Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-06, 12:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/161/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Could some kind person look up my protien req.'s?

I am switching from Atkins to PP and just started reading the Eades's 1st book....I have seen people on this site offer to look up protien calc.s in their newer book...would someone tell me what a 5'6" 200 woman would need? and I stay at that level until I am close to goal, right?
also, is there anything I need to know about this plan that is not covered or explained in the 1st book?

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-06, 20:03

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1
I am switching from Atkins to PP and just started reading the Eades's 1st book....I have seen people on this site offer to look up protien calc.s in their newer book...would someone tell me what a 5'6" 200 woman would need? and I stay at that level until I am close to goal, right?

Table in PPLP says 34 gm per meal. When you drop under 150# you could lower to 27 gm per meal. BUT those are minimum amounts! You probably should try for averaging one and one half of the minimum over a weeks time. It is the carb level you keep low until you are at goal.
Read this in Dr. Eades blog about carbs and loosing weight. It explains why you MUST get below a specific level of carbs in you diet before you can loose your stored fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1
also, is there anything I need to know about this plan that is not covered or explained in the 1st book?

Thanks so much!

Yes, read the second book PPLP.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 09:44

Plan: G I Diet
Stats: 176.5/171.6/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 11%

Great article. Really explains low carb.