Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-07, 13:45
Currently Fascinated

Plan: M&E/Atkins
Stats: 225/150/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Quite Possibly
Progress: 75%
Default 50 pounds gone

Since the end of January when I started back on Atkins' at 198, I have dropped 50 pounds. It may have taken almost 8 months to get there, but I am so glad I did it.

I feel 100 times better. I have energy, lots of energy! I walk for an hour or so 5 times a week, and lately I've started adding running intervals because the walking just doesn't feel like enough anymore. I've been learning how to golf, remembering how to bowl, and I'm shopping for a bicycle.

None of these things are things I would have even considered a year ago.

I currently wear a size 10. My winter coat from last year is a 22/24, so are my fall jackets. Even my feet have shrunk. I was wearing a 7 1/2W or 8 shoe 6 months ago. Now, I'm a straight 7 1/2, and many of my shoes are now too big.

I walk differently, hold myself differently, and although I am still not quite used to attracting (male) attention, I'm remembering what it felt like. I'm remembering that it's kind of fun!

I picked up two containers of cat litter the other day (14 pounds each) and tried to walk with them. It was hard! I can't even imagine walking with 4 of them, which is pretty much what I've lost since January. (Total, I've lost 5 1/2 of them, even harder to imagine)

Anyway, I started this hoping it will motivate someone who needs it, but it's turned into a blow-my-own-horn session. You know what, though? I deserve it, so yay me!

Robin

PS. If I can do this, with all my metabolic issues and lack of faith in myself or any WOE anywhere, you can, too! (There, that's my motivational part! )

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-07, 16:01

Plan: Atkins-general low carb
Stats: 262/252/180 Female 5.5+
BF:
Progress: 12%

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You do deserve to pat yourself on the back. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way--you've done the work and sacrifice, you deserve the bragging rights.

I hope that someday, I'll be able to brag some too! Again--way to go.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-07, 16:12

Plan: Atkins -- high fat
Stats: 172/154/136 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Congratulations! I am so proud of you! I'm bookmarking your thread, it is so inspiring to me. You started it and stuck with it, and I am SO IMPRESSED! You've given me the shot in the arm I need, and you deserve to blow your own horn.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-07, 07:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/169/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Wow! You shoud be proud. I havent been below 150 in hmmm...7 years! So, when I get there...everyone will know! WTG!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-07, 08:13

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

CNYmom ,

Congrats, I'm hoping to lose another 30 pounds making that a total of 60 pounds.

You should be proud of yourself. I was real discouraged over my weight gain but I now have hope thanks to people like you. Keep up the great work. I'm going to check out your journal.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-07, 12:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/175/120 Female 5ft 0 in
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYMom
I picked up two containers of cat litter the other day (14 pounds each) and tried to walk with them. It was hard! I can't even imagine walking with 4 of them, which is pretty much what I've lost since January. (Total, I've lost 5 1/2 of them, even harder to imagine)

Thats pretty funny- I think the same way- I pick up a 40 pound bag of dog food- and feel the weight on my legs and back and think how wonderful it will be when I've lost that much.
Congrats! you've done a great job.

Denise
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-07, 16:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/135/115 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress:

Sooooooo inspiring!!! thanks for posting your story!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-07, 16:28

Plan: Atkins Modified?
Stats: 148/134/135 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 108%

Wtg!!!!!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 21:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/209/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF: