Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 17:10
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy Clinging to the rim of my pit....

I went to a court ordered workshop on mediation (what a waste of time THAT was) for divorce today. Then came home to find out that my doctor's office had changed their hours so that they close at 5:30 with out telling me... well, that was nice, since I was supposed to pick up some samples of Lexapro from them this evening... they told me to call back after 5pm to see if they had them ready.... geee, did they think I was going to fly the 30 miles from my house to their office to pick them up???

I've been on Lexapro for a while and seem to be doing so-so with it, but I didn't realize I was almost out until today, and since my insurance is currently in limbo, the only option I really had was to get samples from the Dr.'s office till it got straightened out.

I nearly lost it when I called the Dr.'s office and got the recording that said they were closed and that regular business hours were blah blah blah.... Of course they haven't updated their message so it still says they are open till 7pm.... which just made me madder. I actually had my Dr. paged and told him that I was confused, since I was told to call after 5, and the message said they were close, but that the didn't close till 7 and it was only a quarter til 6.... (not to mention it is a LONG distance call for me to call the office or the hospital to have him paged....Grrrr.)

*slams her head against the desk.... I really want some of my old comfort foods right now, I'm PMSing, stressing over a divorce, terrified of missing my AD dose, and I don't even have any LC comfort food in the house right now.... I can hear my daughter's ice cream in the freezer...

God help me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 12:34

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default What a day!

Hang in there.

The ice cream isn't going to change anything. Flush it if you have to.

Can the MD call in a one-dose Rx to a drugstore for you to get through tonight, or enough to get you to where you can get samples again? You don't have to buy 30 days at a time.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 14:40

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

Maybe in the meantime, you should go to the supermarket and buy some no-sugar ice cream.

I had it last month when I was going through I crisis I'd ordinarily need a box of chocolate to survive. I got Breyer's no sugar Vanilla Bean. It almost cured what ailed me.

All the best,
Orza
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 12:18
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thanks guys. I managed to get through it, and got to the Dr's office the next day to pick up my samples. No BIG detrement to me, since I take my meds at night before I go to bed, it didn't throw me off that I could tell. It was more the idea that was messing with me. That and an all around crummy day.

Sometimes just getting to vent here is such a big help.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 11:23
Registered Member

Stats: 208/195/135
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default hi risha

Glad to hear you made it through O.K.

One of the ladies I work with also takes Lexapro...she says it doesn't cause weight gain...I'm guessing it hasn't stalled you either?

I lost about 30+lbs on WW back in 2001 Jan-Aug...then started Effexor XR and for the year and 1/2 that I took it I gained every single ounce plus about 8 more lbs back again!

I went off the meds in March 2003...started Atkins in May and the diet alone has helped a lot...but I know I still need something. I'm just REALLY afraid of the weight gain issue! I can't take it. Stopping the meds (on my own) was a really BAD idea though.

I'm actually being treated for Adult ADD right now (again) did this once before in 1998 and it helped my symptoms a lot but moved and changed Dr's and he didn't like Ritalin so we went with Anti-Depressants instead....I don't know quite what to think sometimes. I know I have all the ADD characteristics. I've done a lot of reading about it. But I also have the depression...it's in my whole family.

Anyway...would love to know how you feel on the Lexapro.

Sorry the post is soooo long!

take care!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 11:51

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default GF got Wellbutrin for ADD

One of her symptoms was procrastination through distraction, and it helped her get enough energy together to focus. Don't know if she took Ritalin as well.

Different pathway from the SSRIs. Might want to ask about it.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 19:25
Registered Member

Stats: 208/195/135
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Hi cs_carver

My friend also takes the wellbutrin, too...not sure for what symptoms but I've heard of it helping with ADD symptoms.

I'm going to have to do some research...and maybe try some different things to see how I feel...Just don't like the idea of starting anything right now while I'm really trying to lose the weight! I'll get too discouraged...I know me.

Thanks for the info...