Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#736   ^
Old Tue, May-11-21, 07:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, all!

Lori- I would freaking have a fit if DH got up and talked to me like that! You guys know how I am.

I agree with you on the fasting. By and large it is not for me. If I don't feel like eating then fine, but that is natural fasting. For me enforced fasting is not my favorite.

You *should* be a hungry girl, with all the physical activity you do!

Jaz- did you ever make it down to OC? Nice wide beach there. Wherever we ultimately end up, we will not be beachfront or even super close to the beach.

Are you still going to stay in the hotel now that you are so close to Savannah?

Have you considered getting the couches professionally cleaned? That would probably do the trick for you, unless moving them just isn't worth the effort.

I'm glad you are enjoying your new job so much!

Trig- Thinking of you and hoping all is well. When is N finished with her school year?

••••••••••••••

So today I will be doing more exploring of area towns, this time in DE. Yesterday I explored some areas of MD, drove by some listed houses to see what the neighborhoods looked like, etc. Also did some walking on the Boardwalk again.

Tomorrow I pick up DS and we head back to MD. I am guessing he will likely be tired and hung over. lol His last exam is today.

Not much else to report! I have really been enjoying my time here.
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Tue, May-11-21, 08:17

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I am so glad you are enjoying yourself....the boardwalk and just people watching and goofing off sounds fab!! Cool you enjoy your cruiser bike fun! Then ya get your son and home you come Yea he should be fried and happy it is all over, kiddo has final testing May 26 and she basically is done then. Hard getting to her do her work right now, she is SO over school HA

Lori we got like only 50s tomorrow....cold is coming back..WTH?
You are surviving well on your golf trips wtih the colder weather but it will switch up and you guys will be hotter on the course and needing a few more cold beers to survive

Congrats on your lower number! Whatever you are doing is working well for you so just cruise the ride and keep on truckin'!

Jaz, ahhh on the couches and such. Alot of things will be big reminders of Bella for sure but you being in a new place and all you will set a new routine etc. and be ok Love that hammock park you chatted about.

Super cool the job fits good, got money, will do it as long as it suits you with insurance you wanted.....very great on that.....seems you are set a bit!
Must be nice to be 'set a bit' for you....you been wanting that and ya got it!

------------Tbone steak and pork tenderloin for me today.
I got new mojo. I woke up thinking that theme song from Rocky HAHA
Like it is NOW FOCUS and DO and just get'er done type thinking hit me and I am gonna do that.

Thinking of ditching the pool after this summer. I am SO OVER the work. Sell the filter/motor etc...just have a pool company take down the pool and get rid of it and then I kinda want to put up a fancy azz pergola and cement pad area with nice outdoor furniture and put in a big azz fancy jetted spa. I got water and electric at the pool area so.....heated for winter use of course. Make a little paradise area for me...all my paradise areas for me must contain water LOL

Hmmm.....I don't know, I am just thinking this over now.

Am I moving? Sell this and hit the road and not own anything yet? Are we gonna stay a while and just travel while kid is in college? I am so just not sure on movement just yet on how it will go down but gonna chat with hubby more cause if we are hanging a few more years here my spa idea might just go down we shall see, just thinking over things.

OK enough ramble....off I go to do ?? HA
be good all
  #738   ^
Old Wed, May-12-21, 02:50

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I have to hit the ground running this morning. Time for a couple cups of coffee and then heading to the golf course. 8:15 tee time. It's going to be about 45 degrees when we start out. Crazy. Yesterday I smashed my left middle finger between 2 of my golf clubs in my bag and it hurt like hell. Didn't really bother me that much after a bit, but when I got home I noticed that it is an interesting shade of purple/red down toward my knuckle. I was afraid it would be really stiff and painful this morning, but doesn't seem to be unless I squeeze it. Still ugly reddish purple, but it seems to work.

Since we're playing so early today, I'm going to take a cup of coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream in it...yum. I have a Swell bottle that is insulated and keeps the coffee hot for hours.

Sorry no personals today......thinking of you all and I'll check in after today's round.

Bye!
  #739   ^
Old Wed, May-12-21, 04:42

BF:

Lori, ut oh you are starting out golfing with a smashed finger and 45 deg. Brrr....but have fun playing cause the Baily's will help with both troubles LOL sounds like a fun day tho.

we got rain today happening, probably coming your way too so enjoy golf before ya might get rained out later maybe.

HEY ALL
nothing doing here
got rain pouring down...blah dreary day

got a tbone for later
and pair up with something

ate a nice pork tenderloin yesterday that was delish.

Just living life and seeing where it goes.

I booked 3 day beach trip. Leave this Monday and come home Thurs. Fast one for me to metal detect and hubby to fish and leave kid and dog home to get some growing up independence time in the house.....she can't wait for us to be gone.

be good and chat up later
  #740   ^
Old Wed, May-12-21, 06:27

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

You ladies have me cracking up!

Trig- Yea on the beach trip......no kid no dog........ Where did you find to go?????? Are you booking a hotel or gearing up the RV? Quick trip for sure!!!!!!
What ever will you do with alone time.....hummmmmmmmm

You meat sounds fab!!!!!!! BTW ya I can see ya getting up to the Rocky theme song!
Yup- today will be a wet and soaked kind of day!

Nic - funny on Big fish you didn't dig the crab cakes. Oh my troubled heart......... I guess I am not as a crab cake connoisseur...HAHAHAHAH- Yes I have made it down to OC. Maybe sine you are that way you could hit up the island with the wild horses. That is a great place to visit. The name slips my head.

Interesting about DS19 and ex GF........hummmmmmmmmm

Very exciting about the wedding plans. did they pick a date/ location?

Lori- - I'm so sorry about your finger. You broke a blood vessel. For lack of a better word a deep messy looking bruise.

Hope you get your game in before the rains come. We are getting it in Ga. I am not getting yet but will.

HAHAHA- on your chatty DH. What up with that? Is he taking GO GO juice all of a sudden??????? What could he be so chatty about first thing in the morning?

The thing I am struggling with is having to chat on the phone in the morning with strangers........... Who WANTS to chat in am?????? HAHAHAHAH
----------------------------------------------------
So the next thing I need to do is pull myself up and put on big girl panties and move forward.

Going to bring my couches here. They just need a good vacuum. They are only 4 years old. I actually just paid them off last year. They were a 3 years same as cash deal. I decided I will vacuum them up and get new bright pillows and not put down blankets on them. No need. I always had them covered with blankets.

So...next order of business try to find movers on both sides of the state. One on the pack it all up side and one on the unpack it up side. Then rent a truck!
I think once I get MY stuff around me after 6 months of living in Airbnb I will settle in. My bed, my environment. I made a few calls yesterday and I really need to put my nose to the ground and get this done!

Had big storms last night. So glad I have a TV to watch - I am pretty much living in the office. My blow up bed, work space, and TV- COSY.
The storms were so loud!!!!- more on the way later today. I do need to run out at some point and pick up a few things. I am thawing some ground beef and thinking meat balls and Rao sauce and call it a day!

Ok- time to plug in!
Back later.
  #741   ^
Old Wed, May-12-21, 07:14

BF:

Hi all!

Lori- Ouch and Brrrr! Both! It is in the 50s here right now. Warming up to low sixties I think. I hope you have a good golf day. Smart to do the Bailey's addition!

Trig- I kind of like the spa idea with the pergola for you. It doesn't sound like your DD hits the pool up that often and the spa would give you a much bigger window of time during the year to use it. Plus I think that could be a selling point. A pool can go either way. When we are ready to sell I'm sure we will lose some potential buyers who won't want to mess with a pool.

Your DD finishes up early. Around here school goes into June.

Jaz- I think you are making a good decision with the couches. We've never gotten rid of furniture and so forth after the passing of a pet. It is hard, of course, but time helps.

I'm glad you are happy in your new apartment and feeling cozy. There is a lot to be said for feeling cozy! And once you get moved in to your apartment you are set for what, a year?

Re: Crab cakes- battles have been waged over what makes a good crab cake. It is so individual! There wasn't filler in the Big Fish one, that is true. I am just partial to the drier crab cakes that my husband makes. He has ruined me for all crab cakes!

••••••••••••

I have had such a nice visit here on the Eastern Shore. I have spent two days sort of wandering the area up and down the coast, getting a feel for the different towns and feeling sort of overwhelmed. lol Not in a bad way, just in the "this is a huge decision to even be considering omg" sort of way.

I have started getting packed up and had a shower. I need to go ahead and get off of here and finish getting things together etc. DS wants to me to grab breakfast and take my time so he can sleep in. lol

More later today or tomorrow, from back home!
  #742   ^
Old Wed, May-12-21, 11:16

BF:

Home shortly after Noon. We had a lovely morning on the course. I played 10 shots better than yesterday, so that's good. Back again tomorrow at 9:30.

Jaz....sounds like a good decision to just super vacuum the couches since they are basically like new. Hope you find the movers you need for help at both ends.

Trig.....A quick trip to the beach sounds like just the ticket. How long a drive will it be for you? I think the jetted spa in your yard would be awesome. You'd use it year round!

Nic...Hope you and DS have a good trip home. Glad you've enjoyed your time at the beach. I find that just seeing the ocean recharges my batteries.

--------

Our DS & DDIL are on Sanibel Island in FL. They head home tomorrow. They've had a great time and want us all to go to the resort there sometime. Sign me up!

A beautiful, sunny day here. Another one, even warmer, coming tomorrow!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, May-13-21 at 02:15.
  #743   ^
Old Thu, May-13-21, 05:13

BF:

Good Morning here from out side of Savannah- my new home!

Nic- so glad you had a chance to play on the eastern seaboard! So fun!!!!! Yea on those crab cakes! Once you find the ones you life you sorta stick the nose of at others. I do NOT like fillers. Just give me the crab, even those Old Bay Carb cake mix has a little filler. However, I do love those!
I will look at the stores here to see if they have it. You have me wanting Crab cakes now! I could eat just that and shrimp and call it a day.

Lori-
- How is your finger healing up? Are you resting today or playing? I bet you wear those cute skorts....... I bought a 2 pair. I need to wear then on my "thinner" days. They don't hide much. hahaha But so cute.

Sanibel- Been there twice! If you have never been it must be put on your bucket list. It is known for the best shelling in the world! The beach is not white sugar sand- it is crushed shells and requires sandals. Pretty- OH YEA!!!!!!!!!

Trig
- Whoot Whoot beach time just you and hubby! When was the last time that happened? Where did you book? You taking the RV?
Very excited for you! Wear that pretty sundress....wink wink

Hey Blue!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
So we newbies at work have whined loud enough about not having enough time to complete getting all those licenses they want us to have they are giving all over us across the board another day.

I don't get off work until 530. By that time my brain is fried and I am not into more work. I am just done. So today is license day no calls. I guess there is enough of us that just are not sucking up our free time to work after and not get paid they are having to work it into the schedule. AS THEY SHOULD. This is something they want- not something I need.
Anyway, overall I am very grateful for this job. My expectations were pretty low for it. So it went up from there.

I am most likely going to be another week in am empty apt. I still have not found movers. It is pretty crazy with lack of movers, lack of trucks, lack of gas around here!!!!!!! WTH???????
People really are filling trash bags with gas............now that is really smart.... NOT.

Just taking it day by day! Made chili again out of my little electric skillet. It works ya know. So all good.
Slept 9 hours last night. I am realizing just how little sleep I have gotten in the last month.

I am socked in today with rain. I am cool with that, no need to get dressed. That is the big thing - these steps are "buns of steel worthy" but that requires clothes!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

Off for another cup of coffee. I will tell ya I am splurging a bit to buy some higher end coffee. Right now I am brewing some Charleston Brewing Co. OMG good!!!! I really like this coffee. Very smooth.

Keeping it real!!!!!!!!
  #744   ^
Old Thu, May-13-21, 05:24

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz......hope your licensing work goes smoothly today. Glad they finally realized that you all need more time(not your free time) to get what they are requiring.

A nice rainy day inside......nothing wrong with that. Enjoy that coffee!
-----------

Heading to the golf course again today. Hoping it warms up a bit in the next couple hours. Sun is shining, but it is only 40 degrees out there!

I'll pop in this afternoon when I get home. Gotta hit the shower and get moving. Bye!
  #745   ^
Old Thu, May-13-21, 05:29

BF:

Jazz, pink sundress LOL not me. I am pink Tshirt and elastic wasit shorts person only HA

Damn cold here....unreal!

Yea gas insanity now...but the tankers are rolling so you should be able to get movers sooner than later now.

Glad your job is better than expected but yes I would not give my free time for work....nope, I am SO glad you aren't going there at all....nothing in this life is free right they want work they pay ya or make it work into the schedule for sure...good move on that

Lori...glad your game improved.
Ahhh Sanibel....yes take me, yes I would book that resort and go, go soon HA
Glad they had a blast.

Nicco...your adventure sounds like it wrapped up into a real nice relaxing trip.....alot to think about? Maybe moving into that area? What ya thinking on it all?

------------hubby off to Virginia or GA, hell not sure, got a 9 hr drive to and fro with 3 other guys...hitting car auction for the company and driving back things they bought.

easy quiet day here

was gonna go up to see mom but bro Gregg is taking her to cardiologist tomorrow so I might as well go up on Friday to get the appt scoop and info from him and visit at the same time....so holding that off til later

what to do today....who knows...COLD AS crap here. Shocked. Years in the old days we would have the pool open and be darn near swimming, now we barely swim at Memorial Day it is so freaking cold.....my old butt is moving more south, not a doubt about that....I don't think I am gonna put money into this house or change anything.....EH still thinking about it all LOL

be good...zc all the way for me today. been craving cause ?? no idea but man I am close to going apeshit but will hold come hell or highwater...got to get my hands on some big crab legs to settle me down....haven't seen any in the stores lately...ugh...oh well....I will live and move on
  #746   ^
Old Thu, May-13-21, 08:14

BF:

Lori- Yay for 10 shots better on the golf course!

I have heard great things about Sanibel Island. I have a friend who absolutely loves it there.

Jaz- so even with the time to work on it, are they expecting you all to have all 50 states completed in a matter of days? Seems like that would take a heck of a long time to do.

Hopefully the gas issue is being resolved and you can get movers out soon. It does sound like you are coping pretty well in your little nest as it is. (Speaking of, my Bella showed me that we have a bird nest in our azalea bush! Little robin eggs in there. So cute!)

Trig- Good idea to hold off until tmrw so you can hear about your Mom's cardiologist visit and how that went.

I'm sure some of your cravings are due to stress about your Mom and so forth. Her health issues are kind of new thing and it is a lot to take in. Sending hugs!

•••••••••••

Gas- I filled up yesterday after driving back from OC. There were several gas stations with nothing, but I found one with gas pretty quickly and just a short line. I hear things are really bad in the South.

Got back yesterday evening from bringing DS19 home from college. I can't believe he has completed a year of college classes! He absolutely loves his college and I am just thrilled to bits about that for him. He did well- 2 A's and 2 B's. Interesting to hear him talk about his classes and grades.. the boy is maturing. He wasn't pleased overall with his grades (I, on the other hand, was elated! lol) and was mad at himself bc he would have had 3 A's but he accidentally overlooked an assignment and got a zero. That brought his average before the final down from an 89 to an 83. He said his favorite class was history bc he had to "work really hard in it, make study guides etc" - this was notable bc I could NOT get him to do that throughout high school AND he freaking hates history. But what he was essentially saying was that he earned that grade and was proud of it (he got a B) and that is also new for him. He aced his Biology class and gives the nod to his high school Bio teacher for that. He said others were struggling but it was easier than his HS class had been. So really good stuff from him about college and I tried to just enjoy all of it and zip my lip against any advising etc. The boy is finding his way and I could not be happier just to listen and watch it all unfold.

He has reconciled with his GF for now. I say for now bc her Mom is really, really difficult and I think that could pose a real problem. We'll see. I'm glad he is happy though. She's a nice girl and really pretty.. but more importantly, she is kind and has a really good head on her shoulders.

Last night Dh and I went out to dinner with all the 'kids'- just our family of five (DD's husband got the second vaccine the day before and wasn't feeling well.) It was just one of those really quality moments in life- the kids were discussing their exercise regimen (leg day, push day, pull day.. I have no idea) and then they were discussing stocks and investing.. at one point DH and I just look across the table at each other and did a Jedi mind trick, as long married folks do. It was a fun look into the now and into the future- our young adults discussing things we don't know too much about (like dogecoin investing) and just being their own little entity, and also that we had successfully managed to bring 2 and 3/4 of them to adulthood. You know? Just a little moment of being amazed and pleased with ourselves.

I know in a week I will be complaining about my kids (two at home now!) but for this moment- perfection. (and let's not get carried away- DS19 and I got into it when I went to pick him up and he had not secured me a parking pass.. not all roses! lol)

Dh and DS22 get their second vaccines today so I imagine they will be feeling punky. I'm getting the house cleaned up from being gone and then going to Costco. I leave in a week for a girls beach trip to FL! I'm sure it will be fine but honestly the thought of being with a group of people for several days is not thrilling me right now. I am such a recluse! lol
  #747   ^
Old Fri, May-14-21, 02:27

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day, another insanely early start. I'm hoping the cat soon starts being outside at night. I may have to wait a couple weeks until I go to my sister's again to catch up on my sleep!

I have to make a run to the grocery store this morning before heading to the golf course yet again. I know I waited all winter to play, but man, I'm tired!

-------------

Nic....It sounds like your son had a very successful year of college! Love picturing you and DH sharing a moment as your kids sat there all grown up and everything. A job well done for the two of you!

Where in FL are you heading next week? I just have to go somewhere....and soon! Until then, I'll just tag along with you in my mind.

Jaz...How did things go yesterday with your licensing work? I can't imagine doing it for all 50 states!

No golf skorts on the course yet this year. I will be able to get the shorts out for this weekend as we're finally getting into the 70's. The skorts are cute, but not always the most comfortable for walking. It's hard to find one that has adequate shorts underneath that don't "crawl" IYKWIM. Bermuda shorts are more my jam.

You'll get your stuff at some point, but it sounds like you're doing fine with just a few items. When you finally get all your things, it will seem like Xmas!

Trig.....Let us know what the Cardiologist has to say about Mom. Hope she gets a good report.

Is your weather improving for the weekend? We have been getting a few degrees warmer each day, but the mornings have been chilly.

-----------

I have a couple hours before I go to the grocery store. I'm not sure there's enough coffee in the house to perk me up for the day.

Wishing you a day of

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, May-14-21 at 02:37.
  #748   ^
Old Fri, May-14-21, 05:52

BF:

Lori enjoy your golf day. WOW you are a golfing powerhouse for sure!

Nicco that was so nice reading about your dinner with the kids chatting 'current adult' issues about investing and life out there.....I know I would feel more like a dinosaur then too but it is super cool they are so engaged now ya know....darn right you should be proud! You and hubby can sit back and nod and feel calm in how well you brought them along....must be very satisfying for you! Super cool!

Jaz what's up? How are the new digs? Been exploring your area yet? probably this weekend?

--------------mom off with bro gregg for cardiologist and will get info later....will head up there tomorrow to visit and check in

off monday to beach. metal detect heaven. OMG I SO WISH it was 99 deg. outside to swim and really enjoy the beach like I want to but will have to deal with no swim and cooler temps but this time I can detect and hubby will fish and all will be QUIET with no kid or dog. No bring me back McDs or no walking the dog at 2AM at night with doggie begging at the door to go out etc....wow. I can't even imagine

pack rv but packing very light over weekend.

just bringing 2 monster steaks for one night, other meats for me to hold me but eating out at all you can eat crab buffet one night, yum and will hit up a steakhouse place at Broadway at the Beach when we wander around and eat lunch out. ALL VERY calm and quiet and simple this trip.

hit grocery tomorrow cause my local has low cost sale on ribeye steaks and I need quite a few for the freezer.

All going well...so far so good on everything.

just chillin' now....be good everyone
  #749   ^
Old Fri, May-14-21, 06:51

BF:

dot- back in few
  #750   ^
Old Fri, May-14-21, 07:08

BF:

Good morning!

Lori- yes, we have a heat up coming and it looks like it will last a little while. Hopefully you can get into those Bermudas soon! Good luck with your golfing today!

You asked where in FL- I am headed to Ponce Inlet, which I think is just south of Daytona. It will definitely be warm there!

Trig- I am so, so excited about you taking this trip with your Hubby. It will be really nice for you both to have some time alone. Like you said, you can metal detect to your heart's content and he can fish, then you can enjoy dinners and time to relax together. A little taste of what is to come!

I hope your Mom's trip to the cardiologist goes well today. I'll be looking for an update on that however you want to share, via email or here.

Jaz- How was all your Cert stuff? I know yesterday was a long day for ya!

Hi Blue!

••••••••••

With the incoming heat we are expecting the cicadas to really start making an appearance. DD and SoIL said they saw about 20 on their walk yesterday. I keep going and checking out our backyard around the trees and I'm not seeing any yet but every day there are more reports of them showing up. By next week or so they are predicting it to be fairly deafening outside.

Had a family dinner with DH and the boys last night- I had made "breaded" pork tenderloin, roasted asparagus and greek salad. Very yummy. Then the boys went and worked out, came home and surprised us- they had gone and gotten haircuts after. DS22 got buzzed (he is losing his hair so baby stepping toward a full shave) and DS19 is the opposite- he has a TON of wavy hair, so he buzzed the back and sides and has a big poof of curls on the top of his head. Apparently it is a thing. lol I think he looks like Junior Asparagus! lololol

Not too much going on today, really. Fine by me! A couple of small errands, maybe a walk or video. Yesterday was pretty busy so a quiet day is welcome!

Oh- we'll see how Dh and DS22 do today. If they are going to have a shot reaction, today will be the day it will happen.