Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 00:18

Plan: lowcarb
Stats: 227/223/150 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default confused about bulk entry and custom foods

when i click on bulk entry it just asks me to make a title for the bulk entry. wut does that mean? i read in one of hte posts that you can add a salad with whatever ingredients as a bulk entry. how do i do that?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 01:12
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hiya Mizz,

The bulk entries are of 2 types - either something like a salad that can be used for one meal, or an average day's worth of meals.

Say you want to make a typical salad as one of your bulk entries, the title would be "salad" or "salad with egg" or just what you like. Make sure the dropdown box says single meal not multiple meals.
You then click update title and type and proceed to add the ingredients for your salad. When your chosen ingredients are finished, you just click on update servings to finish.

Then when you go to Daily Entry, you simply click on salad (which you will find in Bulk Entries in your favourites) and it can be added to your food for luch or dinner or whatever. The ingredients will appear, not just the word "salad." You can then edit those ingredients as desired.

To fill out an average day, you choose Multiple Meals not Single, and you then fill out an average days' worth of meals.

If it helps, it took me a looong time (just ask Wa'il ) to figure this all out, so do feel free to keep asking if you don't yet understand.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-05-05, 05:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/143.3/138 Female 5'5"
BF:27.9
Progress: 56%

Hmmm. I was just using the recipe area. I made my salad a new recipe but if you can adjust the ingredients when you enter it in your daily record than bulk has some advantages. I also made coffee with half n half a new recipe so I wouldn't have to enter both every day.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-05-05, 15:17

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%
Default Sweet!!

I was wondering 'bout this....hadn't gotten around to asking (thanks for asking it mizz!). My life just got a WHOLE lot easier! <happy dance>