Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 13:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/140/125 Female 66 inches
BF:22% and shrinking
Progress: 0%
Default Where are all the UK LC's?

I rarely ever see anyone posting in this UK site. Where are all the LC's in the UK? I feel so alone
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 15:03

Stats: 206/149/140 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress: 86%

It has been pretty quiet here recently, I must admit I have been off reading the Atkins thread, the best of thread and other bits and pieces because there hasn't been anything new here and I couldn't think of anything to start a thread on, I replied to a few but they just died.

Why not start a journal, I enjoy it when people visit mine and leave encouragement. Anyway you are not alone, I'm sure things will get busy here again soon, at least you have started a new thread and have one reply in the first 15 mins, by tomorrow there may be lots more.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 04:23

Plan: Atkins.
Stats: 226/222/161 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 6%

I am still here and I would like to hear from more of us from the UK.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 04:52
roll on the weekend!

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 208/174/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I think we are all still here! perhaps we should start a challenge for Uker's LOw carbing???
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 10:45
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 217/159/125 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

I keep checking back at this UK forum every few days to see if anyone's posted something new. I think perhaps the problem is that aside from what foods are available in supermarkets and restaurants, there aren't really many issues that affect low carbers in the UK as opposed to low carbers in general. The main forums are probably better places to post questions about eating habits, stalls, etc. because there are so many more people on them, you're likely to get more useful advice.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-05-05, 00:20

Well Its good to know there are still some of out there. I agree with Vicki. A challenge would be cool. Anyone got any suggestions?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-05-05, 06:23

Plan: Atkins AGAIN!!!
Stats: 265/257/161 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:48/44/51
Progress: 8%

Still here - very similar to the thread I posted a few weeks ago - I think we all check the Atkins section instead as there seems to be more going on in the big wide world - still hanging in!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 06:44

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 218/196/150 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I'm here too!

I often check this forum and then discover nothing is new and leave again - just like everyone else!

I'm up for a UK challenge.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 06:57
roll on the weekend!

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 208/174/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Ok - glad there are at least more than a handful of us!!! Ok so what sort of a challenge shall we have? Anyone doing anything special that they need some help with? I am off on mu jollies at the end of June and I am desparate to lose 10lbs (at a push) if I can. The problem is just when I find something that me and DH can eat and is low carb, the shop that sells it stop selling it.

Anyone seen Tesco's low carb pizza recently. We had a few times and then it vamooshed! There is no hope!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 15:12

Plan: Atkins(maintenance)
Stats: 154/128/128 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Me Too!!

I do my journal almost every day and check out the UK threads

Nope not seen the low carb pizza for a while. It was in our Tesco (north devon) for about 3 weeks at the end of last year and have not seen it since. Very disappointed. I ordered the low carb one once on a home delivery and they delivered the low FAT one which had a zillion carbs in !!!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-07-05, 01:21

I am in Leicester and the products are very few and far between. I just came across an advertisment in a magazine that Boots has started their own low carb range of foods. The salads look nice. As for a challenge, yes I have 21 pounds to lose by June 7th as I am off to Majorca for a week and I want to fit my last years bikini. I refuse to buy another (Larger) one so shall we start one?

Last edited by MetalMom : Sat, May-07-05 at 01:24. Reason: more words
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 16:31

Plan: self-designed
Stats: 216/189/190 Male tad under 6'
BF:
Progress: 104%

I started on the US site last October and have since posted there frequently. Later discovered the UK site but it seemed as if it was in its infancy. Had at look at the Australian site and found some congenial members there so have been making submission to both those sites.

In making comparisons between the US and UK sites one has to remember that the US is a continent and we are just one of its minute off-shore islands (so thinks Tony Blair)! Another consideration of the US site is that it has a vast membership and audience too and has a lot of hawks ready to devour the innocent. As far as can be gauged the members of this site tend to be less critical but would that be due to us being less knowledgeable or possibly a little more caring or diplomatic?

How do other members view ourselves? What's your comment?

PS A further consideration is that some of the Threads have also arisen on the other sites and once having commented on those one's energy and interest becomes expended.

Last edited by Duparc : Wed, May-11-05 at 16:49.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 05:55
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Hi there!

Lo carb pizza in Tesco, it must have come and gone before I saw it I have to say though, that our Tesco is getting more lo carb products in now. Maybe those customer opinion cards paid off after all

Catch you later.

Hugs
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 05:58
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

hello, i'm here too, I just post in the main forums rather than just in the UK ones. I usually open my window onto the new posts bit and go from there!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 15:07

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'm still around, just rather preoccupied by real-life issues which are keeping me offline for long periods But I aim to catch up with the UK forum about once a week and hope that rate will improve as things settle down again