Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 14:25

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default 1 month, 1 day

Still hanging in there, still the every now and again cigarette. It would be nice if they would suddenly get disgusting.
Culliallen - I totally understand what you are going through with the husband who smokes. My ex is a smoker and I tried to quit several times during that relationship. Stay strong.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 14:38
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Atriana,

Every now and then is still better. Every time I quit quitting I seem to come back with a vengence and smoke more!

Wa'il
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 08:58

BF:
Default 1 month, 2 days

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
Hi Atriana,

Every now and then is still better. Every time I quit quitting I seem to come back with a vengence and smoke more!

Wa'il

I know how that goes - I would usually smoke more whenever I even THOUGHT about quitting. Whenever I "quit quitting", as you so aptly put it, I absolutely detested my cigarettes, the very act of smoking, and myself. For some reason, that only seemed to strengthen the love affair. Go figure. Are you still in the cutting down phase?
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/172/145
BF:
Progress: 23%

Atriana,
My heart aches for you. It's been five years since I quit smoking and believe this or not every now and then I still get a craving.Thankfully it passes quickly! It is a very powerful thing that you are addicted to. It took me three trys to quit. The first time I used hypnosis which absolutely did nothing. The second time I used the patch and found it harder to stop because I had more cravings. The last try(the one that worked), I went cold turkey. It took 21 days till I can truthfully say I woke up and said I don't need or want to smoke today. Like I said there are still those days but if you take a few deep breaths and say a prayer it will pass. Try again, and again till it works. We are all pulling for you.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 06:46

BF:

Thanks Katie. This morning I slapped on a patch as I woke up wanting to smoke! I don't really understand it all, I am not a particularly weak willed person. Many years ago I kicked a rather serious drug problem - hell for a while but it eventually became a non issue. This is so different, I don't know if it is because it is more socially acceptable, readily available or if it is just more addictive.
I still weigh 7-10 pounds more than usual and I am still not totally over the nicotine thing - it is scary. One thing that keeps preying on my mind is I am going on a cruise in 4 weeks (with a friend that is also a smoker). I started buying clothes for this trip about a month and a half ago - now they barely fit. I have got to get both the weight back to normal and the nicotine thing under control in the next 4 weeks.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 19:28

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

Don't give up now honey.... your friend will stink and you will smell good..... get a grip on the food thing and you will look great for your trip and smell wonderful..... we are cheering for ya!!!!!!!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 20:14

BF:
Default Day 33

Thanks misselly!
I guess the patch today helped a lot. Plus, I went to my drumming circle so my hands were busy a lot of the time - although there were women there who were smokers. So, a totally smoke free day!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 05:56

BF:

Wowwww....You are doing great......How about those Canadian Hockey BOYS!!!!!!!!! Talk about success!!!! You and them are WINNERS>>>>>>>>>

#39   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 20:28

Plan: protein power plan
Stats: 260/250/190
BF:
Progress: 14%

first i wanna say congrats, let me say that i have been smoking cigs for 7 years and im 25 years old i have also been smoking weed and doing pills for years and it wasnt until 3 weeks ago on wed. that i stopped everything after i almost died because of a accidental overdose, i have since then seen the light no joke and thankful to be alive i have never felt greater in my life but about the cigs it gets easier trust me the first week is soooooooo hard the second a lil better and now its almost a habit that i dont smoke soooo hang in there eventually you wont even think about em
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 21:45

BF:

congrats to you....
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 21:50

BF:

Mustangman - in only 3 weeks you were able to quit EVERYTHING??? What is your secret? In this (and in previous) quits, I have always found the 3rd week to be almost as bad as the 3rd day.
Misselly - so you are a hocky fan - I didn't see the game but I heard it was great.
Another patch today. Didn't smoke any cigarettes - even though I had to see the ex for an hour or so.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 20:31

BF:
Default Day 37

Still wearing a patch, still doing OK. Didn't smoke today, but didn't spend any long periods of time around any smokers. The cruise is 24 days away - and I am still 7-10 pounds heavier than usual.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 06:09

BF:

atriana....join us to get rid of that 10 pounds.... my holdiay to florida and nassau is april 11th.... I will be down... we are doing a blitz and its working.... i am down 5.5 pounds in less than 2 weeks... way to go on the no smoking...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...14&goto=newpost
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 15:30

BF:
Default Day 39

OK day so far, actually forgot to put on a patch this morning, the old one fell off in the hot tub sometime last night. I really started noticing it about 4 in the afternoon. But, I think what helped is that my lunch guests today were a couple in their 70's - he is down to about 30% lung functon.
Last night was more difficult, 2 of the 4 guests are smokers, and one even smokes my brand. I didn't smoke, but it was difficult.
So, misselly - how long are you going to be in florida? What cities are you going to visit?
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 16:37

BF:

Going to be in Panama City for a week, then driving to Orlando and flying to Nassau from there for a week.....

YIPEEE!!!!!!!!

Being from the north.... its exciting to go south...