Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-14, 11:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Ditched my scale - pretty nervous!!

I had a bad Christmas season, and got fixated on weighing myself two or three (or more) times a day. So start of last week, I decided to put the scale away (daughter hid it - I don't even know where it is) so I could focus on nothing other than good clean eating. I was supposed to get it back after two weeks - but I've decided I'll wait until my "anniversary" since it is so close (I started my diet on Fe. 18th last year). I'm really trying to get my focus away from the "results" and put all my energy into doing what I know I need to do. I was playing some silly games like "Maybe I'll fast today to drop a pound" and dumb stuff like that. But it is nerve wracking! For some reason, my brain is CONVINCED I'll gain if I don't weigh every day, although I know if I'm doing the program that isn't likely. But I had a second helping of bacon last night and worried!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-14, 11:27

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Just like you have to break your carb addiction, you also have to break your scale addiction (and it IS an addiction). It's useless for women to weigh themselves every day because depending on where you are in your cycle your weight can fluctuate up and down all the time. Good for you on keeping it hidden and stop worrying.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-14, 09:15

Plan: LC with CO
Stats: 479.6/475/299 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 3%

It works if you work it. Have a little faith in your program.

I have to keep telling myself, I'm more than a number on a scale. I don't know how we all got programmed to be so fixated on a little number on a little piece of metal. Come on. We're smart, funny, beautiful people - at any size/number. Congrats on your choice to be healthy and not obsess over the scale. You can do it!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-14, 14:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Update - I'm liking this! I'm really able to focus on my plan, without being a slave to the numbers. My WORST fault with the scale is to get sloppy - oh, look - I'm still losing even though I didn't exactly follow my plan today. Guess I can keep doing that!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-14, 16:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 264/257/160 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Is it EVER!!!
Progress: 7%

Oh how I can relate to THAT, 2thin. I have fallen into that pit before and have made up my mind not to do it again! Hope you stick to your resolve too.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-14, 20:45
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

glad to see it is working for you 2thin
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-14, 22:57

Plan: Atkins/Bernstein
Stats: 307/297/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

I can relate. I also have an addiction to the scale and it can control my moods, emotions, and self-esteem. I have also had my husband hide it in the past, and maybe will do so again.