ketosis or keto-adaptation. As a pp noted, a dark color can indicate dehydration, not ketosis. A light color or no color may indicate that you are either not in ketosis or that you are keto-adapted and therefore not spilling excess ketones. Complete opposites.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 10:16

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I did the fatfast a few days last week but was hungry. I ate LC over the weekend and was doing the fatfast yesterday, then ate a t-bone steak for supper. OOPS, but it was sooo good, I didn't want to stop at 3 oz! I was going to do the FF today but I'm having serious food cavings already this morning, so I ate a normal breakfast of eggs and sausage. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, ( i got it right this time) so I'm not doing a ff tomorrow were having fried catfish for supper. My biggest issue, lately is a late snack, I eat my calories in 2 meals and I'm not hungry at supper but I still want a snack. I havn't had this habbit in a long time.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 12:16

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 227/227/160 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2
I did the fatfast a few days last week but was hungry. I ate LC over the weekend and was doing the fatfast yesterday, then ate a t-bone steak for supper. OOPS, but it was sooo good, I didn't want to stop at 3 oz! I was going to do the FF today but I'm having serious food cavings already this morning, so I ate a normal breakfast of eggs and sausage. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, ( i got it right this time) so I'm not doing a ff tomorrow were having fried catfish for supper. My biggest issue, lately is a late snack, I eat my calories in 2 meals and I'm not hungry at supper but I still want a snack. I havn't had this habbit in a long time.

Do you think it's because of the fat fast? Cause I'm kinda the same way since I started this....I'm not hungry but KNOWING i only have 1000cal, does something to my mind....
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 15:18

BF:

Day 8 of FF: One day to go.
Weight: 176.8 lb
Ketostix: 2 blocks above neutral
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 10:04

BF:

I got my big guestion anwered and to the positive this morning. I got on the scale and have lost 1 pound doing induction coming off ff (last day was saterday) but making a point to keep my fat up to at least 60%. FF has worked to get my weight lose restarted after a one month stall.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 20:11

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I think I was "hungry" because I knew I wan't eating much. I binged yesterday and today, so I went back to LC this evening with supper. I will aim to rise my fat leverls, but I'm not going to FF for this week, I need to get myself back intot he groove of things.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 21:51

BF:

Day 9 of FF (the last day)
Weight: 176.6 lbs
Ketostix: 2 blocks above neutral.

I lost 3.2 lbs in 8 days.

Tonight's meal is our Valentine's Day dinner. We are going to a lovely steak restaurant. I am going to have champagne, red wine, steak and veggies, no bread or spuds.

I will report my weight tomorrow!