Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 13:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/229/130
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Found a home

Hello everyone, I have been on Atkins two weeks lost 7 lbs. This board is marvelous so much good information and support.
Just got around to checking out this forum, and I was so excited I read every single post. Two weeks ago I weighed 237, highest ever, I just kept gaining last few years cause I frankly gave up after 30 plus years of dieting. So I am now at 230, and according to all those awful weight charts I should weigh 102-110. Well since I have since 110 since I was about 12 years old that doesnt seem too likely. So I will make my goal 130 so I can join this great forum.
Live long and Prosper.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-01, 18:53
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

It's good you've found a home, but don't stay in too much. There are many things to do outside of the Triple-D club. Articles to read, journals to peruse, recipes to try and of course, posting, posting, posting!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 15:40

BF:
Default Thanks Karen

The amount of valuable information on this board is awesome,
I spend much of my computer time each day here.
By the way, if you are the Karen with all the recipes, thanks very much. I love to cook and am enjoying learning how to cook the low carb way.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 15:46

Stats: 324/253/150
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi Carmgon,

You will really enjoy all the different aspects of this forum. The common thread is that everyone is so very supportive. Spend some time learning your way around and reading. I found the journal to be inspiring. Most of all enjoy it.

Liz
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-01, 20:14

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Smile

Hey Carmgon,

Welcome to the support group. Congratulations on your induction results. It's not easy deciding to change your way of life, but you can do this! This is the easiest, tastiest "diet" ... no, I mean way of eating that I've ever done & I'm sure you'll do well. Trying new recipes & learning to use all those good fats is lots of fun.

Yes, Karen is the Karen of the recipes. We live in the same city and I'm blessed to have met her and call her a friend.

Happy lowcarbing,

Ruth
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 16:26

BF:
Default Thanks for th welcome

Finished week 3. Have gotten the most encouragement from this board. The initial excitement has worn off, and now I'm getting to the realization that this is going to be some hard work.
Bought a carb counter book. I am still feeling great so I know I dont want to go back, but it is a challenge. My small victory for today, said no thank you to Krispy Kreme glazed donuts at the office.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 18:03

Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Thumbs up Donuts

carmgon,

Quote:
My small victory for today, said no thank you to Krispy Kreme glazed donuts at the office.

I'd say anyone who can say no to donuts is well on the way in success

My policy on life for the last 3 years or so has been to celebrate any small victory I recognize. By celebrating small victories, I hope to make the big ones seem more welcome

Keep up the good work