Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-20, 05:38

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Cad/calp 2020

Hi.....I知 just starting out and will eat CAD thru the holidays to the new year. I知 doing the original CAD.

Anyone who wants to join me with CAD or CALP would be great!

Today for my reward meal I知 having broccoli soup a cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce tomato and red onion. For my carb I知 having checkers fries

I知 hoping to lose some weight and I don稚 mind if it is a slow loss. At the end of the year I will evaluate my WOE and decide if I want to continue or switch it up.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-20, 08:36

BF:

I stayed on plan yesterday and will have my R/M for dinner tonight.
I was planning fried eggs with two pieces of toast for my carb.

I知 not sure how Thanksgiving will go because I知 not hosting this year. I知 going over to my sons house and he likes to have appetizers then traditional thanksgiving meal and later dessert.

Have a great Thanksgiving and stay safe💕
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 03:55

BF:

Morning.....off plan for thanksgiving as I had figured and had my R/M in the morning yesterday. I知 trying to keep it for dinner every day.

I知 not tracking calories or carbs yet! I知 going to weigh myself next week to see how it痴 been going and if I need to change things up I will.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-28-20, 09:43

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

I am not yet back to food logging but highly encourage it - it has always been helpful to me to actually "see" how I did over the course of a day.

I did fairly well on Thanksgiving, far from as tight as I am able, but we started with one of my favorite holiday cm's - scrambled eggs with green scallion, a sugar-free smoked salmon, and clean sour cream with a tiny bit fresh lemon zest and juice, thyme (it's called lemon cream) on the side. Coffee and measured half and half.

I highly recommend a loose leaf binder so you can collect favorite cm recipes as well as new rm ideas that work for you.

Best wishes to you.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-30-20, 14:08

BF:

Thanks Patricia always nice to hear what others are doing.

Having my RM for dinner tonight again I知 trying to keep it for dinner.

I will probably weigh myself on Friday or Saturday this week. I知 doing good and enjoying my RM
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-02-20, 13:19

BF:

Hi all....
I had a slip up and just ate 1/2 bag of Christmas candy I had put away for Christmas Day! I was planing a nice breakfast dinner with toast.

I will skip the toast tonight and make the candy my RM. it痴 one of the reasons I love this plan. If I was following strict LC I would have thought well I blew it so I might as well just keep eating more carbs lol.

Although it痴 not perfect that I ate the candy, this plan allows me to stop 🛑 and do a u-turn! It痴 not totally on plan but it痴 close enough that it lets me continue and not give up😀
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 08:13

Many, many positives to cad and calp!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-20, 05:46

BF:

Morning...

Had a good day yesterday, I started my RM with a bowl of veggie soup. I also had a small salad with tomato, onion and sunflower seeds. I had 3 pieces of Banquet chicken for my carbs.

I like combining my protein with my carb. It makes cooking easy on busy days.

I知 going to start doing the weight averages as they explain in the book. I知 starting tomorrow and I will average every Saturday. They give you different plans you can choose to follow depending on your losses.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-05-20, 09:00

BF:

Morning

Had a good RM yesterday but I woke up really hungry! I did get on the scale this morning and was a couple more pounds than I thought. It could be because I lifted yesterday morning for the first time in a while.

I hope I don稚 forget to weigh in every morning I知 not used to doing it and I have to so I can average.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-10-20, 05:55

BF:

Morning....I知 still going strong, enjoying my RM.
I am remembering to weigh every morning, I will average out on Saturday.

Weight has been up and down and looks like I知 maintaining☹️ I知 really hoping for at least 1 pound a week. We will see!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-11-20, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep#17
Morning....I知 still going strong, enjoying my RM.
I am remembering to weigh every morning, I will average out on Saturday.

Weight has been up and down and looks like I知 maintaining☹️ I知 really hoping for at least 1 pound a week. We will see!

I have loved doing 7 day averages for my weight. I can be a very slow loser, and it allows me to see those weeks where I may only lost 1/4 to 1/2 pound - but that is always so preferable to thinking I've gained!

Slow and steady does win the race.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Dec-11-20, 17:31

BF:

Hi Pat....yes I thought it was a brilliant way to calculate weight!
I知 looking forward to my first full week of weighing and finding out what my average is.

Tonight my RM was Italian sausage wrapped in lettuce with mustard and my carb was fries yum! I also save my diet root beer for my RM
I have one about 3 times a week.

I知 also a very slow loser but I don稚 mind as long as I am losing and not gaining lol yes slow and steady!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 05:35

BF:

Morning....I just calculated my weight this morning and it stayed the same. I知 not upset and will continue with this WOE because I want to give it a chance to work. Also just maintaining during the holidays would be huge for me as I usually gain!

I知 thinking on the 1st of the year I will decide if I need to make any changes on my CAD WOE or change it up completely.

I am getting used to weighing every day and TRYING not to let it bother me if I知 up😱
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-20, 05:41

BF:

Morning....weight is really not going down, so I知 thinking of having my RM for lunch maybe that will help me. My concern is will that make me want carbs for my dinner.

I usually like to look forward to my dinner with DH but I知 hoping changing it to lunch will give me time to use up the carbs before bed 🤔

RM for today is spaghetti w/sausage, I致e been craving it for some time. I probably will have extra meat on the side to make sure I get enough protein. I love the spicy sauce but I did have a hard time finding it with the pandemic. I will be trying a new brand Sams Choice Spicy Arrabbiata. Hope I like it🤞
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-20, 07:22

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi Jeep!
I am so glad to hear you are reading CAD. IMO I do think reading CALP as well with all the info on triggers and other culprits is important. It has helped me so much. A lot on artificial sugar in the new book too.

There are many good posts here too, look for CAD/CALP CHEAT SHEET and stallers. Print them, take notes. It's for life ... a life span plan, one you fine-tune so it work for you.

Hang in there. Once you find what is triggering you. If I have broccoli f.i. in the RM I need sallad first it is so starchy so you get the balance of 33/33/33 plate for your RM. Broccoli is not allowed on the CM but is great in the RM with other greens first.

Keep us posted!